Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Everybody is talking about the new tour ,what about a new album?!?
Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: March 10, 2009 18:42

I would rather they go into the studio and record a new album first (going back to their "roots" - a blues album) and then make a new tour.

Re: Everybody is talking about the new tour ,what about a new album?!?
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: March 10, 2009 18:53

If a blues album would sound like a collection of "Back of My Hand" -like songs, then dread it!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 10, 2009 18:58

I doubt either will happen in 2009

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: March 10, 2009 18:58

Bjornulf,if you have any news, tell us something about it!!

Date: March 10, 2009 19:01

...A new Tour without a New Studio album,mmmh...I don't think that could happen...

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: March 10, 2009 20:04

mailexile67
...A new Tour without a New Studio album,mmmh...I don't think that could happen...

...it happened before!

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: March 10, 2009 20:38

Just guessing but.....

Even though they only played a small handful of "new" ABB songs on
the ABB tour......I still don't think they would tour without new songs.

And since we've been reading about Ronnie's shenanigans....none of which
have occurred in a recording studio with Keith...it does not look like there's
anything new on the horizon.

So...I'm not holding my breath for either. But, I guess there's a chance
that they'd put out another "rarities" type cd...a new "hits" complilation....
..or if we're really lucky, something similar to STRIPPED.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-10 20:39 by sweet neo con.

Date: March 10, 2009 21:23

I think that Mick has recorded some demos in L.A. studios...When the Stones wants,they're very quick to record,so I don't care about time,but about Keith and Ronnie health,here is the problem!!

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 10, 2009 21:38

Best thread in a long time... Because this topic deals with creativity, not with the the possibility of another huge multimillion dollars grossing mega event gigantic stage impressive lightshow and fireworks greatest hits tour.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 10, 2009 21:47

alimente
Best thread in a long time... Because this topic deals with creativity, not with the the possibility of another huge multimillion dollars grossing mega event gigantic stage impressive lightshow and fireworks greatest hits tour.

perhaps - but the only reason the stones would record a new album would be to justify one of those mega event thingies....cos that's where the money is...i don't think their creative juices drive them anymore - haven't really in several decades....

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 10, 2009 22:01

T&A
alimente

perhaps - but the only reason the stones would record a new album would be to justify one of those mega event thingies....cos that's where the money is...i don't think their creative juices drive them anymore - haven't really in several decades....

absolutely right - but it goes without saying that as a Stones fan, you cant expect a big meal anymore, so a handful of rice must do. an album with new songs is better than another greatest hits compilation, and it might even include a couple of songs I will really like. plus, it will bring the joy of endless discussions here on IORR and a never-ending flood of new threads.

what more can a veteran Stones fan like me ask for at this stage in their game?

Date: March 10, 2009 22:03

alimente
T&A
alimente

absolutely right - but it goes without saying that as a Stones fan, you cant expect a big meal anymore, so a handful of rice must do. an album with new songs is better than another greatest hits compilation, and it might even include a couple of songs I will really like. plus, it will bring the joy of endless discussions here on IORR and a never-ending flood of new threads.

what more can a veteran Stones fan like me ask for at this stage in their game?

unfortunately, nothing. please proceed....

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: March 10, 2009 22:07

T&A
alimente

I don't think that's necessarily true. Their love of being onstage drives them as well, and Mick still "needs" albums as a creative outlet.

Keith gives the impression of not being very creative lately, but we don't really know what he's been up to, maybe he'll surprise us.

Date: March 10, 2009 22:14

but it's pretty commonly accepted that if they aren't offered a bigtime payday to go on tour, they won't...so whatever love of being on stage there may be is tethered to a certain pricetag....money trumps all else with these guys....

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: March 10, 2009 22:26

I'd choose a new album over a tour nowadays. I don't care for the Vegas style tours, tired warhorses and butchered 'rarities' anymore. I'm still waiting on that last masterpiece. Chances are slim, I know...

Date: March 10, 2009 23:28

T&A
but it's pretty commonly accepted that if they aren't offered a bigtime payday to go on tour, they won't...so whatever love of being on stage there may be is tethered to a certain pricetag....money trumps all else with these guys....

Well, we assume that because they've been paid bigtime in the past. I think they'll be offered it again for this tour, but if not, I still think they want to tour and would do all that they could to make it work. We don't really know what its worth to them.

