Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: NOW ADDED: COMMENTS ON THE SHOW ITSELF -- Neil Young Sat apr 25 Lethbridge Canada
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 18, 2009 18:13

any thoughts here?

ebay has pairs GA on floor for 355 inc shipping

p

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-05 14:38 by timbernardis.

Re: OT: Best Place to Get Neil Young Tickets Sat apr 25 Lethbridge Canada?
Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: April 18, 2009 20:21

Try your local paper or Calgary's or a ticket broker if it's sold out.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 20, 2009 22:25

Can't believe he's playing Lethbridge, population around 60k! Good to see Neil playing the smaller Canadian cities. I have a cousin that lives there. I'll have to see if he's going.

Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: April 20, 2009 22:54

Saw Neil April 15 at the JLC in London Ontario

DONT MISS THIS SHOW in Lethbridge!

Utterly fantastic. This guy makes the Stones (currently, anyway) look like a joke.

At the JLC he played a 15 minute long 'Down By River', 12 of those an improvised guitar solo that even had his bandmates shaking their heads in amazement..

Date: April 20, 2009 23:45

On Saturday, I just got two reserved seats, second section back from the stage, 4 rows up from the floor. $280 Canadian, $230 US for the pair, good for me.

Lucky fluke, the promoter had just put them back in the system. They were the only reserved seats left in the house, which is about 13,000 capacity. Ordered by phone.

Isn't Neil Young part Native from some tribe in Canada? In any event, he has long claimed some kinda affiliation with Native people. i.e. his band Crazy Horse (which I do not think is backing him up on this tour, but I don't care).

The last and only time I have seen him was at the Cow Palace -- 31 yeas ago in San Fran -- that concert later became the film and live album of the same title -- Rust Never Sleeps.

the plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-20 23:47 by timbernardis.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 21, 2009 00:15

Hi Timbernardis. Enmax Center in Lethbridge is a small hockey arena, holding approximately 6500. I'm sure every seat in the house is pretty good.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 21, 2009 00:43

Taylor Era
Saw Neil April 15 at the JLC in London Ontario

DONT MISS THIS SHOW in Lethbridge!

Utterly fantastic. This guy makes the Stones (currently, anyway) look like a joke.

At the JLC he played a 15 minute long 'Down By River', 12 of those an improvised guitar solo that even had his bandmates shaking their heads in amazement..

The version of Down By The River that I saw him perform in Manchester just over a year ago may well have been the single most magnificent performance I've witnessed of any song. Logie was sitting next to me and our jaws were on the floor at how brilliant it was.

Date: April 21, 2009 02:24

I saw Neil here in Saint John last weekend. Seating was about 6,000 and it was "almost" sold out. It was one of the very best concerts I'd ever attended. The guy is amazing. Get down on the floor early and up-front.

Date: April 21, 2009 07:12

OK -- will they allow fotos to be taken?

what about audio recording?

video recording?

p

Date: April 21, 2009 07:13

or if not allowed, then how easy or difficult is it, how is the security, etc??

p

Date: April 21, 2009 07:20

DGA35
Hi Timbernardis. Enmax Center in Lethbridge is a small hockey arena, holding approximately 6500. I'm sure every seat in the house is pretty good.

i think that the 13K includes the floor, but your comment is appreciated, sounds kinda like old Winterland in SF

however, I am seated, but i guess i can jump down and try to get up close if the opportunity presents itself, but i aint gonna wait outside in line for hours, and really cant anyway as will be visiting along the way and driving in

p

Posted by: loveyoulive75 ()
Date: April 21, 2009 09:40

when the missus and I saw Neil in Calgary back in October at the Saddledome, we walked right in. The ticket guy (kid) scanned our tickets (damn close to $250 for the two of them) and just let us loose inside. Amazing...you would think the security would have been just a little bit tighter these days! I've never taped a show, but I imagine it would have been pretty easy if you knew what you were doing. The problem in our section were the younger kids in the row in front of us smoking dope and the old lady doing security for that part of the venue kept coming up and taking their roaches (yet overlooking that they'd brought in outside booze!) while we had left the weed in the truck and paid $6.50 a cup for Heineken. That was a fantastic show, by the way; now it looks like he's shaken up the set list this current part of the tour, so you're lucky to see Neil in Lethbridge. These are actually pretty hardrocking shows- not quite "Weld" intensity, but it was a hell of a lot more than I expected from a guy his age...

