Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Dancing With Mr. D question
Posted by: socialdistortion ()
Date: May 18, 2009 23:35

looking back it was a great change

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 19, 2009 03:34

If someone else doesn't I will - a thread on opening LP tracks - good or bad. Opinion, of course, will vary.

By era? Record label? HA HA....that's a good one there. Pre-Post this or that tour?

Those UK/US albums are a bit strange. How 'bout from 1967 to 2005? At least that's consistent.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 19, 2009 04:09

quite a weak album opener considering the string of opening songs on albums before it, sypmathy, gimmie shelter, brown sugar and rocks off.

Posted by: TERRY H ()
Date: May 19, 2009 04:10

I love this song! It's a great opener and genuinely creepy. Mick has a great time. I still have to play it every Halloween.
It does sound a little satanic and does have a "fire and brimstone" lyric (love the way Mick delivers that line, too), but is mostly about death itself.
God knows Keith, for one, has danced with Mr. D. often enough.

As far as the album itself, some of the songs are a little lame, but most of them are very good. It suffers greatly from poor production. (Aftermath still takes the cake, though).

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: May 19, 2009 08:07

Probably one of the weakest songs on the weakest Stones album IMO. Honestly, even Satanic Majesty's has more tracks with punch.

GHS has its good bits, but overall they sound bored. When it came out it meant the end of an incredible run of astounding albums. I think that initial impression has stayed with me.

Date: May 19, 2009 08:16

I THINK it sounds fab if yer on herium!

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 19, 2009 11:10

Lyric wise it's about as scarey as F..F..F..Freddy Krueger
But at times those guitars sound like ah bone-grinder at work on a lonely back water cove...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: StonesFanatic ()
Date: May 19, 2009 13:28

Rockman
Lyric wise it's about as scarey as F..F..F..Freddy Krueger
But at times those guitars sound like ah bone-grinder at work on a lonely back water cove...

I agree, I've never found anything creepy or scary-sounding about it...brooding and moody, sure, but that's it.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1257
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home