Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Previously unseen Altamont
Posted by: gerrox ()
Date: May 15, 2009 15:28

can't see thread up on this one. some unearthed footage of altamont. Gives a real feel for the occasion.

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Re: Previously unseen Altamont
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 15, 2009 15:53

Great video ,real feel as you said .
I am going to listen to it carefully .

Naturally there was a great deal of controversy after the event regarding the role of the film crew. How much of this chaos came from them doing this whole event as a climax for their movie? The correct answer there seems to be NONE. Watching the whole movie of the tour up to and including the Altamont concert, there's no sign of anything being particularly staged for the camera crews. They had no special access to the Stones personally at any time in the tour, and no sign that I could see of getting any accommodation at all.

[www.morethings.com]

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 15, 2009 15:53

Thanks. Nice Post

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 15, 2009 15:55

Wow!

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 15, 2009 16:19

Thanks gerrox.
(Did I hear it right ? Didn´t he mention two times "the Jefferson Aeroplane " ? )

Date: May 15, 2009 16:35

shortfatfanny
Thanks gerrox.
(Did I hear it right ? Didn´t he mention two times "the Jefferson Aeroplane " ? )

Well ,even if I am not an english woman ,I heard the same as you : Jefferson Aeroplane ...eye popping smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 15, 2009 16:39

Thanks Sway,glad that I´m not the only one - even if I´m not an english woman as well...

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: May 15, 2009 16:47

very interesting - I've been here a few time to photograph the site - what he heck is that dome thing at 1:02? never saw that

strange seeing neil young there playing

and what look to be the maysle cameras

Posted by: Bobby Keys ()
Date: May 15, 2009 16:54

Nice Job finding that bit of film . thanks

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: May 15, 2009 17:15

Nice video, thanks for posting. I could have done without the pathetic commentary though...

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: May 15, 2009 17:17

Tornandfrayed
Nice video, thanks for posting. I could have done without the pathetic commentary though...

Thanks for posting. I could have done without the pathetic commentary though!

Posted by: gerrox ()
Date: May 15, 2009 17:34

All too tantalisingly short though. Makes you wonder how much more footage has this guy got? enough for an extra on future issues of the DVD/bluray? Will be reading the Observer this Sun when his spiel gets printed.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: May 15, 2009 17:46

excellent - great find and thanks

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 15, 2009 17:49

Weren't there some other casualties over the years at their shows? Or am I wrong in seeming to remember that? Did the girl at Fenway die?

Posted by: RITA ()
Date: May 15, 2009 18:07

gerrox
can't see thread up on this one. some unearthed footage of altamont. Gives a real feel for the occasion.

[www.guardian.co.uk]

hi Gerrox, do you remember Slane Castle? I'm your Italian friend grinning smiley
great post, thanks. Ciao !

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 15, 2009 19:28

Very nice find!
I liked the commentary. What the @#$%& is up with all the spontaneous negativity here lately? (Same in the Marianne Faithfull thread ... I'm glad they talk about so much ... they could quit giving interviews if the wanted.)

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: May 15, 2009 19:42

Fantastic.

Is this Melvin Belli in the background 1'36" to 1'44"?

Big man, White curled hair and glasses.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: May 15, 2009 19:42

"There were stories about a gun." WTF Maybe he should check out Gimme Shelter. Nice footage, but he is an idiot.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: May 15, 2009 20:30

LieB
Very nice find!
I liked the commentary. What the @#$%& is up with all the spontaneous negativity here lately?

He keeps telling these stupid Altamont myths of which we all know they´re not true:
- Mick hired the Angels in order to look cool & tough
- The band intentionally waited until it was dark and thus encouraged the violence
- Mick made the crew turn down the lights so he could do his satanic routine and play the devil

At least he didn´t quote David Crosby´s idiotic comment who blamed the Stones´ "violent music" for what happened.

Sorry about the rant guys but these stories annoy me everytime winking smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 15, 2009 20:37

Tornandfrayed
LieB
Very nice find!
I liked the commentary. What the @#$%& is up with all the spontaneous negativity here lately?

He keeps telling these stupid Altamont myths of which we all know they´re not true:
- The band intentionally waited until it was dark and thus encouraged the violence
- Mick made the crew turn down the lights so he could do his satanic routine and play the devil

At least he didn´t quote David Crosby´s idiotic comment who blamed the Stones´ "violent music" for what happened.

I agree. Why didn't he just stick with his own personal experience?

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: May 15, 2009 20:57

He did - He got scared and ran away!

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 15, 2009 21:00

Tornandfrayed
LieB
Very nice find!

Ok, you have a point there. I didn't believe the talk about the "satanic" Jagger too much either, but I still thought it was interesting, and he came across as sincere but ill-informed rather than sensasionalist.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 15, 2009 22:33

First, Someone Please Copy This Onto DVD before it gets removed by someone!!!

Who: Urban Steel, Theif in the Night, open-g, Stretton Bull?? Anyone?

Second, yes, I thought that was maybe Mel Belli when I watched it before reading any posts about it, but could use a freeze and zoom to confirm -- was he there??

ANd these are only excerpts, he must have more. But watch Klein or some other idiot stop the release or posting of much more, or even kill what is up now.

plexi

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-16 06:35 by timbernardis.

Date: May 15, 2009 22:42

I downloaded it with Real Player , I can put it on a DVD , but I don't know where is the link to Giga ???

Posted by: mccparty ()
Date: May 15, 2009 22:56

Yes, that IS Melvin Belli! I can't believe he was actually at the show.

He probably thought he could get some more free publicity out of the movie!

Best description I've heard of Altamont is from Jerry Garcia - I'll see if I can find it and post it.

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: May 15, 2009 23:38

Shawn20
"There were stories about a gun." WTF Maybe he should check out Gimme Shelter. Nice footage, but he is an idiot.
I thought the very same thing - nice footage but to say about there being a gun and not being sure if that was true or not. I mean, COME ON!!!!!

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Re: Previously seen Gimme Shelter
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 15, 2009 23:48

nothing new, except for Eamonn McCabe, but...
Watch the full (1:31 min) Gimme Shelter here:

[topdocumentaryfilms.com]

anyone wants to send him this link?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-15 23:51 by open-g.

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: May 16, 2009 03:06

LieB
Tornandfrayed
LieB
Very nice find!

Ok, you have a point there. I didn't believe the talk about the "satanic" Jagger too much either, but I still thought it was interesting, and he came across as sincere but ill-informed rather than sensasionalist.

I agree, i enjoyed it, some of the commentary was obviously misinfromed, BUT it seemed like it was done from the point of view of a 70's kid, i mean looking at it with our 2009 glasses makes us laugh;

remember the old days? when we used to stare at album covers for hours and listen to rock music and tell stories about how our rock stars were into the devil, etc., man those days are long gone but they were fun and mysterious . . .

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: May 16, 2009 18:07

Belli was always at the show - he's clearly visible on the GS movie....

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 17, 2009 02:22

SwayStones
I downloaded it with Real Player , I can put it on a DVD , but I don't know where is the link to Giga ???

Sway - has anyone helped u with this?? If not, I will see who can help as I know a lot of people who know all this kinda stuff, tho I really don't.

plex

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2009
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home