Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT Depeche Mode Tour 2009
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: May 8, 2009 20:24

you're making yourself sound a real dickhead

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: May 8, 2009 22:24

synths, guitars, drums, tapes, keyboards, piano - sounds like the last Stones tour to me

DM has been thru some changes and remained loyal to their fans. They all started in guitar bands back in the late 70s. The only reason they went to all synths in the beginning was for convenience. It was easier to carry synths around London, plug into a PA, and play. They became a synth band by accident. They used a drum machine for the same convenient reason. Later tape amchines were used because some of the sequencing was impossible to play by hand. Today these sequences can be done by newer synths. DM were pioneers in the electronic music - this can not be denied. But they never set out to be musical pioneers.

As far as being worth it, I would listen to Songs Of Faith And Devotion from 1993 - great album.

Getting this Stones related, I've seen in interviews where Dave Gahan mentions the Stones in admiration.

Posted by: Hasse78 ()
Date: May 8, 2009 23:53

I couldnt have explained it better myself Harlito. smiling smiley

Yes Dave Gahan several times mention Stones and the admiration to them. How Mick Jagger is a inspiration as a frontman and how he tries to live his life healthy now so he can continue to rock onstage like Mick Jagger when he gets to his age.

Also the main songwriter Martin L Gore played "Ruby Tuesday" as one of the songs during a afterparty to a solo gig in Stockholm. Great Piano version sung in a little tipsy way. drinking smiley

Anyway.... What Stones have done to rocknroll is what DM have done with electronic music. They brought it to the people.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 13, 2009 20:58

Depeche Mode lead singer David Gahan is not well enough to perform in Athens on Wednesday, concert organizers said, a day after he was rushed to hospital moments before he was to appear on stage.

Turkish organizers also canceled the band's Thursday night concert in Istanbul.

Tuesday night's concert north of the Greek capital was canceled after Gahan, who turned 47 last week, fell ill and was hospitalized overnight. Neither organizers nor the hospital would say what he was suffering from.

About 20,000-30,000 fans who had turned up to hear the British band were told to retain their tickets in case the singer was well enough to reschedule the concert for the following day.

But concert organizers Didi Music later issued an announcement Wednesday saying the singer was still unable to perform.

"Even though everyone hoped for the singer's speedy recovery and the rescheduling of the band's show for today ... according to the information received by the band's management and the doctor on duty, the artist's health condition does not allow it," the organizers said.

Turkish organizers also announced late Wednesday that they were canceling the band's Istanbul concert.

"Due to circumstances beyond our control, the Depeche Mode concert will not take place on May 14," the organizers, Purple Concerts, said in a statement on their Web site.

Purple Concerts was not immediately reachable, but Turkey's Anatolia news agency said Gahan would go to the United States for treatment and that concerts in Bucharest, Romania, on Saturday and Sofia, Bulgaria, next Monday might also be canceled.

The band's publicists in London gave no information on whether any other dates on Depeche Mode's tour would be affected. After Bulgaria, the band is scheduled to play in Belgrade, Serbia, next Wednesday, followed by concerts in Croatia and Poland. Depeche Mode arrived in Greece after playing in Tel Aviv, Israel, on Sunday.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: May 13, 2009 21:41

Anyway, this news is rubbish

Face value fort he FOS tickets was 57.20 euros.
The regular standing ticket was 51.70 euros

This years most expensive tickets will be U2's red circle.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: May 13, 2009 23:15

I like their music not so much, but I must truly say, that Dave Gahan (their leadsinger) is a kick a** frontman. Truly one of the best, which I saw ever live in concert. Saw Depeche Mode in 1986 and Dave Gahan solo in 2004. Dave Gahan is born for the stages of our world.

Posted by: socialdistortion ()
Date: May 13, 2009 23:40

they are an "act".not a BAND

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: May 13, 2009 23:45

Doc
Anyway, this news is rubbish

Face value fort he FOS tickets was 57.20 euros.
The regular standing ticket was 51.70 euros

This years most expensive tickets will be U2's red circle.

And I don't understand this. Why so much for SRO tickets?

Has bono gone insane?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1389
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home