Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: J Geils Reunion Show
Posted by: saturn57 ()
Date: February 22, 2009 15:37

Wuudy
Great foto's and video!

I embarrassed to say that I don't have any J. Geils band albums and I'm not that familiar with there music. Of course I know Centrefold but that's really commercial and I don't think that it does them justice. After listening to some clips on youtube they're like a lost diamond for me, they play some awesome R&R with a great harp. Can anyone recommend me some must have albums of them?
Thanks!

"Live" Full House is a must. Follow this with The Morning After & the Self-titled debut. Nightmares is also very good.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 22, 2009 15:48

1999 Lookin for lovin

Seriously, If this band decided to hit the road it would do the whole country well.

It's a shot in the arm that is needed.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: February 22, 2009 19:26

J Geils Band-1982-07-11-Torino, Italy (Opening For The Rolling Stones)
[rapidshare.com]

Posted by: batcave ()
Date: February 22, 2009 20:28

The show is up on dimeadozen.....

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: February 22, 2009 21:04

Wuddy,

Get Sleepless for J. geil's Peter Wolf. It came out in 2003, is 5 star, and Mick is on one song and Keith another....

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: February 23, 2009 03:50

Thanks, Saturn57 and Inopeng!
I will het those albums. I'm looking forward to it!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: February 23, 2009 04:23

Someone reviewing Sleepless wrote that the song with Mick, Nothing But The Wheel, is Exile quaility. It is!

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: February 23, 2009 10:02

baxlap
Glad to hear it. I saw one of the '99 shows in 105 degree heat at Nissan Pavilion in Bristow, VA. There were maybe 1,000 people in a place that holds 23,000, but they just about blew the roof off the joint! Maybe this time around, they'll play more appropriate venues.

BTW, who's in the band these days? Last time around, it was all of the originals, except Stephen Jo Bladd. Sim Cain from Rollins Band subbed for him.

Baxlap,
I was at that show, too. From the third row, I remember thinking tha Wolf was the 2nd best frontman I'd ever seen, after Mick of course. They also did one of my favorites, One Last Kiss. Was so hot and humid, though, but they cooked. Too bad it was so poorly attended, remember the local radio station was trying to give tix away for free. Hope they do a "club tour" sometime.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 23, 2009 15:35

Saw 'em on the Sanctuary tour at the Fox Theatre - WOW! "One Last Kiss" was/is a great song. Very energetic. Would love to see 'em again (opening for the Stones in 2009/2010?).

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: February 23, 2009 16:25

A truly passionate band. They always put on a great show.

I had the pleasure/honor of promoting one of the shows on their Freeze Frame Tour in Rochester, NY. They could not have been nicer to deal with. They had the #1 single in the US at the time and they were more humble and gracious than any other band I had worked with.

I certainly hope they tour. I heard the 1999 tour was a disaster as far as ticket sales go, as they were booked in 15,000 seat venues. I'd like to see them do huge clubs and some 3000 seat venues.

A truly great band.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 23, 2009 17:24

Elmo Lewis
Saw 'em on the Sanctuary tour at the Fox Theatre - WOW! "One Last Kiss" was/is a great song. Very energetic. Would love to see 'em again (opening for the Stones in 2009/2010?).

Elmo we don't want them opening for the Stones. They blew them away on many a day back then. Don't want it to happen again.....But a JGB theatre tour would be great.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 23, 2009 17:31

sweetcharmedlife
Elmo we don't want them opening for the Stones. They blew them away on many a day back then. Don't want it to happen again.....But a JGB theatre tour would be great.

Saw them many times and love em, including opening for the Stones in San Diego in 1981. I will say that J. Geils is much better suited to theatres, and smaller venues. They do not perform well in stadiums. They need a more intimate setting for fans to let loose in.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 23, 2009 17:59

Holy @#$%&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had no idea this show was even planned.
This thread absolutely makes my day, my week, and perhaps my year.
Bring them on, anytime, anywhere. The best live band ever.

Brush your teeth with rock and roll!
Thanks.

Damn, I am really happy.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: February 24, 2009 17:12

U2Stonesfan
J Geils Band-1982-07-11-Torino, Italy (Opening For The Rolling Stones)
[rapidshare.com]

new link
[www.bostonmonkey.net]

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1506
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home