Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: OT: GREEN DAY/WAL MART in a Huge Fight !!! (Go Green Day !!!)
Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 24, 2009 12:19

open-g
like I said before, if this kind of attitude catches on - we're in big trouble.
just imagine every retailer comes up with his own rules.....

Now THAT is a really good point that should be considered very carefully.

Date: May 24, 2009 15:53

I think that it is good that Wal Mart doesn't offer certain content to be sold. It is based off of their founders culture. As for their labor practices I think you all need to get the facts. They just paid out millions of bonus dollars to their hourly workers. They are also one of the only companies thriving in this economy.

Posted by: akgameboy ()
Date: May 24, 2009 16:34

cool,calm,collected
I think that it is good that Wal Mart doesn't offer certain content to be sold. It is based off of their founders culture. As for their labor practices I think you all need to get the facts. They just paid out millions of bonus dollars to their hourly workers. They are also one of the only companies thriving in this economy.

Prepare to be attacked by people here because you have an opinion.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 24, 2009 16:46

cool,calm,collected
As for their labor practices I think you all need to get the facts. They just paid out millions of bonus dollars to their hourly workers.

....uh yeah, but only after losing their legal battle against the Dept of Labor.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 24, 2009 21:06

If you just Google Walmart labor abuses, employee complaints, wage and benefit issues, your computer will light up like a Christmas tree, and it will soon after start singing and shaking, and then it will start smoking....and you've only just witnessed the tip of the iceberg.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 24, 2009 21:31

MKjan
If you just Google Walmart labor abuses, employee complaints, wage and benefit issues, your computer will light up like a Christmas tree, and it will soon after start singing and shaking, and then it will start smoking....and you've only just witnessed the tip of the iceberg.

Great point especially concerning employee complaints. To avoid excess traffic, I usually go to Walmart early in the mornings around 5:00. At that time, Walmart employees are very busy restocking shelves (You would not believe how much crap people buy!). I literally have to side step pallets. During my visits to Walmart, it's hard not to notice the strange interactions between floor supervisors and floor personnel. It's sad to see a supervisor berating a general employee when only making only 2 dollars more an hour.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: May 24, 2009 23:24

MKjan

Yeah, and the same for loony JFK asssassination theories, Oj is innocent,
man never walked on the moon, etc....
BTW, can anyone name somebody that has a gun pointed at their head and is being
FORCED to work at a WalMart?
Que the Final Jeopordy! theme.

Date: May 24, 2009 23:39

Don't know who killed JFK (after all it was you and me)
OJ was indeed declared innocent, but I don't believe it.
It appears men did walk on the moon, although I have not been there myself.
Walmart, especially in rural area's, owns their workers, and takes advantage of the
demographics to give hard working people a lousy shot at having a decent living
wage.This is true, and it is shameful.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: May 24, 2009 23:56

MKjan
Walmart, especially in rural area's, owns their workers, and takes advantage of the

OJ was framed was what I wanted to say.
But the theme is still playing. You haven't answered my question.
Who is being forced to work there?
And what's this "owns the workers" nonsense.
AS I said before, I think it's all about a hatred of WalMart than anything else.
You know what the best thing you can do is (I think you already do this anayway)?
Don't shop there! Not such a hard concept is it now.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 25, 2009 00:02

Green Day rocks. Wal Mart sucks. Funny how everybody was up in arms about the Stones remasters not containg the word pussy. But Green Day releases a new album with a few sware words and their a dirty band. What hypocrisy.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: May 25, 2009 01:05

tomk
MKjan

OJ was framed was what I wanted to say.
But the theme is still playing. You haven't answered my question.
Who is being forced to work there?
And what's this "owns the workers" nonsense.
AS I said before, I think it's all about a hatred of WalMart than anything else.
You know what the best thing you can do is (I think you already do this anayway)?
Don't shop there! Not such a hard concept is it now.

tomk, You defined "force" as "a gun pointed at their head" but in the world of corporate greed, it is not demonstrated that blatantly. The officers of Walmart, along with their store planners and their quantitative managerial techniques are well aware that they will own these workers, and that is exactly how they get away with such low wages and benefits, not to mention how workers are treated so badly on the job. This is perhaps where this hatred of Walmart that you mentioned comes from. If things were right, there would be a choice between not working there, or working there for a fair living wage. Have some empathy for these folks, and know that this company has taken a very low moral road, and speaking of morals, they seem to think they're high enough to censor art.

Date: May 25, 2009 01:19

By the way, Wal Mart only has 1.5 million people working for them. If they are so bad why are they such a large employer. Also, if you want to make good money don't be a plan on being a cashier/stocker for life. If you want to make $9 per hour until something else comes along .... you get it.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 25, 2009 01:43

cool,calm,collected
If they are so bad why are they such a large employer.

Because they take advantage of the fact that low income people don't complain.

Date: May 25, 2009 01:57

It's just not that easy for many people, in fact it's very difficult, and empathy needs to be explored here.The HQ officers will rejoice that you too are so dismissive of all these people, and that your thinking supports their unethical behavior. Not calling you unethical, but I think a bit misguided.

You ask,If they are so bad, why are they such a large employer?
Because they did their homework as I previously mentioned.

The employees simply deserve a living wage, and to be treated nicely. Both are entirely doable.

Date: May 25, 2009 03:38

Living wage? People are paid for their qualifications. If you don't like your wage, work harder or explore more education.

Date: May 25, 2009 05:23

For many people that are not fortunate enough to receive a higher education,
their pay is based less on their qualifications and more on what the employers can get away with. These jobs don't require great skills but that shouldn't negate a living wage. Working harder apparently still renders you confined to the preset pay scale. Increases in wages lag far behind cost of living increases, and so many are not being treated fairly. A corporate culture that is so wealthy on the top
can surely do better than this. Especially in light of all the excess that has been recently showcased.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 25, 2009 18:54

I've listened to Green Day's new CD for a couple of days now and I gotta say that it's definitely growing on me.
Fave songs at the moment are Know Your Enemy, 21st Century Breakdown and ¡Viva la Gloria!. Their attitude against WalMart makes me like 'em even more....

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home