Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Everybody is talking about the new tour ,what about a new album?!?
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 11, 2009 16:32

skipstone
What tour.

good point. i'm not convinced there will be a next tour....however, i am pretty sure there will be one after that....

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: March 11, 2009 16:41

I'd love for the Stones to either do up a new album (without trying to be trendy) or maybe release some outtakes from recent albums... of course I want the vaults opened like anyone, but we must be realistic... either of those scenarios would satisfy me.

I'm not interested in another tour, unless it was somehow much more musically unique, or if they toured with the Who or the Kinks or another great big act that would make me more interested to see them again. I need to know it's not the glitter and warhorses as previously mentioned.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 11, 2009 16:49

Just saying, there's no official word. They've signed a contract, supposedly, to do 3 new records. I find the amount difficult to believe but then again they don't HAVE to do them either. I would think they're gonna do another album. Maybe not put so many songs on it hopefully since they only played half of a song from the last album on the last tour...

How many times can they haul their legacy around and be a cover band of themselves? Licks was one thing - they actually did something different. But if they're just gonna do the Hot Rocks warhorses and nothing new then forget it. I don't need to hear their since 1976 lame live version of JJF for the 70th time. I'll be content with a new studio album and hopefully some good reissues. Or not.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 11, 2009 17:02

Rickster
Why can't a tour happen without a new studio album. They did it in 2002-03 and it was a huge sucess.

Of course I am not complaning because the majority of people that go to see them want to hear the classics anyway.

Rickster, come on!!!! Is it really necessary that you remind them that they can get away with touring without any new stuff?

Posted by: socialdistortion ()
Date: March 11, 2009 18:23

Maybe they will tour behind A Bigger Bang!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 11, 2009 19:39

socialdistortion

Maybe they could tour behind any of the 'lost' albums: EMOTIONAL RESCUE, UNDERCOVER, DIRTY WORK, or why not even THEIR SATANIC MAJESTIES... grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-11 19:40 by Doxa.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: March 11, 2009 20:17

...Is really so difficult to make a new album?!It's really true:"What a drag it is getting old"...

P.S.Where are you,Keef?!Are you become "James Joyce"with your biography in caribbean Islands?!Come on,guy!!

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 11, 2009 21:00

Doxa
socialdistortion

Maybe they could tour behind any of the 'lost' albums: EMOTIONAL RESCUE, UNDERCOVER, DIRTY WORK, or why not even THEIR SATANIC MAJESTIES... grinning smiley

- Doxa

The idea to tour behind "old" albums is not new. Some years ago, I saw Chicken Shack on their IMAGINATION LADY tour (30 years after the album came out). They even used the album cover as their concert poster. However, they played only one song from the album (Daughter Of The Hillside). A lot of people were quite pissed off.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: March 11, 2009 21:05

Doxa
socialdistortion

- Doxa

That would be cool.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 11, 2009 21:09

alimente
They even used the album cover as their concert poster. However, they played only one song from the album (Daughter Of The Hillside). A lot of people were quite pissed off.

The Stones already know this formula - they could easily play behind DIRTY WORK and play barely "She Was Hot".... In fact, if we take ABB tour, taking the songs played in the concert, was there ANY concert where they played more songs from ABB than of any other album? I mean, I guess LET IT BLEED, STICKY FINGERS, EXILE ON MAIN STREET or SOME GIRLS were much well better presented than ABB...

- Doxa

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 12, 2009 03:07

skipstone
Just saying, there's no official word. They've signed a contract, supposedly, to do 3 new records. I find the amount difficult to believe but then again they don't HAVE to do them either.

First I've read of that anywhere. the details of their contract have not been made public. Considering theyve done three since Steel Wheels in 1989 and theyre in their mid 60's, that would rank as the most optimistic contract ever.

Date: March 12, 2009 04:27

Just going by what I saw here, hence the 'supposedly' part, as well as that article that can still be found on Google, which I believe is what was posted here.

Unless I am mistaken, that is.

Date: March 12, 2009 14:04

Cant recall that being posted here, mate. Unless it was just unfounded guesswork on someone's part.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 12, 2009 15:05

I thought I had heard the statement "up to three new releases" used in conjunction with the new deal. Possibly from RollingStone.com but I haven't bothered to check. That said, if that was the statement that doesn't guarantee studio albums. It could be Greatest Hits, Rarities, Live Greatest Hits, etc. simply new titles not previously issued for Interscope plus the back catalog going to Hip-O Records.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: March 12, 2009 15:10

IF (and that's a big IF) they put out another album, I would bet it would be a covers album, or maybe another Stripped-type thing. But I doubt we'd see either, and I'd bet the farm that ABB is their last proper studio album we'll even see of them. My hunch is that Mick has one or maybe two left in him, but that's it.

As for a tour, yeah, I can see Voodoo Lounge Part VIII, vegas-style cash grab.

Stripped-down tour? Back-to the roots album of new stuff? Fanboys pipe dreams.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: March 12, 2009 15:25

Ha ha. I think I was combining the original Virgin deal (which was 3 albums) with the Universal deal: "Universal said on Friday that the new deal covered both future albums by the Stones and their back catalog" according to [www.usatoday.com] as well as NME and ROLLING STONE and blah blah blah.

