Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT:Johnny Hallyday farewell Tour
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 9, 2009 20:22

Q: What/how do you call a person who speaks many languages?
A: Multilingual.

Q: What /how do you call a person who speaks two languages?
A: Bilingual.

Q: What/how do you call someone who speaks one language?
A: French .( It works also with American )

Muppet HiFi

why won't French people make much of an effort to speak to non-French speakers, even when the non-French speakers are attempting to speak French as well as they can, and are even trying to be friendly and even a bit humble?

Because I love so much the cadence, emphasis, rhythm, tonality of the american & english langage ;that's why ,and I am serious.
Wanna talk with me in French ? You are welcome .smiling bouncing smiley
Whenever you want .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 9, 2009 20:41

Je ne suis pas Francais, but ever since a child (I am 53) I admire Johnny Hallyday. "Que je t'aime" is just a beautiful song, especially live. I have the DVD from his Parc des Princes 2003 show. Oh man, just the opening of the show, the way he comes down to the stage, like being Jesus Christ himself, is unbelievable. I am sure that Mick Jagger still feels bad for not coming up with an opening like that.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 9, 2009 21:17

Shezeboss
40 songs for his last show...2h45mn (yesterday the May 8)
no play back. Do you think Mick use play back when Bernard sings...
I think Hallyday is so much better than Bruce Springsteen.

Proof if ever it was needed that you're an idiot.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 9, 2009 21:58

Big Al

Like our Cliff is uniquely British phenomenon, Johnny Halyday obviously does it for the Frenchies – if no one else! winking smiley

Yeah, every nation has its 'blind spots' - no one else understands. Add Garth Brooks to the list and you will have the new world included as well.

- Doxa

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 9, 2009 22:05

A Johnny Hallyday farewell tour is WAAAAAAAY overdue.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 9, 2009 22:17

Doxa
Big Al

Like our Cliff is uniquely British phenomenon, Johnny Halyday obviously does it for the Frenchies – if no one else! winking smiley

Yeah, every nation has its 'blind spots' - no one else understands. Add Garth Brooks to the list and you will have the new world included as well.

- Doxa

Fully Agree

@Rolling Hansie

Je ne suis pas Francais, but ever since a child (I am 53) I admire Johnny Hallyday. "Que je t'aime" is just a beautiful song...Oh man, just the opening of the show, the way he comes down to the stage, like being Jesus Christ himself, is unbelievable.

You're right , but Johnny is not Jesus, he has just the initial of Jesus!
"Que je t'aime" is (in french in the text) une grosse merde que l'on nous passe depuis 30 ans à la radio!(I translate, is a big s..t that french radio use and use and use like "Yesterday", or "Satisfaction")
But by far, it's not the same songs!!!

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-09 22:19 by Honestman.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 9, 2009 22:41

Honestman
Fully Agree

(I translate, is a big s..t that french radio use and use and use like "Yesterday", or "Satisfaction")
But by far, it's not the same songs!!!

HMN

Have you been already to a JH concert ?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 9, 2009 22:46

"Johnny Hallyday is a joke"

He's a cheap bastard as well. He's hardly able to keep the same backing musicians from one tour to the other. The new tour starts and you see a "fresh" pair of faceless hired guns on drums and bass.

He HAD one great drummer in 1998 (Abe Laboriel Jr) [www.drummerworld.com]
and I tell you the man was pumping life into a usually lifeless show. With HIM the music took off.

If Halliday had been smart he would have called the cat back for the new tour at ANY price. No, he instead put on the stool an unknown boring Italian skin-beater, who without a doubt was much cheaper.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-09 22:49 by dcba.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 9, 2009 23:20

SwayStones

Have you been already to a JH concert ?

Yes, in 1997 in my hometown !
My first wife liked it and i followed her for two reasons!
First, because it was my wife
Second, because i want to judge by myself what a Johnny concert worth!

I have to tell you , that the public of Johnny is not my cup of tea
and the show was a bad remake of better shows from other Bands!

So, i confirm that guy is really overated in FRANCE !
Malheureusement

HMN
winking smiley

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: May 9, 2009 23:32

dcba
"Johnny Hallyday is a joke"

He's a cheap bastard as well. He's hardly able to keep the same backing musicians from one tour to the other. The new tour starts and you see a "fresh" pair of faceless hired guns on drums and bass.

He HAD one great drummer in 1998 (Abe Laboriel Jr) [www.drummerworld.com]
and I tell you the man was pumping life into a usually lifeless show. With HIM the music took off.

If Halliday had been smart he would have called the cat back for the new tour at ANY price. No, he instead put on the stool an unknown boring Italian skin-beater, who without a doubt was much cheaper.

Abe Laboriel Jr would be touring with Mylène (as usual) so he was not available.

I'm VERY surprise to find that we are able to fill two pages on IORR talking about this jerk (Johnny, not Abe)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1623
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home