Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Primal Scream: Country Girl
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: April 15, 2009 05:09

THIS is cool. Listen:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-15 05:15 by bassplayer617.

Re: OT Primal Scream: Country Girl
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: April 15, 2009 05:21

The studio vid is quite funny. Look for it on You Tube. I woulda posted it, but embedding was disabled.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 15, 2009 14:29

What can a po'h boy do!!

Love Primal Scream. That song rocks on the highway.

Date: April 15, 2009 15:37

This entire album (with the exception of a few throw-away tracks) is quite good. Bobbie Gillespie - and really the band in-general - are Stones fans, and their music typically shows that.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 15, 2009 16:41

The last Stones tribute band I heard finished their set with Primal Scream's "Rocks" as an encore and it felt right at home.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: April 15, 2009 20:00

isn't this about 2 years late ?

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: April 15, 2009 20:43

Thanks for posting - well groovy!The Primals sure love the Stones.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: April 16, 2009 00:31

I'm a big fan of The Scream as well. They can be really great live - the xtrmntr tour was awesome.

It's just a shame that Bobby Gillespie has proved to be a bit of a dick on occasion - ill-informed mouthing off about the Israel/ Palestine conflict for example and then appearing in Dazed and Confused modelling the latest designer miltary chic!

Mani on the other hand is a salt of the earth rocker if there ever was one.

Posted by: DD ()
Date: April 16, 2009 13:09

I've seen the Scream a good few times; on one occasion (the night Kurt Cobain's death became known in 1994) at Brixton Academy they were absolutely brilliant - I went back a couple of nights later. But I just cannot see the point in a song like Country Girl. Yes, it's nice and upbeat and rock n'roll, but is so generic it's almost like Lesson 1 in a course of How To Write A Song Like The Stones or The Faces. And, sorry Syracuse, but the album, to me, is a complete load of pants.

And Roll73; I completely agree with you as regards Mani. I love The Stone Roses anyway and I love his bass-playing. He was DJing at a gig my band headlined a few months back and he was a proper gentleman. Chatted with us all and played a great DJ set. A real geezer.

Declan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1437
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home