Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Toronto 75 taped by Mike Milliard?
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 12, 2012 01:28

dcba
"Many will agree that he is notorious for being a very mild-mannered, quiet and gentle person"
Yeah I remembered he tried to dig his hole here playing his usual mind-games (for newbies it's "what a load of high-gen sh!t you listen to. Too bad you ain't have access to my masters. But I'd rather be buried with them rather than sharing them with you". )
I also remember I, and others mercilessly kicked his @ss, until he took his bad manners and his sadism elsewhere. Still feel good about it winking smiley

RE Toronto'75. Kees I humbly think you're wrong... Tapers were local figures. They didn't travel much but they taped all the major acts touring in their area.
They sometimes put on their trading lists shows from outside of their turf, but it was 1st gen. tapes they had from the taper in a trade.

spot on.i went to about 9 shows on that 75 tour and one of my friends who went along on a few of them taped about 4 shows.i remember he had a great copy of toronto,cleveland and one garden show.

the difference between him and this f/cking douche bag who has failed so miserably in his life that one of his thrills is letting people know that he has a tape of a concert from 37 years ago is that my friend[who i'm still in touch with]would probably have to dig in his attic to even find the thing.
thats what happens when you grow up.

who cares?its a standard setlist from a tour that you had to see in person to even get any kind of a feel for anyway.we've all heard every one of these songs played a million times,just go buy a copy of love you live and cut out the black and blue tracks.then ,instead of listening to a tape made by some dope with a cheap tape recorder under his arm you can listen to mick and ronnies pick of the master tapes.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 12, 2012 07:41

lem motlow

spot on.i went to about 9 shows on that 75 tour and one of my friends who went along on a few of them taped about 4 shows.i remember he had a great copy of toronto,cleveland and one garden show.

the difference between him and this f/cking douche bag who has failed so miserably in his life that one of his thrills is letting people know that he has a tape of a concert from 37 years ago is that my friend[who i'm still in touch with]would probably have to dig in his attic to even find the thing.
thats what happens when you grow up.

Okay @#$%&, since this is a tape trading thread, sort of, maybe you can tell what YOU have done. I am sure otherwise you don't know a @#$%& thing about his life. Idiot.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: June 12, 2012 18:35

Mr. Freezer had to have been a troubled individual. I read the article (from the link in this thread) about his passing. It seems very "Freezer-like" that he would tell people that he was throwing his tapes away. I also find it hard to believe that he would actually throw them away but who knows. The guy obviously had some issues.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 12, 2012 19:48

I could be wrong, (and if I am, I'm sure someone will point it out in about five seconds) but I think the version of It's Only Rock'N'Roll on Love You Live comes from the '75 Maple Leaf Gardens concert in Toronto. So one can assume that was professionally recorded.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: June 12, 2012 20:06

Yes it's only rock and roll on love u live comes from Toronto 75

Posted by: batonrouge75 ()
Date: June 12, 2012 20:35

Sohoe
An iorr-ean who attended both Baton Rouge shows, said Heartbreaker was performed at the second one

...and here's the thread: [www.iorr.org] [bottom of the page]

That was me. HA! I attended both Baton Rouge shows.

Date: June 12, 2012 20:42

Dan
Okay @#$%&, since this is a tape trading thread, sort of, maybe you can tell what YOU have done. I am sure otherwise you don't know a @#$%& thing about his life. Idiot.

you o.k.....dan? what are you even saying here?..."this is a tape trading thread and what have i done @#$%& and you're sure otherwise i dont know a @#$%& thing about this guys life?"... what did any of that even mean?

you seem way too upset,did you lose your job or the wife left or something??calm down,its gonna be alright.

Date: June 12, 2012 21:29

lem motlow
Dan

you o.k.....dan? what are you even saying here?..."this is a tape trading thread and what have i done @#$%& and you're sure otherwise i dont know a @#$%& thing about this guys life?"... what did any of that even mean?

you seem way too upset,did you lose your job or the wife left or something??calm down,its gonna be alright.

Actually I just lost a friend. Fucktard.

Date: June 12, 2012 23:30

well,then that makes sense.sorry to hear about your friend and i mean that.i've been there.

the insults i dont care about,there are about five pages of rocky dijon and i going at each other from a few months ago that i still laugh about.how could i stay mad at someone who knows who played percussion on the rock and roll circus,or for that matter someone who is interested in the 75 tour bootlegs.

take care bro.

Date: June 12, 2012 23:54

lem motlow
well,then that makes sense.sorry to hear about your friend and i mean that.i've been there.

the insults i dont care about,there are about five pages of rocky dijon and i going at each other from a few months ago that i still laugh about.how could i stay mad at someone who knows who played percussion on the rock and roll circus,or for that matter someone who is interested in the 75 tour bootlegs.

take care bro.

It's all good. I understand he's a controversial character, but to me he's still the cool older dude with a van big enough to drive a few teenagers to an Alice Cooper show 22 years ago and was a somewhat indirect influence on my own participation in the hobby.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: June 13, 2012 00:19

Sorry for your loss Dan.

Hopefully he left you his tapes for you to enjoy for years to come.

Posted by: batonrouge75 ()
Date: June 13, 2012 00:51

Dan
lem motlow
Dan

Actually I just lost a friend. Fucktard.

Dude, you need to chill out!

Date: June 13, 2012 01:01

vudicus
Sorry for your loss Dan.

Hopefully he left you his tapes for you to enjoy for years to come.

Nah, no word on any tapes but I have my own "legacy" to work on as well as access to at least 3 different tape collections. To me, in the past few years the terms trading, bootlegging and hoarding have all become near obsolete anyway and with one more participant gone they mean that much less.

I only met him maybe twice when I was 16 and re-connected through this board over ten years ago but he still made quite a mark.

And I just noticed MacMan15 posted in this thread a few years ago. Another great Stones taper/trader gone too soon.

batonrouge75

Dude, you need to chill out!

I thought it was all worked out but feel free to keep contributing nothing to this thread.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1383
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home