Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Will the Stones ever tour again?
Posted by: socialdistortion ()
Date: May 8, 2009 18:51

What do ya think?

Re: Will the Stones ever tour again?
Posted by: slasausjes ()
Date: May 8, 2009 18:53

I think it's an original question.

Date: May 8, 2009 18:54

Thanks man!!!

But. what do you think?

Posted by: slasausjes ()
Date: May 8, 2009 18:55

I think..... YES

Date: May 8, 2009 18:55

Hope so!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 8, 2009 19:09

Blimey, enthralling.....

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: May 8, 2009 19:19

....just shook my MAGIC 8 Ball..... OK..... Here we go (message thing is stabilizing).... WAIT FOR IT.....here it goes, it says.... "DON'T COUNT ON IT" ...... Awwwwwwwwww !!!!

Damn , Magic 8 Ball NEVER lies !!!

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 8, 2009 19:23

I think...No

They most probably did their final show at the O2 Arena in 2007.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 8, 2009 19:27

They're certainly planning on touring in 2010.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: May 8, 2009 19:40

50 / 50

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: May 8, 2009 19:44

Gazza

How do you know did you hear Mick say it to you personally? Myself I
think they will be not a big scale tour for over 2 years. So, if you're
right then they will have to start writing new stuff soom this year.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 8, 2009 19:47

Gazza

What have you heard Gazza ?

scuk

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: May 8, 2009 19:54

Well, isn't that how this recession will start to be over with...A Stones Tour?

PECMAN

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 8, 2009 19:54

As long as health issues do not intervene, I believe they will play live in 2010 as well. Whether that is only a series of residencies in a handful of venues or a small-scale tour rather than a mammoth world tour, I couldn't say. I would argue against the mammoth world tour being likely for personal as well as economic reasons, but who can say?

Date: May 8, 2009 19:56

tippy2toes
Gazza

How do you know did you hear Mick say it to you personally? Myself I
think they will be not a big scale tour for over 2 years. So, if you're
right then they will have to start writing new stuff soom this year.

I'm hardly going to name names.

I was told by someone very close to a band member. They did have plans to tour THIS year but decided not to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-08 20:16 by Gazza.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 8, 2009 19:57

I am sorry but :

Blah blah .........................Don't forget :
Stones last tour,BEFORE THE NEXT FIVE grinning smiley

If their differing levels of enthusiasm at the launch were any indication of who's pulling the Rolling Stones' strings, Jagger is surely the puppetmaster. Grabbing the mike from the get-go, he bounded into the crowd, admitting how before he got into rock & roll, “I fancied myself as an investigative reporter.”

He then got the jump on the huge press contingent by asking the band: “Is this your last tour?” Despite the media vibe that the Bridges tour may well be the end of their four decades on the road, the band were noncommittal, Richards facetiously mumbling, “yeah, this and the next five.” Swan song or not, be assured that while Bridges to Babylon is probably no Let It Bleed, the road show to support the album will resemble something from another planet. Just like Keith, really.

September 1997

Rolling Stones set to retire from touring
From correspondents in London
BANG Showbiz
August 22, 2007 08:05am
.Stones's frontman Mick Jagger / Reuters
THE Rolling Stones will reportedly quit touring for good after playing London's O2 Arena this Sunday, after 45 years in the music business. The veteran rockers are believed to have declared that their current A Bigger Bang Tour will be their last because frontman Sir Mick Jagger, 64, and guitarist Keith Richards, 63, will be too old to do another.

A source said: "We've been told this will be the last tour. Embarking on a Stones world tour takes years to plan. Mick and Keith would be in their late 60s by the time they would be ready to rock once more."

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: May 8, 2009 20:16

straycatuk
Gazza

What have you heard Gazza ?

scuk

Have heard absolutely nothing other than there are plans to tour at some point in 2010. Dont know where or when, although I would imagine it would be in the US at least, as they havent played there since 2006.

Can only assume they'll put an album out as well, what with them having a new record contract.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 8, 2009 20:19

I, too, have a Magic 8 Ball here in my office.
I rubbed, asked, flipped it over and here is the definitive answer...

