Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

WHY NO 1979 EUROPEAN TOUR
Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: May 22, 2009 18:20

Being they were coming off there best selling album and best critically acclaimed album since Exile...why did the Stones not tour Europe in 1979?

PECMAN

Re: WHY NO 1979 EUROPEAN TOUR
Posted by: mryapp ()
Date: May 22, 2009 18:58

They were not a band that year in Europe.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: May 22, 2009 19:14

Why did they break the pattern of doing U.S. tour one year and then Europe the next?

PECMAN

Posted by: jeanmarie ()
Date: May 22, 2009 19:57

according to an article issued in a french rock magazine dating from 78 (rock & folk) , it seems that a few shows scheduled in june in small place were cancelled ( france UK germany) !!!!! (the Stones don't want some risk of riot , 2 months before keith judgement .
In the same article the US tour is confirmed for june 78.

Posted by: jeanmarie ()
Date: May 22, 2009 19:58

but sorry , in french ... the text

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: May 22, 2009 19:59

Cause of the Keith/Heroin/Toronto thing - the future was shaky and when it wasn't it was too late to put a big tour together...... Maybe Mick was pissed off, Maybe this was the final straw that got them breaking up by DIRTY WORK a few years later.... kind of a delayed reaction thing. It happens, my cousin did something super effed up to the family many years ago and it took me about 4 years after I found out to ream her (verbally) and cut her off for good.... delayed reaction...... (man did I verbally kick her ass you should see the phone bill - she was in Europe, I was in the USA, there's about 25 to 30 hang ups on the phone bill in about 5 minutes - bahahahaha !!!)

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: May 22, 2009 20:14

jeanmarie
but sorry , in french ... the text

Dear Jeanmarie, No problemo - bien joue!! Merci Beaucoup, Helter (my French is horrible but soon it will be better smiling smiley )

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1710
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home