Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Interview with Mick Taylor of The Rolling Stones at Montsalvat, Victoria by Gary Hyde, Ep 618. Broadcast 1st March 1973.
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: February 13, 2009 13:15

Interview with Mick Taylor of The Rolling Stones at Montsalvat, Victoria by Gary Hyde, Ep 618. Broadcast 1st March 1973.

Re: Interview with Mick Taylor of The Rolling Stones at Montsalvat, Victoria by Gary Hyde, Ep 618. Broadcast 1st March 1973.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 13, 2009 13:27

Thanks open G!I was 13 then,wish I could turn back the clock...

Re: Interview with Mick Taylor of The Rolling Stones at Montsalvat, Victoria by Gary Hyde, Ep 618. Broadcast 1st March 1973.
Posted by: GNAT ()
Date: February 13, 2009 15:04

He seems like he's in a bad mood. Good interview, though.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 13, 2009 15:13

Seems quite pensive, frustrated and a bit aloof?

Interesting though....

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 13, 2009 15:21

Jesus. Can he talk?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: GNAT ()
Date: February 13, 2009 15:29

You have to remember that once he left the Stones, he became twice the man he was here.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 13, 2009 15:53

let's not forget he's now hooked on drugs...
didn't seem too aloof or bad mood to me..?

Date: February 13, 2009 15:54

Tut, tut.... I hope your not suggesting what I think your suggesting

Date: February 13, 2009 15:54

"let's not forget he's now hooked on drugs..."

Is he?

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: February 13, 2009 15:58

As he says, already in 1973 he wanted to music by himself with other musicians - he felt frustrated by the group thing. Probabaly he is not fit into a group, but more to be / play by himself.
Which he then did when he left the Stones a couple of years later.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 13, 2009 17:34

THANKS...I think he sounded great and looked great.. tO ME HE DIDN'T SOUND IN A BAD MOOD or frustrated--he sounded, just honest...I respect him even more because he sounded and talked with great confidence.. he was very clear, (not drunk or stoned? no bull...
Being so young starting in a band i can see why he wanted to try something on his own in 1975. Sad that he felt he had to quit the Stones to do that...As charlie Watts said he could have gone out and played with other guys without leaving the Stones...Well what is done is done! Rock on.

Posted by: magee mineko ()
Date: February 13, 2009 18:13

Thank you open G!

Mick Taylor visits Japan in April.
I am looking forward very much.
I want to kiss clinging to him.

[www.myspace.com]

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: February 13, 2009 18:27

Why do you ask if he can talk? He's shy, for sure, but articulate and interesting.

Date: February 13, 2009 19:05

Did you do that artwork Mineko?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 13, 2009 19:09

Thank you

Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: February 13, 2009 19:41

I just love Mick Taylor!

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: February 14, 2009 00:19

JumpingKentFlash
Jesus. Can he talk?

Yes, and he's a lot more eloquent - both musically and verbally - than you will ever be.

- Thanks for posting this, OpenG.

Date: February 14, 2009 00:28

ablett
"let's not forget he's now hooked on drugs..."

Is he?

What a load of nonsense, Mrs Rigby. You should be ashamed of yourself.

As for him being aloof, yes he can come across like that. It's not so much what he says but his tone and non verbal communication seem to suggest he finds it a tad boring to be subjected to the same questions from journalists.
Look at the way he raises his left eyebrow after the interviewer brings up the John Lennon quote and asks Taylor for his comment.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-14 00:46 by Lightnin'.

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: February 14, 2009 00:44

hot stuff
THANKS...I think he sounded great and looked great.. tO ME HE DIDN'T SOUND IN A BAD MOOD or frustrated--he sounded, just honest...I respect him even more because he sounded and talked with great confidence.. he was very clear, (not drunk or stoned? no bull...
Being so young starting in a band i can see why he wanted to try something on his own in 1975. Sad that he felt he had to quit the Stones to do that...As charlie Watts said he could have gone out and played with other guys without leaving the Stones...Well what is done is done! Rock on.

yup absolutely agree. He sounded great. I thought that was a fascinating insight into what has been such an enigmatic personality . . .

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: February 14, 2009 05:38

Thanks so much for posting this, Open G.

I usually like listening to Taylor's substantive interviews. This fluffier interview has its oddities.

"H/We played a different kind of music" vs. "I always thought of it as an extension of what I was doing with Mayall" Hunh?

Attributing _some_ of the difference between the Bluesbreakers and Stones to the lighting is amusing.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: February 14, 2009 15:15

Cool interview, I dig it. Nothing really strange with it, either.

Date: February 14, 2009 15:26

GNAT
You have to remember that once he left the Stones, he became twice the man he was here.
And also remember the Stones became half the group when he left the Stones.

Date: February 15, 2009 21:41

Amsterdamned

grinning smiley Good point, Amsterdamned. They lost at least 50 % of the magic, maybe more.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 15, 2009 23:05

He is smart guy a nice guy and he know's how to play the guitar... if they would give him more credit and "more" songs to write he stayed with the Stones till the 80ties

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 15, 2009 23:19

Lightnin'
Amsterdamned

grinning smiley Good point, Amsterdamned. They lost at least 50 % of the magic, maybe more.

Nah, the Stones were already Magical before MT joined the band, and that is a simple truth. MT definitely was a good addition, a great one, but there has always been a synergy about the Stones, and they also have done well without MT, definitely was no dependency on him.

I wonder if MT can honestly say he has created signature music on his own, if he claims he has met and exceeded his own expectations as a solo artist?????

Date: February 15, 2009 23:35

With Brian Jones the Stones started and that was magic.

With Taylor the magic continued in a different way,that I liked even more.

As a selling act they did very well with Ron Wood.

MT solo career has nothing to do with this subject.

Date: February 16, 2009 00:47

"Lightenin" get back in yer box.

Flash was making a passing comment and I gave my single opinion on his tone. Thats all, no big deal. Now get of yer high horse!!

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: February 16, 2009 00:58

Mick doenst seem that happy in this interview...

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 16, 2009 01:13

BV is gonna get after u for a thread title that is so long, wipes some of mine out all to hell

get drunk, as per the other thread!!

p

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: February 16, 2009 01:16

Lightnin'
JumpingKentFlash
Jesus. Can he talk?

Yes, and he's a lot more eloquent - both musically and verbally - than you will ever be.

Ditto

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1549
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home