(Mine has NEVER been wrong)

"Without a Doubt"

Just to be sure, I will consult with Bobblehead Ronnie this evening when I get home. I find him to be extremely agreeable.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: May 8, 2009 20:57

i'm afraid they will...and as stupid as i am, i'll probably even think of going to the show...STUPID ME! ;-)

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: May 8, 2009 21:02

Hope not!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 8, 2009 21:20

guitarbastard
i'm afraid they will...and as stupid as i am, i'll probably even think of going to the show...STUPID ME! ;-)

1. Going to a Stones concert is always a great idea.
2. Do not let other room members influence your passion for the Stones.
3. You have a right to freedom of music.

If I'm stupid for ever going to a Stones concert, then I'm insane.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: May 8, 2009 21:29

Chris Fountain
guitarbastard

yeah i know. if the stones will play close to my hometown i will go. i cant stay at home knowing they play in my neighbourhood. but honetsly since the NS-tour the shows i attended were rather disapointing. i think its better if they dont do it. mainly because of keith. i prefer to remember them as the best and greates band of all time.

Date: May 8, 2009 21:30

A recession, like a significant war, changes attitudes and values. Whilst the Stones may well tour again (and I do have my doubts that they will) the public may well have re-evaluated where they stand on paying out big bucks to watch what has become a nostalgia act. Hard core Stones fans will always go to the shows - the public will not necessarily.

If they tour again then they need to reduce admission prices. £50 a ticket should do nicely.

Posted by: Hasse78 ()
Date: May 8, 2009 21:31

2012..... 50 year anniversary tour. smileys with beer

That would be such a impressive goodbye from th big stages. I still hope the band will continue to play music and perform but that should be the last big tour. smiling smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 8, 2009 21:34

guitarbastard
Chris Fountain
guitarbastard

yeah i know. if the stones will play close to my hometown i will go. i cant stay at home knowing they play in my neighbourhood. but honetsly since the NS-tour the shows i attended were rather disapointing. i think its better if they dont do it. mainly because of keith. i prefer to remember them as the best and greates band of all time.

Agreed. For example, Urban Steel's posts (Three Flicks) covering Friday night's concert is superior than the HBO live concert.

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: May 8, 2009 21:35

No - Keiths condition is not good enough for yet another big tour.

His fingers can't hold playing two hours every night for 6-8 months. Sad enough, but you can't always control how your physical condition developes.

Let's just be happy that they latsed these many years - most don't.

Date: May 8, 2009 22:03

Hasse78
2012..... 50 year anniversary tour. smileys with beer

That would be such a impressive goodbye from th big stages. I still hope the band will continue to play music and perform but that should be the last big tour. smiling smiley

Why do so many people place such an importance or significance on an anniversary? Its every bit as irrelevant as this daft obsession with tour grosses.

If they're able to perform well by 2012 and beyond, then by all means they should keep doing so.

If they're not capable of doing so, then they shouldnt bother. Simple as that. I'd far rather they went out on a high (whether its in 2007, 2010 or 2020) rather than go on too long and be embarrassing just so that they can say they played for 50 years. If it means stopping at 45, 47 or 48 years instead of a nice round 50, so be it.

A 50th anniversary tour will probably only be an excuse for another nostalgia fest and another greatest hits release. Its unlikely it'll be as good as the Licks shows were anyway, so why repeat the formula?

Ive personally got serious doubts as to whether some band members will be capable of any level of consistency by 2012. Three years from now (and it'll be five since 2007 when we last saw them) is a long time at their age and taking into account the lifestyle and health issues that have aged some of them.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: May 8, 2009 22:15

Hard to say...they have been the one band that keeps toping itself...and it would be extremely difficult to top the Gross on the A Bigger Bang Tour...you're talking a 3 year commitment...and do they want to give 3 years of their life to another tour...but you know what...that's all they know...and they are conditioned to do it...

PECMAN

Date: May 8, 2009 22:17

I couldn't care less about 2012. A 50th anniversary tour is the sort of thing Cliff Richard does. Do we want the Stones to fall into that category?

Date: May 8, 2009 22:56

Sir Craven of Cottage
I couldn't care less about 2012. A 50th anniversary tour is the sort of thing Cliff Richard does. Do we want the Stones to fall into that category?

thumbs up

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1696
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home