Date: March 12, 2009 17:57

Rocky Dijon
I thought I had heard the statement "up to three new releases" used in conjunction with the new deal. Possibly from RollingStone.com but I haven't bothered to check.

rs.com actually carries Stones news now that doesnt involve a merchandise plug? F**k me, I'll have to resubscribe.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: March 12, 2009 18:03

They could easily do three albums for that contract, one new one, one live album and another greatest hits...they've been doing that since 1966!

JR

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 12, 2009 18:07

stone-relics
They could easily do three albums for that contract, one new one, one live album and another greatest hits...they've been doing that since 1966!

JR
Well, they could go even better than that,
delete new album
replace with unreleased relics.
Seriously, I think the terms are likely to be pretty "fluid" - to suit both parties.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 12, 2009 20:47

Gazza, I meant RollingStone.com - Jann Wenner's site. RollingStones.com is still a glorified JC Penney's catalog.

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: March 12, 2009 21:11

im fed up with all these rumours.

there is no new tour and no new album.

and it dosent look like there ever will be.

i mean how much time do the stones actually need off.

its now nearly 19months since the last gig.

would they really need that amount of time off.

if they were contemplating touring or recording surely they would have started the ball rolling by now.

but they havent simply because there is nothing to report.

except rumours.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 12, 2009 21:18

Frankly, I enjoyed the bigger bang shows a lot more than I did the album.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 15, 2009 21:44

I thought that they were hitting the studio this March to rework the material that's left over.....and we all know they have a lot of left-over material. I had heard that they were going to L.A to record; this may have been postponed due to the failing worldwide economy. It could be that they were planning a 2009 tour that was to start in the fall, but now they decided not to rush things because their tour would not begin until 2010. A bit off topic, but WHY did Ronnie decide NOT to tour with Rod Steward? Was it Rod's decision because Ron is a liability right now?? I know we had several posts going on about this, and I do know Rod has his tour schedule set but it's not the Faces reunion that we were hoping for. If this is the case, this does not bode well for all of us awaiting a Stones tour announcement. Is Mick way too worried about Ronnie's physical and emotional state to risk a tour?? He must still consider Keith's condition as well. I don't see any of these major problems being resolved anytime soon, so this seems to be WHY things are on HOLD!

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: March 15, 2009 21:53

alimente
Doxa
socialdistortion

- Doxa

The idea to tour behind "old" albums is not new. Some years ago, I saw Chicken Shack on their IMAGINATION LADY tour (30 years after the album came out). They even used the album cover as their concert poster. However, they played only one song from the album (Daughter Of The Hillside). A lot of people were quite pissed off.

haha, thanks. anywat, Imagination Lady is cool.

Date: March 15, 2009 23:00

mickschix
I thought that they were hitting the studio this March to rework the material that's left over.....and we all know they have a lot of left-over material. I had heard that they were going to L.A to record;

First I've heard of it. There was nothing to substantiate that at all.

mickschix
this may have been postponed due to the failing worldwide economy. It could be that they were planning a 2009 tour that was to start in the fall, but now they decided not to rush things because their tour would not begin until 2010.

Probably correct. As I mentioned in the "are they touring in 2009..." thread a few hours ago, there were tentative plans to tour in 2009, but its now almost certain it will not take place until 2010.

mickschix
A bit off topic, but WHY did Ronnie decide NOT to tour with Rod Steward? Was it Rod's decision because Ron is a liability right now?? I know we had several posts going on about this, and I do know Rod has his tour schedule set but it's not the Faces reunion that we were hoping for.

Ronnie didnt decide anything of the sort, Rod rehearsed one day with the Faces (18th Nov 2008, the others had worked together on the 2 previous days) and then the rest of the band waited for him to get in touch regarding working together. They're still waiting. Mac thinks that basically he exploited the rumours of the reunion to boost publicity for his own tour. I dont think there was ever much chance of an actual Faces tour for several reasons - most of them involving a combination of the words "money" and "Rod Stewart".

mickschix
If this is the case, this does not bode well for all of us awaiting a Stones tour announcement. Is Mick way too worried about Ronnie's physical and emotional state to risk a tour?? He must still consider Keith's condition as well. I don't see any of these major problems being resolved anytime soon, so this seems to be WHY things are on HOLD!

Those would certainly be issues, but I'd imagine no new product plus the current uncertain state of the world economy would be contributing factors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-15 23:01 by Gazza.

Date: March 16, 2009 17:54

The state of the economy, no matter where in the world, has nothing to do with recording. What, like the Stones can't afford to record?! That's too funny. Maybe Ronnie can't afford to fly to wherever they are gonna record but certainly the 3 of them can.

And who said they are recording at all this year as it is? There is just nothing. Mick in LA? So what. He flies all over the place. Universal is - what exactly IS going to supposedly happen? What label is releasing what? Hipp-o or whatever is doing the reissues? Isn't there just Universal Records label? I know Island is part of it. So is Interscope? Who else? How many labels does a record label need? How many Rolling Stones does it take to change a light bulb? How many doctors does it take to get Keith Richards to stand up? etc...

Date: March 16, 2009 18:02

if roseanne rosanna-danna were here, she say to skipstone: "you sure ask alot of questions..."

Date: March 16, 2009 18:03

They are 'in theory' questions, not REAL questions. Like Emotional Rescue.

Date: March 16, 2009 18:11

oh, like rhetorical questions?

Date: March 16, 2009 18:27

Emotional Rescue isn't really a real song, it's more of a studio song, nothing you'd really write. So those are questions that aren't really questions, they're just forum questions, kind of presented in one way and one way only and will never be asked in any other way. Theorhetorical is more like it.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1813
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home