Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Did I really Glasgow 73 boot revie lis or was it a dreamt:
Posted by: Macman15 ()
Date: May 22, 2009 11:04

Concert in question is Glasgow (Apollo) Scotland dated September 16,1973.

Now are far as I know if memory serves me righth there is no true (pressed CD or even what the Japanese term PRO (fessional) CD-R issue of this VERY MEDIOCRE audience quality source. All I have is the Rockin' Rott 2001 title "Down In The Gracvyard In Glasow" CD-R . Again I am away from home and just woke in my Tallahassee "Lassie" hotel room at 0330 am I might add!!!.

I seem to recall seeing this either on a boot review list or on 'Collectors Review' (email) update today or have I been dreaming? Can anyone confirm this as it is VERY unusual (for ME) to actaully dream about such a random topic. So if someone can confirm (maybe some other collector out there read this yesterday / this week) OR am I simply LOSING MY TOUCH in that I am sleep deprived having been away from home for what is now day 5 (former plans to have been away on Monday and Tuesday and returning on Wednesday but "LO and Behold" to quote Dylan and the Band for 2 more days away have turned into what has been realized as 5 days. Supoosed to be (returning home late tonight/Firday).

So with that did I dream about a silver pressed Glasgow 9/16/73 or did I actually read this? Hell I can vividly see the front cover depicting MJ with the "fagalicious liitle jewel type crown of head" written text "TRS, Glasgow 1973"..Hell slap me, wake me up or confirm I aint really goiung nutz. At any rate pretty crap quality this show is but if there is actually gonna be a silver issue I will pay th $25-$30 for its price to satisfy the completist nut in me!!! Thanks to listeing to "Mr Sleep Deprived"!!!;-))

Re: Did I really Glasgow 73 boot revie lis or was it a dreamt:
Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: May 22, 2009 11:38

Hi Bro,

I think there's in fact a silver-pressed one on an Italian label from the early days of CD-bootlegs but as I'm in office I can't tell for sure.

If I can find it I'm gonna send it to you together with the MD you wanted and you can safe you $ 30 for a remastered and censored Goats Head Soup ;-)

Have a nice one where ever you are!

silkcut

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 22, 2009 12:04

Hey Macman - yes there's a "new" release of Glasgow 1973 coming...read about it somewhere
Looks like it's made by the same people who released "Copenhagen 1973", "Aberdeen 1982", "MSG 5th night 1975".....in other words; it's just a Dime-download; presented on CD. It's a so-called "non-label"-label....they have no name.
So there's no new source for Glasgow 1973, that's for sure....in fact I'm guessing that it's a copy of mr Silkcut's torrent of last year; because that version was a slight upgrade over the previous CDRs in circulation
You can sleep now...!

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: May 22, 2009 12:26

Hey Macman15, is this what you've been reading:

[www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]

Posted by: Macman15 ()
Date: May 23, 2009 23:52

Thank you to ALL who replied to my query!! And yes Rank Stranger, that is the link where I recently read about this issue.

Mr Silk I am MORE than HAPPY to take those items off of your hands my great friend!!! You name the price and I will send it right away!!! I will be sending you a private email in the next 15 minutes, let me know when you get it.

Erik I am finally back home today, havent slept much in the past 3 but planning on doing so tonight in my own bed. Thank you again !!!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 24, 2009 15:35

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2382
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home