Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Are they touring in 2009 or 2010 or neither or never ever again ?
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 7, 2009 15:41

well if the market is open for bruce and u2 then why not the stones?are they afraid no one will go? do they lack the confidence of bruce and u2 to go out when times are tough?or are they just plain greedy?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 7, 2009 16:08

They don't need to. Not net. They made the most ever on the last tour. Why bother? They've toured a lot. Look at how much they toured for Voodoo, Bridges, No Security. From mid-late 1994 to 1995 they were on the road or in a studio. 1997-99 they toured 2 albums. They took a break, recorded some drivel and got back on the road in 2002-03. Year off and another live album. Bang came out, on the road for 18 million years between 2005-07.

It's only been - not even 2 years to the date since they played the last gig.

There's no news at all about the reissues, about a new record or a tour. So in one way nothing is good. But I'd love to see those reissues if they're gonna have anything different on them.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: March 7, 2009 16:15

melillo
well if the market is open for bruce and u2 then why not the stones?are they afraid no one will go? do they lack the confidence of bruce and u2 to go out when times are tough?or are they just plain greedy?

Good point, melillo.

However, the likes of Bruce and U2 have new material that they are confident enough to play before live audiences, and unless the Stones are willing to ditch the golden oldies shows and do likewise, then they may as well throw the towel in right now and put us all out of our misery.

Date: March 7, 2009 16:25

with the stones its the old the more things change the more they stay the same

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 7, 2009 16:45

Toss up - they gonna put out a new comp for the kick off of the reissues? They seem to begin/end contracts with comps.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 7, 2009 18:44

on a lighter note ........

If they DO tour, there'd better not be any more of this kind of thing ... wouldn't want any cancelled shows, now would we ?

Here's another one, think this one's been seen before

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: March 7, 2009 19:24

Some good points all around. The economic troubles are going to hurt all acts, The Boss and U2 included. Some think U2 are not touring the US and Canada until Autumn because of the economic crisis, and hopefully, the worst will be over by then.

If Mick, who we all know is not a dummy about economics, is thinking of touring then he must be factoring in the economy. I think it is 2010, if at all. If it is 2010, it will probably be the last time for the big all out tour. Realistically, how much longer can they -- at their age -- do be long tours. I'd guess after the next big tour, they'll just do some mini major market shows. The prices will be sky high and they'll play limited engagements like London, Paris, New York, LA, Berlin, etc.. These are place people with money will travel to and fork over serious money.

With this in mind, it is really time to open the vaults for at least some select concert cds. The money might not be there if they continue to not heed our clamouring.

That 72/3 unreleased audio clip with atwork a few weeks back looked great. I loved the torn and frayed concert bill on the wall cover.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 7, 2009 19:27

Thank you Pauly these vids are new to me thumbs up
Those Brits are merciless with our heroes.

Noticed they didn't dare attack Mr Elegance aka C.Watts smiling smiley

Date: March 7, 2009 20:26

socialdistortion
Of course Steel Wheels was a comeback tour!!!

So, Steel Wheelchairs is the next tour? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: bam ()
Date: March 7, 2009 20:53

I've seen Mick quoted over the years saying he saw no reason they couldn't keep playing into their 70's the way Muddy Waters and other blues greats did.

Frankly, I'd much rather see them get out on their stools and play than I would another "big" tour with a stage show.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 7, 2009 21:02

bam
I've seen Mick quoted over the years saying he saw no reason they couldn't keep playing into their 70's the way Muddy Waters and other blues greats did.

muddy died shortly after turning 70 and never really played much the last year or so of his life. wolf died at 66, as i recall...just as a point of clarification...

Date: March 7, 2009 21:24

bam

Frankly, I'd much rather see them get out on their stools and play than I would another "big" tour with a stage show.

<<< I'd much rather see them get out on their stools and play than I would another "big" tour with a stage show >>>

Yep, that's it. Here's hopin' .... !!

Posted by: bam ()
Date: March 7, 2009 22:03

muddy died shortly after turning 70 and never really played much the last year or so of his life. wolf died at 66, as i recall...just as a point of clarification...

Thanks for the correction.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: March 8, 2009 00:44

No one knows.
I hope they do something different.
If there's another forgettable ablum or Voodoo Lounge Tour Part Seven, I'm out.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: March 8, 2009 02:06

the reason i keep going lately is because iam afraid i will miss something groundbreaking, still waiting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-08 02:19 by melillo.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 8, 2009 04:00

deadegad
Some good points all around. The economic troubles are going to hurt all acts, The Boss and U2 included. Some think U2 are not touring the US and Canada until Autumn because of the economic crisis, and hopefully, the worst will be over by then.

If Mick, who we all know is not a dummy about economics, is thinking of touring then he must be factoring in the economy. I think it is 2010, if at all. If it is 2010, it will probably be the last time for the big all out tour. Realistically, how much longer can they -- at their age -- do be long tours. I'd guess after the next big tour, they'll just do some mini major market shows. The prices will be sky high and they'll play limited engagements like London, Paris, New York, LA, Berlin, etc.. These are place people with money will travel to and fork over serious money.

