Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: You guys want a rumour ? Exile + DVD + Announcement World Tour in October
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 9, 2009 18:27

JumpingKentFlash
No matter what they'll come up with, it will always be seen as a wasted opportunity for people on here....

That's because there has hardly ever been any not-wasted opportunities coming from Rolling Stones, when it comes to retrospective releases. Only exceptions are things like the "Gimme Shelter" DVD - and "Rock'n Roll Circus" - which Rolling Stones/Cohl didn't have control over.
...and by the way; I would NOT consider a L&G DVD a waster opportunity....even though I have it in perfect quality allready....because it deserves an official release - for everybody to see/hear

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 9, 2009 18:35

Erik_Snow
JumpingKentFlash
No matter what they'll come up with, it will always be seen as a wasted opportunity for people on here....

That's because there has hardly ever been any not-wasted opportunities coming from Rolling Stones, when it comes to retrospective releases. Only exceptions are things like the "Gimme Shelter" DVD - and "Rock'n Roll Circus" - which Rolling Stones/Cohl didn't have control over.
...and by the way; I would NOT consider a L&G DVD a waster opportunity....even though I have it in perfect quality allready....because it deserves an official release - for everybody to see/hear

I'd like to see your "perfect copy" of L&G. I sure haven't seen one and I have it on three different boot labels. The picture is not good on any of them, and the sound could be better.

Screw the retrospective releases for now. Let's have a new album instead. And a new tour. That's what I wanna see.

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-09 18:37 by JumpingKentFlash.

Date: May 9, 2009 18:42

JumpingKentFlash
I'd like to see your "perfect copy" of L&G. I sure haven't seen one and I have it on three different boot labels. The picture is not good on any of them, and the sound could be better.

Screw the retrospective releases for now. Let's have a new album instead. And a new tour. That's what I wanna see.

"Perfect"....well it's 9,7 out of 10 - I'd say. "Genuine Masters" DVD is probably the best of them. "Old Bastards" and the new "4reel" version are OK.

"Screw the retrospective releases"..? Well Rolling Stones are a retrospective band...without the proper retrospective releases to suit them.
I'd say screw all the recent CD singles, Shine-A-Light-Collectors-Boxes, new pressings of old material and rs.com-t-shirts
If they want to release a brand new album....bring it on - but most stuff coming from the rs-camp is just waster opportunities....like "Rarities" etc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-09 19:02 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: May 9, 2009 18:55

I'll see it when I believe it. I've been hornswaggled too many times before.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 9, 2009 19:10

will the guitar techs overdubb this dvd also?

Posted by: django ()
Date: May 9, 2009 19:35

JumpingKentFlash
Erik_Snow
JumpingKentFlash

I do not know what the source for VGP's YOU CAN'T DO THAT BABY 2CD was but it sounds professionally remastered and it is one of best sounding 72 SBD recordings. Nearly perfect quality. I suppose this was done by the Stones themselves for an official release of the film.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 9, 2009 19:52

I agree with Erik. Of course we will always find issues with the issues (haha). But the amount of wasted opportunities from the Stones camp are still staggering. L&G and similar stuff (the '69 Maysels material, any '70 live stuff, '72 and '73 live recordings, '78 live...) just beg for public attention.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: May 9, 2009 20:01

Erik_Snow
A new tour announcement at the same time as an Exile-release....sounds unlikely
However, a DVD release together with Exile.....yeah that could be. 10 bucks on the DVD being Ladies & Gentlemen....if there's a DVD. What else could it be...Montreux Rehearsals + "the making of Exile"....? That would be a wasted opportunity

I bet it's a ten minute documentary about the making of Exile. Ronnie and Lisa will talk about how the album was made.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: May 9, 2009 22:03

Bring it on.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: May 9, 2009 22:12

I would like to see a new tour, with a new album
if theres anything truth in this rumour, mabe they
will do an exile tour, based around the album, well mabe not.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 9, 2009 22:15

Wow people are just waiting to pounce on anything. I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to ragging on the Stones. But,I don't know. I kind of like this rumour. They might as well touch up the old material. I'm not holding my breath waiting for new material. Dare to dream,but maybe if they tour behind a remasterd Exile,they might do something bold like play the whole thing in concert. Yes I know this is not their usual M.O. But even Michael Cohl has to be smart enough to realize that the same old shit isn't going to sell tickets anymore.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: May 9, 2009 22:36

Now I'm dreaming...

sweetcharmedlife
Dare to dream,but maybe if they tour behind a remasterd Exile,they might do something bold like play the whole thing in concert. .

