Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Keith Richards in attendance last night @ the Knitting Factory.. NYC
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: May 23, 2009 07:23

DaveG
Hey is that the back of Mick Taylor's head in the foreground of the video? Maybe he also wanted to talk to Keith!!

it's john, waddy's guitar tech, a pal i made that night.

here's a few of my pics from that night - i have none of keith as i prefer to experience the moments without a camera between us.... winking smiley

[i47.photobucket.com]
[i47.photobucket.com]
[i47.photobucket.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-23 07:24 by little queenie.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: May 23, 2009 08:19

JumpingKentFlash
Amazing. Jagger and Richards look really old, but they'll come back and still kick everyone's asses to Jupiter. You know it.

They are f-ing old you nutter! What, the aging process skips them ?! Who cares they can still rock!

Posted by: kees ()
Date: May 23, 2009 10:51

2011 Kick ass with JJF Kent? Keith and Ronnie? Wendy Wetchel plays better guiter alone than Keith and Ronnie these days together.
What was the last time JJF kicked ass?
I think 81/82 after that is became worse and worse

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 23, 2009 10:56

kees
What was the last time JJF kicked ass?

Live??? August 26th, 2007.
Ans in the studio version: EVERY DAY!!!!

You guys are nuts.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: May 23, 2009 11:10

Baboon Bro
jlowe
I just hope Mick and Keith never resort to a face lift.
God, that would be awful.
Just check out Sir Tom Jones or Johnny Halliday - uugh.

And when and what did Mr Jones operate?
I met the guy as late as Januari 2008, in a mini golf "course" in Benidorm and he was for certain not lifted by then!!

Then you didn't meet Tom Jones as he has had multiple procedures over the years (and admits it!)

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: May 23, 2009 12:30

Lets give Ronnie a honeymoon break next year with his new girll friend and get Waddy to do his job for at least a couple of Stones shows.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 23, 2009 12:32

jamesjagger
Lets give Ronnie a honeymoon break next year with his new girll friend and get Waddy to do his job for at least a couple of Stones shows.

I rather have Waddy in the studio, thanks...

Posted by: kees ()
Date: May 23, 2009 12:39

Let Waddy play the guitar, unplug these of Keith and Ronnie and have them just pose with their guitars

Date: May 23, 2009 14:31

Nice to hear from the fans..... angry smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: May 23, 2009 14:44

JumpingKentFlash

I'm with you - every thread these days seems to turn into a hate thread. Of course we are allowed to be critical but it is getting beyond ridiculous. thumbs down

Date: May 23, 2009 19:05

mofur
JumpingKentFlash

I'm with you - every thread these days seems to turn into a hate thread. Of course we are allowed to be critical but it is getting beyond ridiculous. thumbs down

It's been beyind ridiculous since the Licks Tour.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 23, 2009 19:52

kees
Let Waddy play the guitar, unplug these of Keith and Ronnie and have them just pose with their guitars

pretty much all they do anyway since 89

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: May 23, 2009 20:01

no not since ´89, but since keith richards is too obvious unable to play.
i can understand they keep on touring because of the money, but that´s all it´s good for.

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: May 23, 2009 20:05

stoneswashed77
i can understand they keep on touring because of the money, but that´s all it´s good for.

what i dont understand is the reason why you all are still on this board, since 89grinning smiley

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 23, 2009 20:10

Looks healthy.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: May 23, 2009 20:13

farawayeyes2
stoneswashed77

what i dont understand is the reason why you all are still on this board, since 89grinning smiley

read again

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: May 23, 2009 20:18

i read well actually i was not speaking specifically to you, i wrote "you all"

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 23, 2009 20:30

Thanks everybody for the pics and videos.
I won't leave any comment about Keith looking old or not.I just miss him and the band as well.I miss the band on stage.But you know,things aren't going to get better .Wait and see.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: May 23, 2009 20:39

Think for yourselves...if you can. And I believe you can. Don´t follow the leaders. Don´t pretend that everything´s ok, if it isn´t.

Date: May 23, 2009 20:42

After watching the picture of Keith walking out the venue, I am frightened of the time passing by, waiting for no one.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 23, 2009 21:14

phd
Looks healthy.
as opposed to what a corpse?

