Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: U2 on Letterman tonight...anyone see it ?
Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: March 6, 2009 01:58

I think the performances have been getting stronger each night... I'll Go Crazy is evidently a tough one to sing, but I think the band pulled it off admirably. All bets are on "No Line" for tonight, but I'd love to see them pull off Stand Up - the groove on that song is fantastic.

T

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 6, 2009 02:41

U2 to perform at Boston theater next week
Wed Mar 4, 2009 7:19pm EST
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - U2 will play a free show at a Boston theater next Wednesday, capping a whirlwind trek to three U.S. cities to promote its new album and upcoming world tour, the group's label said on Wednesday.

The Irish rockers' performance at the "historic" venue will be broadcast, as will one-hour interviews conducted in Los Angeles on Monday and Chicago on Tuesday.

U2's publicists did not return emails seeking the name of the venue, nor did FMQB Productions, which is producing the promotional trek. In its early days, U2 played at Boston's Orpheum Theater, which dates back to the 1850s.

The itinerary for the world tour, in support of its new album "No Line on the Horizon," will be announced on Monday. The album was released in the United States on Tuesday, and the band is currently in the middle of an unprecedented five-night engagement on CBS' "Late Show with David Letterman."

In Los Angeles, the band will talk about the album and play selected tracks at an event hosted by singer/actress Shirley Manson. In Chicago, U2 and Manson will host what was described as "a radio takeover hour." The Boston show will also include a question-and-answer session with the fans.

All three shows have a broadcast start time of 9 p.m. EST

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 6, 2009 03:54

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 6, 2009 04:34

sweetcharmedlife

In Los Angeles, the band will talk about the album and play selected tracks at an event hosted by singer/actress Shirley Manson.

Now that's a load of Garbage!

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: March 6, 2009 06:22

I've been loving it so far. They are sounding strong, and this provides a great preview for the tour.

Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: March 6, 2009 06:24

bassplayer617
I've been loving it so far. They are sounding strong, and this provides a great preview for the tour.

I second this!

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: March 6, 2009 07:40

Well, Tonight (Thursday) is interesting.....

AN INTERVIEW

BEAUTIFUL DAY

(go down to Joey Ramone Avenue/The Beatles on Ed Sullivan) - Bono gives us new lyrics, JR references everywhere......

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 6, 2009 08:34

I watched a tiny bit on YouTube ... IMO it sounded really boring.
All their songs today seem to have the exact same "sound"... same ambience as one another.
And the same as years ago... and I liked U2 a lot many years ago. I bought their very first single,
"I will follow". And all of their early albums.

U2 will appear LIVE tomorrow morning on ABC Good Morning America... BTW

Date: March 6, 2009 10:33

schillid
I watched a tiny bit on YouTube ... IMO it sounded really boring.
All their songs today seem to have the exact same "sound"... same ambience as one another.
And the same as years ago... and I liked U2 a lot many years ago. I bought their very first single,
"I will follow". And all of their early albums.

U2 will appear LIVE tomorrow morning on ABC Good Morning America... BTW

Yeah, I agree Schillid, I think they really f-ed up with this album. They should have made it a DOUBLE and thrown everything in there. It's 11 tracks long, should be about 28 or something, it's a boring album with a few good songs on it....

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: March 6, 2009 18:10

why are we talking U2, why are we talking U2. this could be the best website...
if he doesn't stop it we will not play anymore!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 6, 2009 18:42

jamesjagger
why are we talking U2, why are we talking U2. this could be the best website...
if he doesn't stop it we will not play anymore!

Beacause when was the last time the Stones made any new music.Or did anything newsworthy.Other than another Ronnie stint in rehab. At least U2.like them or not is in the forefront of music news these days. THAT'S why we're talking about them.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: socialdistortion ()
Date: March 6, 2009 19:17

They are BORING as hell

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 6, 2009 20:26

socialdistortion
They are BORING as hell

They are so freaking boring, so lifeless, so not rock'n'roll!!!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 6, 2009 22:09

From last night (Mar 5) Letterman

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: March 7, 2009 00:56

To bad they didn't play a new song but Beautiful Day rocks to. Funny how they played a bit more to the crowd today and didn't have any camera's between them and the audience.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: March 7, 2009 06:41

Love it. Look, I've enjoyed this band for many years, and while they've tripped in the wires once or twice, they have not been afraid to experiment.

Date: March 7, 2009 09:40

.... Satan love's a bomb scare/but he won't scare you... Damn straight, we know who this one is about. GREAT SONG with lines like that (but why did EDGE need to steal the guitar effect from DISCOTHEQUE - 1 time = unique/2 time = obvious...NEVER REPEAT YOURSELF !!!)

Posted by: squando ()
Date: March 7, 2009 10:43

I'm done with them cos it's just all sounding the same nowadays which is a shame.

And my 2 year old daughter could play more interesting bass than Adam Clayton. He does not even reach the level of mediocre. He is without a doubt the most lifeless, unexperimental, play it safe, note tapper ever.

His bass lines - if one must call them that - are always living safely in root note city.

I find it hard to believe no producer has ever made him get passed playing bass though he's still learning the instrument.

And as with all their albums since Achtung (perhap with the exception of All...behind) the album is dripping in heavy over production. Production seems to take the lead over song writing with them and there is an awful amount of pointless intros to songs that invariably lead to nothing of any content.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1348
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home