Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: U2 on Letterman tonight...anyone see it ?
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 3, 2009 22:57

"One of the most overrated bands of all time. They peaked with "I Will Follow"."

Ever tried Achtung baby?

One of the best albums of its genre?

And I aint a huge U2 fan. I just appreciate that there's a big wide world and plenty of NEW music to be heard!

"Time for Bono to chase the camera"

Unlike Jagger during SAL then eh.......

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 3, 2009 23:21

The camera chased Jagger on SAL, and I think it was a bit much as well, but Bono
chases the camera offstage to let everyone know he is saving the world.

Date: March 3, 2009 23:24

Yeah, we all know Bono can be a dick!

Not many bands do what U2 do after all this time. Over 30 years and still trying to create a new product.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 4, 2009 01:09

ablett
I don't get the griping.

its called penis envy. If hardly anyone bought their records or went to their concerts,most detractors wouldnt get so worked up. For some reason,instead of just being comfortable in their good taste in following the greatest band of all time, a lot of Stones fans get very insecure when other acclaimed or popular acts get mentioned favourably or do well for themselves (see The Beatles/ACDC/Springsteen/Led Zeppelin, etc)

The fact that so many people, for example, can get into an incandescent rage and spout utter shite about "boy bands" when a certain band from Liverpool who split up almost four decades ago gets a favourable mention speaks volumes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-04 01:11 by Gazza.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: March 4, 2009 01:13

WHY ARE WE TALKING ON TOPIC ABOUT OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 2.

I hate them, they have never played a bar chord or done anything close to ROCK 'n" Roll EVER.....I curse their second sons, if they even have any.....posh bash. exptorare, puke.... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

JR

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 4, 2009 01:17

Another sad example of " the xenophobic nature " of this board...

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 4, 2009 01:42

I thought that post was a bit funny,read it again, with a little room for humor.

Date: March 4, 2009 01:44

Hit it on the nail Gaz....

Date: March 4, 2009 02:13

Crazy, that people go overboard to hate them; makes me think it's not really hate. I'm no bu U2 fan, but I got to admit they are a tight band, have written tons of great songs, and are still going strong. I thought Adam Clayton rocked the Letterman set.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: March 4, 2009 02:29

The vitriol directed against U2 doesn't surprise me, but I like the band. Everyone has their opinions. One of my favorite boots is their performance from Nov 7,1987. Excellent sound. Samples of that tour are shown on the "Rattle and Hum" DVD. I love the Zoo TV tour VHS, and I also have the officially-released Live from Chicago DVD from the Vertigo tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-04 02:38 by bassplayer617.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: March 4, 2009 02:36

I saw them on Letterman. I thought it was a interesting song! Pertty hard to do live with all those lyrics and everything but they pulled it of. I liked it.

It's a shame indeed that a lot of people on this board react like children if they don't like there music and therefor have to say there terrible and all that. I never really liked most of Led Zeppelins music but i sure as hell acknowledge that there were huge and rightfully so.
I love the fact that U2 after all these years still try to put something different on there new cd's. If i like it or not is a totally different discussion.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 4, 2009 02:42

Well,the city of New York certainly seems to be rollin gout the red carpet for U2:

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg,and New York Council Speaker Christine Quin,are joined by members of the band U2,Adam Clayton, Bono, The Edge and Larry Mullen during a ceremony, Tuesday, March 3, 2009 in New York. A section of Manhattan's West 53rd Street was temporarily renamed after the veteran Irish rockers on Tuesday.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 4, 2009 05:04

That's what it was - how Bono was rushing the words out. It just seemed a bit odd. But hell, it is new. Imagine the Stones doing this - one night it would be 'This is a new one for ya called Rough Justice' and then the next four nights would be Sympathy For The Devil, Satisfaction, Brown Sugar and Jumpin' Jack Flash - all to promote the new album...

Screw the ZOO TV VHS - get the double DVD! It's excellent!

U2 on Letterman tonight....
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: March 4, 2009 07:17

Night 2 for U2 on Letterman..... on in about 15 minutes - I PREDICT !!! BLACK LEATHER JACKET and 3 inch heels for the front man....

Date: March 4, 2009 07:36

"MAGNIFICENT"...... You Tube should have it in about 20 minutes....

Posted by: JMoisica ()
Date: March 4, 2009 08:04

pretty cool song tonight i thought. The Edge has been on fire thus far, including some cool slide work

Date: March 4, 2009 09:02

It was great again

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: March 5, 2009 09:36

Wednesday Night

Disappointing, hope they do the excellent STAND UP COMEDY tomorrow since Friday is BOOTS live.....

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: March 5, 2009 15:59

Worst track on the new album, in my opinion.
Although I love "No Line On The Horizon" this is the one track I can't stand. Well, it was their decision to put it on the album, unfortunately I haven't been asked before...;-)

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 5, 2009 17:37

Wuudy
It was great again

I don't know if that was Magificent. But it was pretty damn good.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: March 5, 2009 22:34

Like them or not, at least they're out there having a go!

Unlike some.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 5, 2009 22:48

I think IGCTIIDGCT is actually pretty good. Has a "roll down your windows" while driving on the turnpike in warm weather feel to it.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: March 5, 2009 23:07

I am in no way a fan of U2, but the guitar work is good. There isn't a bit of damn noodling to be found - or waving at the crowd. Musicians playing there instruments - what a novel concept.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 5, 2009 23:11

Sorry for the U2 fans out here but I think U2 is the greatest concept band on the earth, I really don't here any difference between there first songs and the two videos I just saw

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: March 5, 2009 23:20

Agreed. Great guitar work indeed.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: March 6, 2009 00:25

Edge is a fantastic guitar player, great PR from the U2 management. Just imagine the Stones had done that with ABB. Each song a trainwreck? Or a great thing. I don't know...but for U2 it works, they are a cool band. Their songs all sound a bit the same to me, but I'd still go and see them live smiling smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 6, 2009 00:40

Lorenz,

Great point. If the Stones had introduced the new songs live on Letterman or even Leno as opposed to the NY School of Music? perhaps the public reception of ABB might have turned out differently. The Stones' premier of Rough Justice and Oh No Not You Again seemed timid. It was a strange setting.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 6, 2009 00:43

One one hand: this is "OT"; should be marked in the headline.

On the other hand: If ya saw them breakthru with a major Bang back in 1982
ya cannot forget them. Ridiculous to deny their greatness.

Date: March 6, 2009 01:19

It seems like Bono had a bit of problem with I'll Go Craxy.
Not my favorite track of the album either but I just love hearing them doing a new song live each night.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: slew ()
Date: March 6, 2009 01:35

Bono can be an ass but U2 is a stellar band and the guitar work is brilliant.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1562
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home