Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT Are you a bigger fan of:
Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: May 22, 2009 06:39

Bob Dylan, Neil Young or Bruce Sprinsteen. I love them all but Bob dylan for The MEZ. Curious of other IORR"S, as they get mentioned often here. MEZ

Re: OT Are you a bigger fan of:
Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: May 22, 2009 06:59

Love, love Dylan.
Neil is not far behind.
I have never gotten on the Bruce bandwagon. I liked Nebraska but don't own anything else, though I did have the cassette of Born in the USA.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 22, 2009 06:59

Bruce first, I have appreciation for all three.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 22, 2009 07:00

TeaAtThree
Love, love Dylan.
Neil is not far behind.
I have never gotten on the Bruce bandwagon. I liked Nebraska but don't own anything else, though I did have the cassette of Born in the USA.

i'm with you. tried like hell to figure out what the bruce buzz wuz all about in the late 70's and early 80's - had the lp's - but got rid of them and have never looked back.

bob and neil? nothing needs to be said...

Posted by: silverstones69 ()
Date: May 22, 2009 07:30

1] The BOSS - Do like him a lot. Have lots of his CD's / DVD's.

2] Neil Young - Have a best of CD & like it very much. Other stuff of his is "hit or miss" to me.

3] Bob - Never could get into him. Have tried but do not really enjoy his style & sound.

Re BOB - Several people I know [fans / semi fans of his] have reviewed his latter day concerts & have literally described it as possibly the worst live show they have seen & totally incomprehensible in both the song being sung & vocal clarity.

This is not my opinion, but actual people I know reviewing his shows from the past 10 years or so? These are people that are fans & being extremely disappointed by his live shows.

One person I know saw him in Vegas a few years ago & didn't know any of his stuff at all [not a music fan period], and said he was fantastic & enjoyed the night very much.

I would guess he must still put on good shows if people still go & see him live. Must be a lottery though?

I can't argue with anyone who says his live shows are great etc or his albums are brilliant, because I will never see him [due to too many reviews like the above that seem to be of the majority I hear] nor will I ever get an album of his.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 22, 2009 09:41

1. Bob Dylan sure is number 1 for me. All the masterpieces this genius has delivered through the years makes him the greatest in my book.

2. Bruce Springsteen. He's almost as great as Dylan and I'm impressed by the the fact that he's been on the road almost every year since 2002

(2004 being the only exception). If you are into ever changing setlists - The Boss is your man!

3. Neil Young comes far behind in this comparison, but I do like lots of his work.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 22, 2009 13:02

appreciate all three - but His Bobness comes in at number one.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: May 22, 2009 13:14

Dylan.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 22, 2009 13:23

This is more difficult to decide than the classical "Stones vs. The Beatles" (Shut up Gazza!) - because what they represent is quite close to each other. So it is just the question whose music or voice or lyrics to prefer...

But, of course, Dylan is Dylan - no one comes even close in my book.

- Doxa

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: May 22, 2009 13:42

all of them make me sleep.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-22 13:50 by straycat58.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 22, 2009 14:42

The Mez
Bob Dylan, Neil Young or Bruce Sprinsteen. I love them all but Bob dylan for The MEZ. Curious of other IORR"S, as they get mentioned often here. MEZ

Find it hard to pick between Bob & Bruce. I guess it depends who I'm seeing that week or who has a new record out (the same applies with the Stones). I'll cop out by saying that Bruce is the best live performer I've ever seen but Bob has a body of work that's untouchable. So, as we're here in mid May and I saw Dylan 2 weeks ago and he has a great new album, maybe its him - then again I have 4 Bruce shows coming up in 2 weeks from late June, so that might change again.

Neil would be a bit behind those two, but after Bob, Bruce and the Stones would easily be my favourite living artist. I get to see him twice next month as well.

And part of the reason why I love 'em all is because they (largely) follow their own muse and do what they want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-22 14:43 by Gazza.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: May 22, 2009 14:53

I like Bruce a lot. If there was a concert of the Stones and Bruce in one day at the same place, I would go to see the Stones, but besides that there is no other artist that I would rather see (I have never seen him yet, but I will this summer).

I like Bob a lot too, have a great respect for him, but as a live act these days, I would deffinitely prefer Bruce. Have seen him twice, would love to see him again as many times as possible.

Neil Young - I don't know his stuff really. Shame, I know. But during the last 2-3 yeard I have "discovered" both Bruce and Bob, both thanks to IORR, so I guess Neil will follow one day, but the time hasn't come yet, I still have much much to study concerning Bob amd Bruce. (And Stones as well of course, which is a different case, since I have been a fan for a good couple of years, but there is so much...if I consider the unbelievable "Stones' knowledge" of some of the people here...)

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 22, 2009 14:54

Dylan.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 22, 2009 14:57

ODd on Dylan in 70s-80s, something similar with The Boss.
Neil I have yet to discover plenty by. Lurv all three;
Young is the dearest for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-22 15:27 by Baboon Bro.