Posted by: Muppet HiFi ()
Date: May 10, 2009 01:12

are we there yet?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 10, 2009 01:19

sweetcharmedlife
Wow people are just waiting to pounce on anything. I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to ragging on the Stones. But,I don't know. I kind of like this rumour. They might as well touch up the old material. I'm not holding my breath waiting for new material. Dare to dream,but maybe if they tour behind a remasterd Exile,they might do something bold like play the whole thing in concert. Yes I know this is not their usual M.O. But even Michael Cohl has to be smart enough to realize that the same old shit isn't going to sell tickets anymore.

Ronnie suggested they might play entire albums at the 'theatre' shows on the Licks tour, and we all know how that turned out.

There's not a chance in hell of them doing that, and especially not 'Exile'. Mick doesnt like the album that much and knows that HIS target audience (and we all know who THEY are) dont have the interest or attention span to sit through more than 2 or 3 songs in a row that they don't know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-10 01:21 by Gazza.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 10, 2009 01:26

Erik_Snow
What else could it be...Montreux Rehearsals + "the making of Exile"....? That would be a wasted opportunity

Never put it past the record company to waste an opportunity.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 10, 2009 01:56

I would love to see an OFFICIAL release of L&G because unless you can source the original film stock you wont get a better version than 4REELS source(I cant divulge how I know this but I assure you its the truth)

Date: May 10, 2009 02:38

the dvd will more than likely be L&G, what else could it be, and you cant blame the stones for releasing it, its not the stones problem that we all have it on boot already, unless they will shock us with a complete 72 pro shot other than the L&G FILM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-10 02:42 by melillo.

Date: May 10, 2009 04:14

Yeah,like maybe the concert footage that was shot for CS Blues(that is if the whole show was filmed!)

Date: May 10, 2009 04:21

that would be amazing!!!!!!!!

Date: May 10, 2009 04:28

scottkeef
Yeah,like maybe the concert footage that was shot for CS Blues(that is if the whole show was filmed!)

Which show do you mean, Scott - there's excerpts of a lot of shows in CS Blues....and some of them even have overdubbed sound from other shows (like "All Down The Line" )....
I doubt there's anymore out of interest to find in the CS Blues "outtakes"...apart from kinky moments backstage. On the other hand....the guys who filmed "Ladies & Gentlemen" obviously have tapes (or HAD tapes) of the complete 4 shows in Texas......the 2 Houston shows would be even more cooking than the official product; I'd think....as they got a new fever-high temperature in Houston....compared to Fort Worth (I bet the people attending the Fort Worth gigs weren't complaining though!)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-10 04:34 by Erik_Snow.

Date: May 10, 2009 05:49

Hi, Erik! Well, I was hoping SOMEONE (!!) had the live footage that didnt get used
in the CS Blues movie, regardless of where it was shot. But you're right-if someone kept the footage of ALL four Texas 72 shows, Wouldnt THAT be a helluva
dvd set!!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 10, 2009 12:12

RE CS Blues : Robert Frank was so burnt on coke when he filmed the 72 tour that he sometimes forgot to put film in his camera...

So I suspect we won't see any more footage. It's been either destroyed around 74 or left somewhere in a NJ warehouse under less tah ideal conditions.
Or Jagger got all the raw footage back and he WON'T let anyone have it.
He's already prevented Frank from giving CSBlues a proper offcial DVD release by the photobook publisher Steidl
[www.steidlville.com]

there's a gap between 1971 and 1975 right? winking smiley

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 10, 2009 12:52

Gazza
Extremely silly.

So this is a rumour about a rumour?

Can't imagine the Stones using the reissue of a 37 year old album as a springboard to announce a tour!

These days, that might be all they've got.

Posted by: Hansel ()
Date: May 10, 2009 12:57

Album?Would prefer a newie,start writing Mick'n'Keith

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 10, 2009 16:52

terry
I would like to see a new tour, with a new album
if theres anything truth in this rumour, mabe they
will do an exile tour, based around the album, well mabe not.

I saw a show in Japan during the licks tour (I think it was Yokohama Arena), where they played quite a bit of Exile, and it was great. I would love to see them play it from start to finish. I'd also love to win the lottery.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 10, 2009 16:52

Mick did say in a recent interview that he'd love to release CS Blues. So maybe he isn't totally adverse to it.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: May 10, 2009 17:24

A tour behind a 37 year old album would offically make the Stones a nostalgia act.

Date: May 10, 2009 17:42

screw the tour and open the vaults IMO

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 10, 2009 17:57

melillo
screw the tour and open the vaults IMO

Vice versa for me.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: May 10, 2009 18:07

TRUST ME I WOULD LIKE BOTH BUT IAM JUST SAYING IF I HAD TO CHOOSE

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1578
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home