Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: U2 slow down...
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 1, 2009 01:20

FrankM
I wasn't trying to say America is better than other countries but let's face it it is the largest market.

Economically - yes
Numerically - no

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 1, 2009 01:23

I like it when people say "let's face it". Makes them sound so...old.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 1, 2009 03:07

socialdistortion
well,fix it! I need some "support"!!!

You certainly need help allright.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 1, 2009 14:00

skipstone
I like it when people say "let's face it". Makes them sound so...old.

Let's face it, Skip! Who you calling old? tongue sticking out smiley

Date: April 1, 2009 16:43

Whoever says that! It's the same as petty old morals ha ha ha ha ha.....

Posted by: socialdistortion ()
Date: April 1, 2009 16:45

Let's face it - Frank M is correct

Date: April 1, 2009 16:48

You can face it and be a pickle like FrankM!

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: April 1, 2009 17:37

Scored 4 GA tix for Tampa, FL and 4 GA Tix for Atlanta in this mornings pre sale! : )
Bring em on!
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Date: April 1, 2009 17:50

Let's face it, U2 sucks/FrankM rules!

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: April 1, 2009 18:13

you are so boring, socialdistortion.

if you are sitting home alone all day wasting your time in front of the computer, why don't take some time to think and come up with something more profound, something that we can discuss. something substantial.

i have been tempted to reply with something like "let's face it, socialdistortion sucks just as much as FrankM" but I couldn't...and that's because I feel sorry for you...

springtime is coming, go out and play in the sun!

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: April 1, 2009 18:39

melillo
i can also face facts, the stones abb stadium shows were shockingly empty, as far as grossing more money has alot to do with ticket prices, as if you didnt know that frankie boy

I went to a couple of U2 concerts at the Stade de France on the Vertigo tour and even though the concerts were both sold out, the stadium was not really packed.

I think that the Vertigo tour in the USA was mainly arenas, but I know that the gigs at the Aztca Stadium in Mexico City were also sold out and the tickets hard to find, but they only sold about 50.000 tix and that means less than half capacity (120.000).

But really, who cares about details like that? I'll be having a good time with a few gigs in Paris and the UK this summer just waiting for the Stones to go out on tour.

I also read someone's post talking about a slap on the face for americans because U2 will be starting the tour in Europe, if I ever read crap on this site, this one is the all time best.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 1, 2009 19:30

"I think they are just a notch or two above Bon Jovi"
Comparing them to B.Jovi is already insuting them imo...

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 1, 2009 19:30

FrankM and socialdistortion can enlighten you all.

Date: April 1, 2009 22:01

They do, with their Vlasic wisdom! It's most excellent!

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 1, 2009 22:50

Stones and U2. Really different bands. Love them both. Always will.

"A notch or two above b.j." is just laughable. Nonsense. Sitting around comparing these groups is like arguing about which color is best, blue or green, then comparing the one you like least to plastic.

Date: April 1, 2009 23:03

Wow, Skip has a friend!!! Yeahhhhhhhhhhh!

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 2, 2009 00:04

Had to chime in, sorry. I'll be on my way now.

Date: April 2, 2009 00:17

Let's face it, Papo is smart.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: April 2, 2009 00:30

melillo
FrankM
socialdistortion
Stones sold out SIX shows at Shea Stadium in minutes - that's 360,000 seats folks!@

Shhhhh. You might ruin melillo's day if he finds out the little obscure band called The Rolling Stones can compete with the mighty U2. I guess he missed the news that ABB grossed more than the Vertigo tour.

first of all that was TWENTY YEARS AGO, and you wont ruin my day because i like the stones more than U2 but i can also face facts, the stones abb stadium shows were shockingly empty, as far as grossing more money has alot to do with ticket prices, as if you didnt know that frankie boy

Melillo my fellow New Jerseyan what will it take to set you on the path to enlightenment? Of course part of having the highest grossing tour is ticket prices but why doesn't that count. They don't pick band names out of a hat and assign ticket prices to each one. They can only charge what people are willing to pay so if people are willing to pay more for The Stones then that is part of the equation.

But if you want to be stubborn and just look at tickets sold instead of money grossed then ask yourself how many tickets they sold on the Voodoo Lounge tour. That is roughly the stage U2 is at now. Do you think U2 will sell that many tickets?

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 2, 2009 01:46

hey now knock that off MR GOSSETT

duck geese!!!!!!!!! duck geese??????????

Date: April 2, 2009 06:17

Go FrankM! Social's buddy!

VLASIC! Gotta love Frank! Ha ha ha ha! \^^/!!!!!!!!!

Eh, the biggest hype the Stones have gotten the past however many years has been:

1. they're stillllllll going - a Rolling Stone gathers no moss, boy
2. how much money they've made

That's it. Nothing else really. The second one lends to how many people show up to see them. They've made over ONE BILLION DOLLARS (U.S. that is) and that was a while back if I recall correctly.

I was looking at their set lists from 1970, 71 and 72 - they didn't change much. They didn't tour a whole lot, at least compared to the last 18 years or whatever, in terms of how long they were out. 73 was a month basically. 71 was just 2 months although technically 3 calender months because of one August date. It wasn't until 73 that the set list started to evolve a bit more, then of course 1975/76 was a career review somewhat.

Probably the most ever different set list was the 1978 tour. The 81 set list was pretty damn good. After that it's been a cakewalk.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 2, 2009 15:06

While stat's of tickets sold, gross revenue, cd's sold are numbers due more to marketing than any bearing on the music itself, one worthwhile world record stat. Guinness can confirm on the U2 tour will be the endless yawning that transpires.

Date: April 2, 2009 16:34

skip, such insight! THANKS!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: April 2, 2009 20:28

If selling out 40 Stadiums ( 3 Millions audience or 350 M$ ) meaning slowing down, well, well...

Date: April 2, 2009 22:43

Hey, in case you don't get it socialD, I get a kick out of FrankM and you.

I think Frank has the better sense of humour though.

Date: April 3, 2009 19:27

Skip, sorry i have thin skin.

But.. you and papo are so cool and smart!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1634
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home