Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Video Rewind
Posted by: leahfoxx ()
Date: May 18, 2009 16:01

I came across this and watched it recently and thought the way the videos were introduced was very clever and funny...being a newbie I wonder if anyone here can tell me how the idea for this came about? Why just Mick & Bill? They were both very good and some of the dialog was hilarious...quite an odd little video all in all...in an endearing sort of way I mean...Cheers,Leah

Re: Video Rewind
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 18, 2009 16:25

I think it because it was Bill's baby--His idea.....The stones historian....anyway its great and i hope they rerelease it soon..My vhs tape is getting old..ha...
MY 2 all time favs videos are JJF & IORR....bEST EVER...

Date: May 18, 2009 16:34

Yes it would be nice to see a better quality print(if that's possible) of this on DVD. The video tape although an original of the official release isn't so clear at times-especially some parts of the She Was Hot video...

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 18, 2009 16:38

Unfortunately this will probably never be put on DVD or Blu-ray. The good thing about that? The entire videos are not presented. But the rest of it is hilarious.

Date: May 18, 2009 16:43

That is a shame...I know the videos can be seen elsewhere but the presentation is unique and very funny...

Date: May 18, 2009 16:49

Just one more example of how the Stones, ha ha, have lost touch with their fans. And one more example of how they just don't care - even though it would probably sell quite well - especially if they updated the damn thing.

Ahhhhhh but why look back and get all nostalgic like, I dunno, the past good few years of set lists? No point in looking back, right? It's current - now, working, forward thinking...

They should put it out again. Updated. DVD and Blu-ray. Have the original portion as it is and then just tag on the rest of the videos.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: May 18, 2009 19:05

The funny thing is Bill Wyman was "Googling" long before there was GOOGLE!

PECMAN

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: May 18, 2009 19:56

Are the videos here linked together with comedy skits or interviews? Never seen it and always been curious. Are they on Youtube?

Date: May 18, 2009 20:20

Cool bit of acting....It starts out as Bill Wyman SNEAKING IN as a night guard in a Museum and he goes to a ROLLING STONES ROOM....He's looking around and see's MICK JAGGER under glass..A glass box......Jagger wakes up seeING Bill..

Bill gives him some food....They then talk about old times....Then you get to see some cool videos....

Jagger and Bill talk alot about different times and then you see a video of the times they talk about....ie...Remember when kind of thing!

The movie ends as the guards at the museum catch BILL going through the STONES Stuff and take him away........
Its only rock and roll but you got to love it!

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: May 18, 2009 20:45

Video Rewind was released on LaserDisc, too.
I hope, my player is still working, i'll see tonight ... ;-)

Date: May 18, 2009 20:49

I don't know if there are bits on youtube. There very well could be.

Date: May 18, 2009 20:54

One funny part was when Mick and Bill go to Keith's glass box and all thats in it is keith's sun glasses....mICK says he must have gone to go get another bottle....They both laugh and THEY TALK ABOUT SHARING A ROOM with Keith....It then goes to keith dropping a tv from his hotel room...1972..
Funny...

Posted by: King Bee ()
Date: May 18, 2009 21:02

This DVD release has the video in full.

[bootcoverz.com]

Date: May 18, 2009 21:12

Hi King Bee...This is a DVDR transferred from the original VHS tape correct?

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 19, 2009 01:33

The best bit is the interview with the band and in a rare moment Charlie talks about his hobbies of horses and dog. Goes on to mention his "love of the dogs...". Keith's response in the back to anyone listening is"we have all had a few dogs...". Cracking everyone up completely

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 19, 2009 03:18

love this video still have the vhs, this release is what made me start to search out the complete teasers they have on this tape such as CS BLUES AND L&G

Posted by: TERRY H ()
Date: May 19, 2009 04:28

King Bee, where did you get a DVD?

Posted by: TERRY H ()
Date: May 19, 2009 04:36

Me, too, Highwire! the LaserDisc version is so much clearer than the VHS, which was pitiful. The portions in the museum hallways are still a bit murky, though.

