Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Out Of Tears
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 5, 2009 03:10

Just seriously listened to this all the way through for the first time in years - was struck by how good it was.

IMHO, it should be on the level with "Wild Horses" and "Angie" as legendary Stones ballads.

I'll be ducking for cover now, but I mean it.

Re: Out Of Tears
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 5, 2009 03:37

a potentially decent ballad ruined by the mickster - a specialty of his in the modern era

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: February 5, 2009 03:40

T&A
a potentially decent ballad ruined by the mickster - a specialty of his in the modern era

my word!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 5, 2009 03:44

Agree with T&A...really liked it at first, but there's something about Jagger's vocals that makes me feel like I'm in a fancy jeans-store....the mirrors and the music are trying to seduce me into spending money; and they succeed - but when I come home...I realise that the expensive jeans are a-looking ridiculous....and I won't ever wear them

Posted by: silverstones69 ()
Date: February 5, 2009 03:49

Elmo Lewis
Just seriously listened to this all the way through for the first time in years - was struck by how good it was.

IMHO, it should be on the level with "Wild Horses" and "Angie" as legendary Stones ballads.

I'll be ducking for cover now, but I mean it.

Don't duck Elmo - a perfectly worded review of such a wonderful Stones ballad.

Mick & Ronnie are standouts on this perfect track & I really like the production sound it has also. Great video clip too - one of their best.

Absolutely on par with the above mentioned classics.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: February 5, 2009 03:51

>Don't duck Elmo - a perfectly worded review of such a wonderful Stones ballad.

I'll third that emotion. Not sure why anyone would have trouble w/Mick's vocals here, I think they're perfect.

Date: February 5, 2009 03:58

Erik_Snow
Agree with T&A...really liked it at first, but there's something about Jagger's vocals that makes me feel like I'm in a fancy jeans-store....the mirrors and the music are trying to seduce me into spending money; and they succeed - but when I come home...I realise that the expensive jeans are a-looking ridiculous....and I won't ever wear them

i'd prolly agree with the analogy if i'd ever been in one of these stores...(i worry about you sometimes, erik)

Date: February 5, 2009 04:00

Glam Descendant

I'll third that emotion. Not sure why anyone would have trouble w/Mick's vocals here, I think they're perfect.

if you like over-the-top, over-enunciated, nausea-inducing singing - this is definitely the song for you!

angie and wild horses are embarrassed to be mentioned in the same sentence!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-05 04:05 by T&A.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: February 5, 2009 04:06

>if you like over-the-top, over-enunciated, naseau-inducing singing

I'd say that reaction is more "over-the-top" than Mick's vocals but to each his own. What this has to do with the Nepalese Association in Southeastern America though is beyond me lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-05 07:47 by Glam Descendant.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 5, 2009 04:09

One of their better later day ballads. I find nothing wrong with Mick's singing, he sounds great on this track! Some great piano as well.

Date: February 5, 2009 04:11

Glam Descendant
>if you like over-the-top, over-enunciated, naseau-inducing singing

I'd say that reaction is more "over-the-top" than Mick's vocals but to each his own.

i get a little emotional at times about these things; it's only because i care.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 5, 2009 04:12

GREAT post Glam!! You rock!

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: February 5, 2009 04:21

i did the same thing with "already over me"a few weeks ago---allways thought it was great but with headphones and a few mickeys it was supreme!! don't know if they could "craft" another classic power ballad like this again---also dug "laugh i nearly cried" from ABB----the best thing on that lp IMO....

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Posted by: martingo ()
Date: February 5, 2009 04:21

I'm with you, elmo.

If it had come out 20 years earlier, it would be considered a classic.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: February 5, 2009 04:26

I like this song. a great example of Mick capturing a vurnrability. Weather or not he drew on something from his life for the inspiration for the lyrics it doesn't matter because the feeling is genuine.

Date: February 5, 2009 04:32

It is a good song but Erik is dead right. There is something that wants your PIN number in that song..

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 5, 2009 05:51

How the hell does it get ruined by Mick?....The fact that it's is best vocal and lyrics in many years?....I love this tune. Always have,always will. I know StonesTod would love this song. If their was only some chance we could bring him back.thumbs down

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: cc ()
Date: February 5, 2009 06:07

one of his better lyrics, definitely not a good vocal. Overall a very nicely written and arranged song, one that keeps unfolding, but the main melody line lets it down--a bit simplistic--"la da dee... la da da..."--so it reminds you of the many recent "moon/spoon/June" songs mick has tossed off.

Date: February 5, 2009 06:15

sweetcharmedlife
How the hell does it get ruined by Mick?....The fact that it's is best vocal and lyrics in many years?....I love this tune. Always have,always will. I know StonesTod would love this song. If their was only some chance we could bring him back.thumbs down

i have a note here from ST - he agrees the Erik. a fact, you say? like it's a fact you are infatuated with stonesbreath?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 5, 2009 06:27

T&A
sweetcharmedlife

i have a note here from ST - he agrees the Erik. a fact, you say? like it's a fact you are infatuated with stonesbreath?

He agrees the Erik?....I might agree with you..... If only I knew what language you were speaking....On second thought. Maybe it's better if I don't....Because you are the only person who spends more time on here than I do.sad smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: February 5, 2009 11:31

T&A

Yep, it's a beautiful melody, ruined by a forced - overambitious - vocal. Turns a potential angel into an ordinary craftsman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-05 11:33 by Greenblues.

Date: February 5, 2009 11:38

guitars sound cool, but that pianosound is terrible! and those string arrangements? naaaaaa....
and i just dont believe what mick is singing!it sounds "acted"...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-05 11:40 by guitarbastard.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 5, 2009 15:25

lunar!!!
i did the same thing with "already over me"a few weeks ago---allways thought it was great but with headphones and a few mickeys it was supreme!! don't know if they could "craft" another classic power ballad like this again---also dug "laugh i nearly cried" from ABB----the best thing on that lp IMO....

Yeah, I love "Already Over Me" too. Damn, there's actually some Stones fans on here!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: February 5, 2009 15:29

already over me is a great tune!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 5, 2009 15:30

T&A
Glam Descendant

if you like over-the-top, over-enunciated, nausea-inducing singing - this is definitely the song for you!

angie and wild horses are embarrassed to be mentioned in the same sentence!

Gimme a break. Out Of Tears is just as good as Wild Horses. It's just a crying shame that some people have a blockade in their head, telling them that it's impossible to make a new classic song after 1981.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 5, 2009 15:58

A fantastic song! A great sequel to Almost Hear You Sigh. I love it, but then I love every friggin song on Voodoo Lounge! LOL

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 5, 2009 16:02

Out Of Tears is as dull as dishwater.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 5, 2009 17:51

Mick: We're gonna do a new song for ya from our new album called - Ronnie - what's the new album called? Out Of Tears - this one's called Voodoo Lounge...

Eh, almost all of their ballads are better than Angie. He sings Angie so overdone and with a slight leer. It's awful.

Out Of Tears is a great ballad. Ronnie's solo is fantastic.

Date: February 5, 2009 18:00

guitarbastard
guitars sound cool, but that pianosound is terrible! and those string arrangements? naaaaaa....
and i just dont believe what mick is singing!it sounds "acted"...

over-wrought. affected. i could come up with more pejorative adjectives if these aren't sufficient.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 5, 2009 18:12

skiptone:

Yeah, I guess we have to take each song for what its worth because nothing compares to "Let it Loose".

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2050
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home