Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Lisa on tour with Tina Turner
Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 9, 2009 17:41

Went to Tina Turner last night at the O2 not my taste but the missus likes her. A bit MOR for me but a great JJF which segued into IORR and I noticed the backing vocalist was highlighted "thank you Lisa Fischer" says Tina.
She either likes to keep busy or likes the money...or both...and who can blame her? Nothing happening with the boys at the moment.

Re: Lisa on tour with Tina Turner
Posted by: CBII ()
Date: March 9, 2009 17:43

Once a musician, always a musician. Good for her!

CBII

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: March 9, 2009 18:45

i think lisa worked with tina before the stones - if im wrong im sure someone will say! smiling smiley

OLDKR

Date: March 10, 2009 18:06

Unfortunately Tina has flu and tomorrow (11th March) night's show at the O2 has been postponed to 3rd May.
[www.theo2.co.uk]

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: March 10, 2009 19:42

I saw her at the o2 4 times in the last week. Glad I decided to skip the 11th March gig now. She was brilliant, slightly slower than when I last saw her in 2000. Lisa's great finishing IORR. She apologised for having a cold on sunday night, you'd never have known from her vocals, but I saw her coughing after a few numbers. Only complaint was the crowd, people on the first 10 rows on the floor sitting down. I made the mistake of getting seats in the tiers one night, was forced to sit down for the entire 1st half, i complained and was upgraded to floor seats! At some parts it was like we were at the cinema, the couple next to me had a bag of Revels and never moved or clapped. It was rocking on the floor for the most part. If Tina can do it at 69 I'm sure Jaggers gonna have another go too! If you get chance go.

Posted by: Mr.Ed ()
Date: March 10, 2009 20:47

Any other "celebreties" in her band?

Mr.Ed

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 10, 2009 21:03

I had tickets for tomorrow - so now it's wait for the rescheduled show, which is a bit deja vu....

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 10, 2009 21:05

flairville
I saw her at the o2 4 times in the last week. Glad I decided to skip the 11th March gig now. She was brilliant, slightly slower than when I last saw her in 2000. Lisa's great finishing IORR. She apologised for having a cold on sunday night, you'd never have known from her vocals, but I saw her coughing after a few numbers. Only complaint was the crowd, people on the first 10 rows on the floor sitting down. I made the mistake of getting seats in the tiers one night, was forced to sit down for the entire 1st half, i complained and was upgraded to floor seats! At some parts it was like we were at the cinema, the couple next to me had a bag of Revels and never moved or clapped. It was rocking on the floor for the most part. If Tina can do it at 69 I'm sure Jaggers gonna have another go too! If you get chance go.

SAT DOWN ON THE FLOOR.............BLOODY PARTY POOPERS !

SC UK

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: March 10, 2009 22:52

SC UK (Dave!) Nearly as bad as that horrible bint who sat down throughout the entire Stones gig at the o2 on 26/8/07! A1 Row J and she was sat down, also threatened to get security if I jumped up and down.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1314
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home