One of my favorite funny bits is when Bill steals Paul McCartney's MBE: "They never gave us any of those, did they, Mick? Well, I'll have mine anyway!"

I don't know. Can you get Too Much Blood and Undercover elsewhere? Angie, I'm sure of.

I'd like to have the Ain't Too Proud to Beg video with Mick's pink satin suit and platforms. And there's just a teaser for Hey, Negrita" on Rewind.

Posted by: silverstones69 ()
Date: May 19, 2009 04:55

This is a brilliant video. Really well done & funny.

Quite unique for its time in my opinion, in terms of video compilations around 1984, but I guess there was no other band that had enough video clips at this early time, to be able to put together a body of video clips so early on in the film clip era. There were probably other bands, but I didn't really recall any doing it until a bit later on.

It had a great little TV add campaign promoting it at the time, and this ended up selling massively world wide, I think due to the fact that it was the Stones, and it was a new type of concept in terms of listening to music.

Yes, the 80's got flooded with thousands & thousands of music videos, and soon, this type of thing was the norm, but I can remember there not being too many videos of this nature [video clips & interviews & skits etc] around when it came out.

Local record stores had it as #1 video for months in my area when it came out. Many people bought it & would talk about it.

One of the very first reasons I got into the Stones at a very young age along with the mighty UNDERCOVER album. Thankyou Stones for these 2 classic 80's masterpieces.

I recently had mine converted to DVD & am happy I have it now on DVD, without the risk of the old VHS tape packing it in & screwing itself up.

Mick & Bill are great on it, plus TOO MUCH BLOOD, SHE WAS HOT & UNDERCOVER which were all controversial at the time & not shown until very late on regular TV music shows.

The Stones were tough & scary & still leading the way. Lightyears ahead of the rest of the crap that was out there at the time.

This got me hooked, and I am very thankful for it & to the Stones.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 19, 2009 08:24

Amazon UK have the VHS tape available secondhand (and cheap) from various sellers. Having successfully converted my 25x5 to DVD I'm going to get one and have a go with Rewind.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 19, 2009 08:54

Use ta have Rewind nights about 3 times a week when it first appeared ...
Half the neibourhood use to come over .... Everyone knew Every word and every line just like those Blues Brother freaks.... Great Stuff

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Muppet HiFi ()
Date: May 19, 2009 09:26

so Rockman- you live in Darwin or somewhere? or maybe just Perth? hahahaha!

Date: May 19, 2009 10:00

Hey man I live in the art & cultured part of da island - Victoria

ROCKMAN

Date: May 19, 2009 10:14

aah, Melbourne!

unless yer a poofter than it's Sydney fa sure! (jus kidding mate!)

so who you barrack for? Pies? ya not Collingswood scum are ye?

Date: May 19, 2009 10:23

I barrack for the underdogs of the world...

Football ... wouldn't even know which end of the ball ta kick

ROCKMAN

Date: May 19, 2009 11:15

no footy? ripper dipper!

so it's cricket then? a fine pommie sport, that!

seriously tho, how ya think ol Pete Garrett is doing as Enviro Minister these days?

ya think he's lost some a his convictions? some say he has, I say he's jus learned to play ball in the nasty world of Politics (with a capitol 'P').

maybe you didn't dig the Oils tho, bein a hard core Omerican blues dude as you are....

Date: May 19, 2009 12:06

No No ... Wouldn't allow an Oil's record inta me home....

ROCKMAN

Date: May 19, 2009 12:19

ah, more's the pity.

some fine work they did, really put Assy on the musical map i reckon....

well anyway, i reckon johnny howard's a right cvnt, an oughta be keepin his mouth shut right about now. but never mind that...

well have a decent arvo mate, catch ya on some other fread!

Posted by: kleenex ()
Date: May 19, 2009 14:56

but what about died pretty????

Posted by: King Bee ()
Date: May 19, 2009 21:01

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1844
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home