Date: March 10, 2009 23:30

TrulyMicks
T&A

Well, we assume that because they've been paid bigtime in the past. I think they'll be offered it again for this tour, but if not, I still think they want to tour and would do all that they could to make it work. We don't really know what its worth to them.

true - we don't...but it's a fair bet that without a pretty hefty payday, charlie wouldn't be interested. keith? he'd prolly still play for food....and it doesn't appear he even eats much.

Date: March 11, 2009 01:56

I wasn't thinking so much of Charlie as the others, but I think you are correct since he has always complained about touring. I hope they record some bluesy/country type music...something that would be fun to sing along to live.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: March 11, 2009 03:38

mr edward
I'd choose a new album over a tour nowadays. I don't care for the Vegas style tours, tired warhorses and butchered 'rarities' anymore. I'm still waiting on that last masterpiece. Chances are slim, I know...
agree with this %100..

Posted by: bam ()
Date: March 11, 2009 03:56

mr edward
agree with this %100..

Wow. I agree.

But what does that say about the Stones, if their rabid fans (who read this board) feel this way now.

Not that I have much hope, but it would be nice if Stones management or Chuck or somebody read this kind of thread, thought long and hard about what they do next, and the Stones change their direction.

But, sadly, that's just a fantasy.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: March 11, 2009 04:48

Stones fans are so jaded - how bout some naive unadularated WHOOPEE - YA YAY I CANT STAND Myself when the Stones dont TOUCH ME?, thrilled to be a fan man, comittment of the sort Bon Jovi, Bruce, and Aldo Nova still inspire?

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: March 11, 2009 05:34

Why can't a tour happen without a new studio album. They did it in 2002-03 and it was a huge sucess. Besides lets face it even if they do a new album they won't play much of it live anyway they proved that with a bigger bang. Of course I am not complaning because the majority of people that go to see them want to hear the classics anyway.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: March 11, 2009 06:02

Face it, they've always been about greed. If the money's there ,they'll tour. They'll soak us dry! But we'll love it!

Date: March 11, 2009 06:46

So cynical! I wish they would be challenged into cutting a brand new albumn - perhaps one with special guests / artists from their circle 40 yrs ago...
Marianne?!
winking smileyA tour w/o a new albumn would be just fine with me.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: March 11, 2009 08:04

A new album of new songs is a great idea, which has been discussed a lot on this board already.

I think the album should have priority over a tour because it should be easier to do for Keith and Ronnie, regarding their health issues.
But please no more loudness wars in mastering the album, which A Bigger Bang suffered from. Thanks.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 11, 2009 09:15

Remember that tour announcements are not at this time of the year. The last tours have been announced in May or even June and not before.

Though I really like the Bigger Bang album I would love to see a licks tour rather than having new songs. They have to many old ones never played before. I know I am dreaming but arena, club show tour would be my favourite.

For this time chances for a new tour are economically rather slim as nobody would risk a sponsorship.

Regarding new albums: do not forget that the last albums have not been a real success moneywise so they is no reason do realease one without a tour.

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: March 11, 2009 09:27

I don't think it is a go for a tour. There has been no word of it in the papers or radio. Who started this rumour. I would think they would tour when a new cd appears.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: March 11, 2009 14:14

bam

mr edward
agree with this %100..

Wow. I agree.

But what does that say about the Stones, if their rabid fans (who read this board) feel this way now.

Not that I have much hope, but it would be nice if Stones management or Chuck or somebody read this kind of thread, thought long and hard about what they do next, and the Stones change their direction.

But, sadly, that's just a fantasy.

The problem is that Stones fans never were the focus of their marketing. Which is sad, but understandable.

Date: March 11, 2009 16:27

Rickster
Why can't a tour happen without a new studio album. They did it in 2002-03 and it was a huge sucess. Besides lets face it even if they do a new album they won't play much of it live anyway they proved that with a bigger bang. Of course I am not complaning because the majority of people that go to see them want to hear the classics anyway.

sure they can do a tour sans new album....but i think they're very sensitive about the IDEA of becoming a nostalgia act (which, of course, they've long-since become anyway)...the "talk" at the outset of the ABB tour was typical - "we're gonna take these great new tunes on the road, blah, blah, blah...." we all know that's baloney at this point, but if it helps convince them that they are still a viable, working band, then so be it....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 11, 2009 16:28

What tour.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1841
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home