With this in mind, it is really time to open the vaults for at least some select concert cds. The money might not be there if they continue to not heed our clamouring.

That 72/3 unreleased audio clip with atwork a few weeks back looked great. I loved the torn and frayed concert bill on the wall cover.

no...its more likely because its an all-stadium tour and European stadiums are only available for about 3 months in the summer.

With most tickets at $90-95 and a declaration that there will be 10,000 tickets priced at $50 at EVERY gig, I dont think they'll have much trouble.

The economic crisis is hitting Europe just as bad as the US.

Date: March 8, 2009 06:31

Gazza
deadegad

no...its more likely because its an all-stadium tour and European stadiums are only available for about 3 months in the summer.

With most tickets at $90-95 and a declaration that there will be 10,000 tickets priced at $50 at EVERY gig, I dont think they'll have much trouble.

The economic crisis is hitting Europe just as bad as the US.

I do know of the economic crisis' effect Europe. During the Vertigo/HTDAAB tour U2 started in North American arenas, after they went to Europe, and then they returned to North America for more arenas in Autumn. I guess some thought that U2 might be delaying North America now do to the economy, and delay touring in general, then start in Europe during Summer while the Stadiums are available. Just the speculation being bandied about.

I know a lot of IORRers don't like U2, but the new disc is very good. Wish I could travel to Europe to see them. Thank god for the tapers!

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: March 8, 2009 07:52

paulywaul
Right ... wots goin' on ? Is it a mini extravaganza that starts in the fall of 2009, is it a final shitkicking global extravaganza lasting 50 years that kicks off in 2010, is it something else, is it neither ... which is it for gods sake ?

I need to know, there's too much confusion here an' I can't get no relief !!

Do we know, does ANYONE know ?

My goodness don't lose sleep over it> Get yourself together man. They will tour when they are ready.

Date: March 8, 2009 12:03

tippy2toes
paulywaul
Right ... wots goin' on ? Is it a mini extravaganza that starts in the fall of 2009, is it a final shitkicking global extravaganza lasting 50 years that kicks off in 2010, is it something else, is it neither ... which is it for gods sake ?

I need to know, there's too much confusion here an' I can't get no relief !!

Do we know, does ANYONE know ?

My goodness don't lose sleep over it> Get yourself together man. They will tour when they are ready.

Thank you o thank you for your worldly advice. Now that I've completed the latest course of anti-depressants, I shall indeed try and get some sleep. O wail ... the pain and the agony of not knowing ........ !!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 8, 2009 14:46

They will tour when they are ready.
Sure, we have an economic crisis and a recession (but not a depression - yet).
But you know the commentators always quote "the worst sine 1992...the worst since 1974 etc.." so we have been here before.
I don't remeber the Stones schedule ever been affected by economics before.
The only difference now is the INFLATED price of tickets in relative terms, and of course some people will have a lower ceiling now in terms of what they are prepared to pay.
Going to a concert is not the same consideration as getting a mortgage..or replacing that car.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 8, 2009 16:03

Pack your bags. Save up your money. They will be on later this year, because they found out people need entertainment during the financial chaos. The schedule is still TBD, probably not the usual one, may be Asia first.

Bjornulf

Date: March 8, 2009 16:17

bv
Pack your bags. Save up your money. They will be on later this year, because they found out people need entertainment during the financial chaos. The schedule is still TBD, probably not the usual one, may be Asia first.

Bjornulf !! It's SUNDAY for heavens sake. Are you sure this is a good day of the week on which to be saying things like this ? Sunday is supposedly a day of rest !! How much rest am I going to get now ... jumping up and down to the Ya Yas version of Rambler at full volume and simultaneously trying to devise a cunning plan for avoiding work at all costs later in the year ? So is this true, or are you just getting in practice for April Fools Day ? Speak to us ... we implore you !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-08 16:19 by paulywaul.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 8, 2009 18:10

bv,
thank you for your words on this!
time to get ready, financially, if at all possible, sounds great!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 8, 2009 18:23

UP JUMPED THE DEVIL!!!!!!!! Thanks BV. Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 8, 2009 18:25

Already started saving my dough for this.
Hope it ain't no false alarm, though.

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: March 8, 2009 18:26

Let's do it ....one more time!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 8, 2009 18:26

angee
bv,
thank you for your words on this!
time to get ready, financially, if at all possible, sounds great!

F*ck getting ready. I'll loan money in the bank. TO THE HILT!!!!! Hope they come to Denmark and Lithuania.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: phd ()
Date: March 8, 2009 18:47

Sounds good. Thanks, BV. Do I have still money left !!!! Waiting Europe Summer 2010. Before it looks terribly risky.

Date: March 8, 2009 18:55

I need some Stones entertainment! I like the idea of starting in Asia because it gives me time to save some money before they come my way.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 8, 2009 19:36

Edith Grove
Already started saving my dough for this.
Hope it ain't no false alarm, though.

Your reply was two hours after Bjornulf's post and you're saving already? LOL

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1051
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home