Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

TV Broadcast of Rock and Roll of Fame inductions 2009
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 4, 2009 17:58

I am sure that has already been said but the event is tonight so someone can refresh our memories. When and where the ceremony is going to be broadcasted?
Thank you,
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Re: TV Broadcast of Rock and Roll of Fame inductions 2009
Posted by: caroogie ()
Date: April 4, 2009 19:46

The show is being broadcast live tonight on the FUSE network. There is an hour long pre-show at 8 and the ceremony at 9. Lots of Metallica stuff on during the day if you care. Should be a good jam at the end.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: April 4, 2009 20:00

The performer inductees are:
Jeff Beck (ok)
Little Anthony & the Imperials (never heard of them)
Metallica (...)
Run-D.M.C. (the guy from Run's House, yeah?)
Bobby Womack (ok)

Early Influence Category Inductee:
Wanda Jackson (who?)

Sidemen Category Inductees:
Bill Black
DJ Fontana
Spooner Oldham

Doesn't sound that interesting, does it?

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: April 4, 2009 20:06

Metallica inducted?
Pure rock and roll if you ask me.
That's funny... I'm not strong enought to listen to one whole song by those cats.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: April 5, 2009 01:53

How widespread is the Fuse network ?
I've never heard of it . I guess the advertising dollars are not very important to the broadcasters of the show .

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 5, 2009 03:07

boston2006
How widespread is the Fuse network ?
I've never heard of it . I guess the advertising dollars are not very important to the broadcasters of the show .

Yeah it doesn't even make VH1 Classic anymore.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 5, 2009 03:13

Little Anthony & the Imperials (never heard of them)

New York late 50's doo-wop group...Best know for
things like Tears On My Pillow - Shimmy Shimmy Ko-Ko Bop ........

Wanda Jackson (who?)

Know as the Queen Of Rockabilly...Started in in early 50's as
C&W performer.... Moved into rockin stuff mid 50's after performing
with Presley..Best known for Fujiyama Mama and the storming Lets Have A Party
which had Gene Vincent's Blue Caps backing her ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 5, 2009 07:58

About frickin' time that Black & Fontana is inducted.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 5, 2009 10:24

Nice interaction between Ronnie and Bobby Womack. Would have liked to hear more of Bobby performing--he sounded great.

As much as I respect Jeff Beck's talent, I don't see why his solo career warranted his second inclusion in the HoF. I could easily name 20 acts (and that's just the A-List) of people that should have been chosen instead of him this time...(FACESSMALLFACESALICECOOPERFLYINGBURRITOBROSLITTLEFEATLAURANYROJOETEXDELANEY&BONNIELEONRUSSELLHUMBLEPIETODDRUNDGRENDONAVANetc)but there's no logic to the thing.

During Spooner Oldham's induction a whole bunch of names were mentioned that should already be in the HoF: Dan Penn, Chips Moman, Delaney Bramlett, Rick Hall, all the Fame and Muscle Shoals session guys.

caroogie, thanks for the heads up that FUSE was broadcasting the whole thing, otherwise I would have missed it. I even enjoyed watching the Metallica--Some Kind of Monster documentary that preceded it, even thought their music is not my thing.

In many ways, it was Ronnie's night. First with his intro of Bobby, then playing "It's All Over Now" with him, then being seen in early footage with Jeff Beck in the film shown about him, and finally playing in the jam session at the end. Wood was all over it.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-05 18:17 by loog droog.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: April 5, 2009 15:51

Never heard of Little Anthony and Wanda Jackson??!!! Someone needs to study their rock n roll history!

Posted by: caroogie ()
Date: April 5, 2009 19:47

Impressions of the Ceremony:
All the acts performed, except Run DMC and the Sidemen who were honored, and all were very good.
Ronnie looked good and seemed a bit uncomfortable speaking about Bobby Womack, and he performed well. Only a quick shot of him with The Girlfriend.
Wanda Jackson was great at 70-something. She's quite a lady and can rock!
I thought Beck was good, Page brought him on and jammed too. Beck's Bolero, Immigrant Song w/Page, Peter Gunn jam to finish. Cool he had his own group w/Tal & Vinnie. Metallica was cool, didn't come of as pompous (Larz) as I feared. Flea w/green hair introduced them & Cliff Burton' dad spoke as well as the group. The band played with 2 bassists (Newstead). Hetfield mentioned Deep Purple, Thin Lizzy, Rush, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Priest, & Maiden as groups that should be in too (more hard rock & prog PLEASE!).
The final jam was Train Kept A Rollin' w/Metallica, Flea (3 Bassists!!!), Beck, Page, Woody, & Joe Perry. Pretty heavy version with leads by Beck, Hammett, & Perry (Page seemed to deflect a lead as heads turned his way). Could have done more leads till the morning! To me it was one of the best HOF shows I've seen. Good on FUSE for showing it live rather than edited and shown a week later like VH1 had done. The sound of all the acts was very good for a live TV event. Cleveland's Public Hall was a great venue for it, many great shows there over the years. I'm sure it will be on the net somewhere soon. Give it a look!
Later, caroogie

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 6, 2009 01:50

Train kept a rolling all night long o youtube!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1554
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home