Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith story question?
Posted by: leahfoxx ()
Date: May 18, 2009 21:10

Does anyone have details of a story about Keith throwing a knife at the floor in front of the feet of a record executive? When or if this actually happened?

Re: Keith story question?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 18, 2009 21:12

I do know he likes John Wayne.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 18, 2009 21:14

Does Allen Klein count as a Record Executive?!

Date: May 18, 2009 21:17

Lol! I think this was supposed to have happened much later, but if there's a good story there please tell it...

Date: May 18, 2009 21:44

another clue...this story was supposed to have been recounted by someone on a 5 disc DVD set called "The Rolling Stones Just For The record"...does anyone have this and know of the story's details?

Posted by: Muppet HiFi ()
Date: May 19, 2009 03:51

Keith has a bit of a fetish for violence, particularily involving knives.

He also has a prediliction for male cow feces.

Indusrial sized cartons of salt are indicated for beleiving his stories!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 19, 2009 04:03

I distinctly remember hearing about a near-disaster when a jumbotron screen came crashing down on the stage just after a rehearsal. Several people came close to being hurt, or worse.

Keith, supposedly, went to the tour managers office and sank his knife into his desk as a warning not to let that happen again.

Posted by: silverstones69 ()
Date: May 19, 2009 04:30

Yeah Leah,

It is spoken about on the "Just For The Record" DVD set.

A interview with a sound engineer who worked on Dirty Work, [can't place his name as I have not watched this DVD for a year or so], says that while they were recording Steel Wheels in Barbados [or wherever], there were these 2 engineers talking about Mixed Emotions & how the Stones should change this & fix that etc etc.

Keith apparently got his knife & threw it between the feet of one guy & said "nobody tells the Stones how to record music, f#$% off sonny..." and that was apparently the last anyone saw of these 2 guys in regards to working with the Stones again.

That's what I remember from the DVD, so would need to check it again for more accuracy.

This is a story told from an outsider as to what he heard or saw of this incident, so I am not sure how accurate it is.

The guy seems pretty genuine on the JFTR DVD though.

I always got a chuckle out of this when watching this DVD. I can imagine Keith doing something like this well & truly.

Reminds me of another story I heard about Ronnie & Slash in the studio working on a Stones song until Keith walked in, and they were quickly reduced to mere couch potatoes when Keith realised what they were doing to one of his songs. Apparently what was said & the look they got, was enough to reduce them to silent little school boys sitting on the couch. How true??? Not really sure, but another similar story to the above one that always gets a laugh from me.

Date: May 19, 2009 05:29

Ya know what I'd do if Keef pulled a knife on me?

Take it away.

Date: May 19, 2009 05:31

Oh, and then sell it on E-Bay.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1450
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home