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 23, 2009 21:36

They aren't old. They are just nearly 70-

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 23, 2009 22:17

little queenie
Beast
Cool, LQ!! Link to youtube video of Keith's arrival at the Knitting Factory. Nice that he stops to sign quite a few autographs. And Patti looks great.

i can see myself a bit in the clip but it cuts off before keith is kissed on the cheek then the mouth by a fan!

i thought the blonde in the lower left was u looking unhappy cuz u had not yet caught up to keith, but it doesnt look like u and besides, u would never look so whiney! unless, of course, u missed him which u did not

pl

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-23 22:26 by timbernardis.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 23, 2009 22:20

dead.flowers
Baboon Bro
Btw speakin' of Jagger´s hair it has been posted piocs where itys visibly grey.
I can probably dig'em up.. But I aint got the time right now.

We're all amateur doctors here.

I'm sure he will show the world once more he can do magics and wonders.

Seems you're right

what year was each pic taken?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-23 22:24 by timbernardis.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 23, 2009 22:21

Queenie is left/behind that angry blonde smiling smiley Looking much more classy!

Date: May 23, 2009 22:36

I didn’t join the phalanx outside, but perhaps I should have. I chatted briefly w/ Alex and Theo (had my photo taken with them.) I asked Theo if her dad was planning on coming out with a new album anytime soon. She responded, “I hope so!” She sounded very genuine, but that could be just her standard answer to these types of questions. From what I could tell the two seem more musically inclined than his older two kids. They are really pretty -better looking in person- and I overheard these young blokes talkin'… All I can say is Patti has her work cut out for her!

At one point I wanted to go to the restroom and was told I could not walk past the rope as a VIP was about to enter the room. Just then a man wearing a hat strolled past who possessed an aura of voodoo, ghostly coolness. It turned out to be Keith. I don’t know if it is the funky lighting in the Knitting Factory, but my impression of him is that he looked ashen. But if he’s in good health – that’s what matters. Of course it would have been nice to have an official meet+greet or for him to take the stage… Bernard and band were great, but the set was so short (compared to when I’ve seen them before.) I was later told that the club has to comply with strict noise regs and is about to move to a new addr. Fans started chanting Keith!Keith!Keith! at the finale. I was thinking how grueling performing at that level could be and wondered if he didn’t take the stage due to the physicality of performing with these younger chaps. I could be very wrong though. He could have some surprises up his sleeve for us. I hope so!

It was nice to speak with Albert Maysles and hear his thoughts re his films and future projects. A special thanks to Fan Asylum for coordinating a cool event.

[I hadn’t been to NYC in eeeons and had been planning a trip for awhile; had a fun time touring around… visited Poster Auctions International in Chelsea, which has one orig RS poster (airplane image/tour ‘72) for sale. I spent a good amount of time in Soho-Lower East Side, checking out eclectic shops & galleries]

Anyway, back to the gig… I got the impression there were fans present that’d travelled from other continents just to attend in hopes of seeing/meeting Keith.
I believe I heard someone say Bill German was there?

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 23, 2009 22:56

timbernardis
little queenie
Beast
Cool, LQ!! Link to youtube video of Keith's arrival at the Knitting Factory. Nice that he stops to sign quite a few autographs. And Patti looks great.

i can see myself a bit in the clip but it cuts off before keith is kissed on the cheek then the mouth by a fan!

i thought the blonde in the lower left was u looking unhappy cuz u had not yet caught up to keith, but it doesnt look like u and besides, u would never look so whiney! unless, of course, u missed him which u did not

pl

Oh my god? Keith looks really old, can he even walk by himself?

Date: May 23, 2009 22:57

Lorenz
Queenie is left/behind that angry blonde smiling smiley Looking much more classy!

thanks lorenz! i was biding my time and trying to get around the crowd and kept moving to the top of the mess so eventually he'd pass me without people between us. we had our moment, which was then ruined by some guy jumping in front of me after all...

great pics from the wanton witch - thanks!! nice to see the perspective from upstairs.

and plexi, sorry i didn't reply earlier - i honestly don't know if the maysles thing was the "part II" gathering mentioned before. i didn't do the VIP thing but maybe the wanton witch knows?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 23, 2009 23:09

Keith looks quite worn out - can't imagine him playing unstage again.

Even how much we dream, I think we have seen the Stones performing the last time onstage - that was O2 in 2007.

Date: May 24, 2009 09:07

i gotta say, theo really looks like her dad with that cig in her mouth. classic.

wanton witch wondered if people had traveled from other continents for the show. i was with a couple of guys from argentina. there were several other argentinians as well. bernard has a pretty good fan base down there - he'll be playing down there next month, in fact.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1799
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home