COMMENTS ON SHOW: Neil Young Tickets Sat apr 25 Lethbridge Canada?
Date: May 5, 2009 07:31

late with this, but ...

very good rising to great a number of times but esp in the last 45 mins or so

one opening act, was OK

typically excellent Neil background vocals and effective in their Neil way; his wife sang a lot of this and for one song, joined him up front with both on acoustic, rather touching

04-25-2009, Enmax Centre, Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Neil Young & His Electric Band

Love And Only Love

Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black) -- better than 78, very slowed down and much cruder licks but more effective,

Fuel Line

Are You Ready For The Country?

Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

Pocahontas

Spirit Road

Cortez The Killer -- extended version, changed the original arrangement, hung out certain lines on both the guitar and vocals, very effective

Cinnamon Girl - as usual, an ass kicker, at the end, Neil goes around to every part of the edge of the stage with a dramatic flourish

Mother Earth

The Needle And The Damage Done - always good

Light A Candle

Heart Of Gold - lots of crowd

Four Strong Winds

Old Man - lots of crowd

Speakin' Out

Tonight's The Night

Cowgirl In The Sand - crowd

Get Behind The Wheel - a new one, i think from Fork in the Road

Just Singing A Song // -- new one, very good and fit very well at the end

Rockin' In The Free World -- rabble rousing, loud, intense

some of the new ones off the new album were excellent but I dont think he played that many, more like 3 or 4 (correction?) with a lot of old hits in there plus more recent stuff, but these new ones are full of political and social messages, straight to his hippie roots

I like his Neil-hippie style prancing about when getting down, kinda one leg forward and the other back or to the side with a lot of torso bending and bouncing

on one old song, a younger guitarist took his guitar part whilst he played piano, cant recall which - versatile, changing not only arrangements but musicians

another from Evergreen, he appeared high up towards the back of the stage on a large old organ, reminded me of a church choir

certain songs just reached a true level of what -- intensity, greatness, meaning, whatever, but those carried and lifted us to great heights, esp during Hey Hey and in the last 45 mins of his two hour 10 minute show

My friend felt it was a very political show

I would call him "an unrepentant hippie" and thank god there are still a few of those around, something less than a coporate tool

small place, seemed smaller than Winterland in SF was, but seats just above the hockey team bench were small and cramped together

we were about 50-60 yards from the stage = 150-180 feet, on about a level with the stage

brought in all my equipment wrapped around my ankles with a lot of "distraction" in my bag including the lesser camera, guy just made a motion at poking thru and kinda says, "no cameras in there, huh?"

unloaded all my equipment in the bathroom/loo/bog/whatever, undercover a la Matt Lee

lots of cameras going on floor so i get bold and start shooting with my videocam, but kept low; after 3 songs, lady coming down spotted me (she musta been looking down the aisles and guy next to me tells me to put it down which i do and then just proceed to tape the audio via my videocam for the rest of the show, tho a floor security had been alerted to keep an eye on me

very glad I went and someone everyone should see -- he still has it, still kicks ass, not an old hackneyed version of himself, but full of changes and renewal in various ways

maybe more later ....

the plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-05 07:45 by timbernardis.

Re: OT: NOW ADDED: COMMENTS ON THE SHOW ITSELF -- Neil Young Sat apr 25 Lethbridge Canada
Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: May 6, 2009 06:31

He played a great set Sunday afternoon at New Orleans Jazzfest: a two-hour mix of screaming guitar (long versions of Love and Only Love, Change Your Mind, and Down by the River) and acoustic faves (Mother Earth on the pump organ, Needle and the Damage Done, Heart of Gold, and Old Man) plus A Day in the Life for the encore. His current touring band is probably his most versatile group yet, capable of pulling out nearly anything from his catalog.

Re: OT: NOW ADDED: COMMENTS ON THE SHOW ITSELF -- Neil Young Sat apr 25 Lethbridge Canada
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 6, 2009 11:29

If you got a dime account all the recent N.A. shows are available winking smiley

Date: May 6, 2009 17:08

and i made my own personal boot (Plexiglass Productions) of the Lethbridge show, just mostly missed one song when it looked like they were gonna bust me for having a (video)camera. Partial video but fairly complete audio recording of the show.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1938
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home