Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Buddy Guy question from Shine a Light
Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: April 27, 2009 02:07

A while back someone was asking about why Buddy Guy was not present for the final bow on Shine a Light.

I asked over the weekend and it was quite simple...he left before the show was over. The show in his opinion was going on forever, he got up and left.

Re: OT: Buddy Guy question from Shine a Light
Posted by: izzyanderson ()
Date: April 27, 2009 03:34

that's his MO. he does it a lot.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: April 27, 2009 04:52

I thought he had another gig elsewhere in NYC that night...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 27, 2009 05:05

Heck the answer can't be that simple can it??????........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 27, 2009 05:36

Buddy likes a drink.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: April 27, 2009 05:55

He no longer drinks.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: April 27, 2009 06:02

He was auditioning one of the front row bimbo's for his upcoming DVD.

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: April 27, 2009 06:25

Bingo
He was auditioning one of the front row bimbo's for his upcoming DVD.

well he jumped into it both nights when he opened for the stones, in fact he landed infront of mr (slightly behind the bimbos) on one occasion!

OLDKR

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 27, 2009 06:35

He doesn't drink, but he likes to smoke!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 27, 2009 07:17

I think he left because he realised that he slaughtered Champagne & Reefer...

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: April 27, 2009 07:29

skipstone

got that right

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 27, 2009 13:41

He left early so that Keith didn't have a chance to change his mind about the Guild Starfire guitar he gave him.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: April 27, 2009 14:44

or he rejected that guitar and was afraid to wait for keiths reaction.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 27, 2009 15:42

skipstone
finally the truth.you are correct .i was there the first night at the beacon and buddy started out fine but half way through the song he starts mugging with keith and then no buddy signature guitar solo .

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 27, 2009 16:34

The Greek
skipstone
finally the truth.you are correct .i was there the first night at the beacon and buddy started out fine but half way through the song he starts mugging with keith and then no buddy signature guitar solo .

By "mugging" do you mean staring at him ?
I read a lot of reviews concerning this set and one says the more Keith was "sticking" at B.Guy ,the more Buddy Guy was trying to avoid him .Is that true the " musical gamble " was only between Jagger and Buddy Guy that night ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: April 27, 2009 17:35

SwayStones
The Greek
skipstone

By "mugging" do you mean staring at him ?
I read a lot of reviews concerning this set and one says the more Keith was "sticking" at B.Guy ,the more Buddy Guy was trying to avoid him .Is that true the " musical gamble " was only between Jagger and Buddy Guy that night ?
not true ,the first half of the song buddy was singing and he was okay ,then he starts the guitar solo in the middle of the song and keith comes over innocent enough and then buddy goes off into who know where and then mick is right there and then it was RUINED .no signature buddy mofo guy guitar solo really lame .no way was buddy trying to get away from keith .maybe mick hypnotised buddy ?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 27, 2009 17:38

buddy did the stones a courtesy by not showing them up....i was there first night, too, TG, and i think buddy was just doing them a professional favor....even still, he stole the night for my money...

Date: April 27, 2009 17:52

welcome back T&A, i missed your posts !

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 27, 2009 18:03

buddy did the stones a courtesy by not showing them up.... even still, he stole the night for my money

Isn't that a contradiction?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 27, 2009 18:04

i don't think so...

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 27, 2009 18:31

Your point of view sounds really interesting to me ,The Greek, because you were at the Beacon that night and it's definitely a different focus from my 4 movies session.

I really had the impression Buddy Guy avoided Keith and made it in purpose.Not only because he was the teacher showing up his students.

I must confess I was really impress by his brilliance as a guitarist(which remains undiminished ) and the way Jagger acted with him and his harmonica.
Never could imagine Mick ruined the meeting of the two guitarists (although Mr Jagger is well known for being the one who control everything on stage ..)

Another hight point for me :Jack White sharing vocal and guitar with Jagger on “Loving Cup” palpable nervousness at sharing the stage with his idols.Was his voice as weak as they say ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: April 27, 2009 19:09

trainarollin
He no longer drinks.

Since when?

Date: April 27, 2009 19:15

SwayStones
Your point of view sounds really interesting to me ,The Greek, because you were at the Beacon that night and it's definitely a different focus from my 4 movies session.

I really had the impression Buddy Guy avoided Keith and made it in purpose.Not only because he was the teacher showing up his students.

I must confess I was really impress by his brilliance as a guitarist(which remains undiminished ) and the way Jagger acted with him and his harmonica.
Never could imagine Mick ruined the meeting of the two guitarists (although Mr Jagger is well known for being the one who control everything on stage ..)

Another hight point for me :Jack White sharing vocal and guitar with Jagger on “Loving Cup” palpable nervousness at sharing the stage with his idols.Was his voice as weak as they say ?
my take on the guests at the beacon was that jack white was the best because he gave a very faithful interpertation of loving cup.true to the original version as well as could be .you could tell he was truly a fan humbled to be in the precence of the stones that night at the beacon.the polar opposite of xtina aguilera who was there just to mug and get some facetime in a martin scorcese film!she was horribile ,like chalk screeching across the blackboard ,terribile .i really thought she would have done better ,i was wrong on that one ill tell ya!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2107
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home