Date: May 22, 2009 15:18

silverstones69
Re BOB - Several people I know [fans / semi fans of his] have reviewed his latter day concerts & have literally described it as possibly the worst live show they have seen & totally incomprehensible in both the song being sung & vocal clarity.

This is not my opinion, but actual people I know reviewing his shows from the past 10 years or so? These are people that are fans & being extremely disappointed by his live shows.

One person I know saw him in Vegas a few years ago & didn't know any of his stuff at all [not a music fan period], and said he was fantastic & enjoyed the night very much.

I would guess he must still put on good shows if people still go & see him live. Must be a lottery though?

I can't argue with anyone who says his live shows are great etc or his albums are brilliant, because I will never see him [due to too many reviews like the above that seem to be of the majority I hear] nor will I ever get an album of his.

I dont think it's so much of a lottery as a case of what you expect from a concert experience.

Firstly, Bob doesnt engage much with the audience and if he does, it's done very subtly. Some people seem to take it personally if a performer doesnt talk to them much or say 'thank you' after every song, etc. Personally, while it would be nice, I dont think its a big deal. I don't think it's disrespectful either (I've more issues with someone charging me a fortune to see them and then mouthing insincere platitudes to make me feel better)

Secondly - Dylan doesnt do greatest hits orientated shows. Frustrating if all you know is the most well known songs. He doesn't pander to that sort of fan.

Thirdly - the songs will be rearranged from one year to the next. Sometimes it works brilliantly and sometimes it doesnt. It's up to the individual how they view his decision to do this. You can see it as the evolution of a true performing artist for whom the original recording is just a template and wonder how anyone can rework a song so dramatically that theyve been playing for decades and breathe new life into it - or you can be as frustrated as hell by spending the first few lines playing 'name that tune' with yourself and being appalled at how someone can decide to deconstruct or mangle what were perfectly good records in the first place.

Personally, I love the fact that he cares enough about his art to try and rework things and the unpredictability of the whole thing, instead of just turning up expecting a carbon copy of the records. Other people for their own, valid reasons may not like to be 'challenged' like that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-22 15:22 by Gazza.

Date: May 22, 2009 15:28

Speakin' of.. Gazza! Do ya know if this is for real?

Date: May 22, 2009 15:45

Is Gazza went for a coffee break? Anybody else? This outtake with Beatles, is it for real?

Date: May 22, 2009 18:07

Can only post from work at certain times of the day, Bro.

And I cant view certain sites from work, either - including YouTube. So I dont know what it is that you've posted.

Posted by: mryapp ()
Date: May 22, 2009 19:01

This question is like asking:
What do you like better-
Heart Attack
Cancer
Being hit by a car

Posted by: MacPhisto ()
Date: May 22, 2009 19:09

Dylan is easily my favourite artist. I find his work so very inspiring and never got so much out of music as is the case with his.

Bruce comes next, not too far away from Dylan. When it comes to decide between the two, I usually take the same way out as Gazza... because the best live show I've ever seen so far was Springsteen's.

Neil Young... well, I own a few albums but I do not listen to them too often. Ranks far behind the other two in my book.

I shall be released by the Beatles? I have never heard of that before (which, of course, does not mean it can't be real). But I'm quite sure that I shall be released was not released (stupid pun) before 1971 on Greatest Hits II... but I think Bob recorded it in 1967 with the band during the basement sessions... if I'm not mixing up dates now. So it COULD be possible they recorded it.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 22, 2009 19:28

Bob Dylan #1
Neil Young #2

No disrespect to the boss fans, but he gives me a major headache...I can't stand him.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: May 22, 2009 19:37

Hairball
Bob Dylan #1
Neil Young #2

No disrespect to the boss fans, but he gives me a major headache...I can't stand him.

I'm with you.

However, it's very complicated thing to compare Dylan & Young... they're both so different.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 22, 2009 19:41

they're both so different? i think only one of them is...

Date: May 22, 2009 19:41

Love Dylan.. then a long ways away is Bruce

After years of trying I will just admit I can't stand Neil Young... he has his moments but overall I just can't stand him.

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: May 22, 2009 19:46

Bruce. I never found any real access to Dylan's and Young's music, although I tried a couple of times.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: May 22, 2009 19:50

I love all three...the place and the mood depends, doesn´t it?

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 22, 2009 19:56

1. Dylan
2. Sprinsteen
3. Hit by a car

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 22, 2009 23:17

1. Springsteen
2. Dylan

3. Neil

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: May 22, 2009 23:25

I like Neil when he's rocking and looking forward to seeing him next month. I'm a casual fan of bruce and bob, enjoyed a couple of live shows from each

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 22, 2009 23:40

Neil Young, love his early 70ties albums
Bob Dylan, love a lot of his 60ties stuff actually I only own one LP of him "Blood On Tracks".
Bruce Springsteen, don't ownanything of him only know him from the radio he made some great songs

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2049
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home