Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What about an "exile" tour?
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: March 16, 2009 05:07

What if the Stones played one album (like The Who Quadraphenia) for a tour? Obviously Exile would be a great choice,but would others be better? Probably never even thought of by them, but let it Bleed would work ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-16 05:18 by J.J.Flash.

Re: What about an "exile" tour?
Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: March 16, 2009 16:43

A great idea but I don't think the guys even consider that possibility.At this point they feel comfortable playing the same old well rehearsed stuff repeatedly and i don't blame them as long as they sound great doing so.

Date: March 16, 2009 18:55

Gotta tell you - I'm up for something fresh at this point. I mean, I don't think I can stomach another stadium tour. Things have gotten too big & there's so many layers to the performance (last time I saw them, Blondie Chaplin was playing an acoustic guitar...Blondie Chaplin! I go to a concert to see my 2 favorite guitarists in the world do what they do best, I don't want to see anyone else playing the guitar).

Anyway, sorry for the rant, but after seeing Ian McLagan rip it up for 2 hours a week ago with 4 people on-stage, I need some raw Stones...give me the core band w. a couple of horn players, put Mac back behind the piano, and play as many small theaters across the country as you can book. I guarantee they would absolutely blow people's minds. Oh, and let's forget Christina Agulera this time too, OK?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 16, 2009 18:59

SyracuseStonesFan
I guarantee they would absolutely blow people's minds.

is this a money-back guarantee? my mind will be blown or double my warhorses...sumthin like that?

Posted by: R ()
Date: March 16, 2009 20:03

These arguments are superfluous. The Stones don't deal in "high concept."

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: March 16, 2009 20:15

The corporate people in the crowd would not appreciate this concept and hence Jagger and Cohl would refuse to even consider it.
By the time they reach Shake Your Hips everybody but the hardcore fans would be screaming for Honky Tonk Women and Brown Sugar.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: March 16, 2009 20:55

Highly doubtful but it would be excellent.

CBII

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 17, 2009 02:02

no chance it will happen as a concert....but, it's a cool idea for a CD compilation....

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: March 17, 2009 02:40

All I have to do is dream

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 17, 2009 02:50

A compilation of Exile On Main Street. Do you mean live tracks from whatever sources? A compilation of Exile - that's FUNNY.

The Stones couldn't possibly pull such a thing off, playing all of Exile. Exile is not Some Girls. It would take them eons to get the discipline to do the songs right. Or breathe some life into them. They don't have that anymore. They proved that on the Bang tour by zonking through Sway - it was just half-assed. Charlie's said they tried playing Ventilator and it was awful.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 17, 2009 14:49

yeah...a compilation of live tracks from a variety of sources/concerts over the years....

Live Exile, Live Let it Bleed....whatever.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1538
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home