Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Autographed Geriatric Stones Poster
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: March 20, 2009 00:41

I think the Stones probably have good senses of humor...but I was a little
surprised that they would agree to autograph this...if in fact they did.
The autographs look legitimate. I'm glad they signed it...shows that they
don't take themselves TOO seriously.

Find Bill Wyman and others in the background. winking smiley

[inferisonline.com]

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-20 00:43 by sweet neo con.

Re: Autographed Geriatric Stones Poster
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: March 20, 2009 00:46

I dunno...looks very off. Doesn't look real to me at all. Either they forged the autographs completely or someone superimposed real autographs onto the image.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: March 20, 2009 01:05

Ever heard of Autopen?
[en.wikipedia.org]
[www.signaturemachine.com]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-20 01:07 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: March 20, 2009 01:13

yep....difficult to know if autographs are legit or auto-pen.

I've even heard of cases (NFL- Brett Favre autographs) in which artists
were hired to flawlessly duplicate signatures. Anything's possible.

This piece looks almost TOO PERFECT.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: March 20, 2009 01:32

Totally fake (IMHO). The Keith is actually a pretty decent effort the 'Keith' is pretty good but it gets shakey in the "hards" bit. The end of 'Ronnie' slops totally the wrong way and the 'Wood' is a joke. The long bit of the J in Jagger is supposed to link to the bottom of the J not just look like a crossing out (multiple other flaws). Look at the up and down swiggle bits after the beginning down stroke in Charlie's. These are done with a slow and unsteady pen movement, not even considering the first first movement in Charlie's real autograph is up!

I hate this bullshit. I love the way the seller gives tips on going to film premieres etc... if you want to collect your own. It is like winning the lottery getting a good autograph at a film premiere. There are just too many people. Statistically based on crowd numbers and numbers of autographs given out (unless you were known well as a genuine fan of the band by every band member) you would probably have to attend hundreds of premieres attended by every member to collect a full set.

Real sets on posters just aren't available for $475. If anyone here thinks that is a great price to get and has a real set they want to sell I will buy it! I guarantee I get zero offers (at least of real sets). Anyone here who actually got them personally wouldn't sell them for $475, but that is about our passion not money. Imagine though for a minute you didn't care for the Stones and remember how much work / expenses it took to get that set. Now if you were a business could you survive on $475 gross revenue for a real stones set. Just count the hours, travel expenses, selling expenses etc... the maths don't work.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: March 20, 2009 03:04

If you want to see if it's real, somebody buy it and see how fast they list another one for sale.

I was at a music only autograph gallery in Scottsdale, AZ. I have never seen so many Beatle LP's signed by all 4 or Led Zeppelin LP's signed by all 4 in my entire life. You have to do research on these type things and all the certificates backing up the items are really meaningless.

There were many items that were without a doubt authentic, like the Ron Wood paintings. They have had many celebrity artists do appearances there and photos of the gallary openings on the wall, That just gives the optical illusion of Star Power.

Do your homework and commonsense. One of those things where you know that as soon as someone buys the signed "Sgt Pepper" LP cover, another one will come out of the back room.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1754
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home