Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9
Re: OT-Springsteen on the Super Bowl
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: February 2, 2009 20:32

I don't think it's fair to pull any half time show apart because of the time they have to prepare. I know they are well rehearsed and everything but the stage is set up in moments and the sound is just , well as it is, no time for crowd warm ups etc so just to go straight in cold is quite a hit and miss thing to do. If the sound isn't quite right or the crowd aren't really into it , well i think it's bound to be. All the half time bands who have hit it really good I think have to have had some sort of luck on their side.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 2, 2009 20:36

Living proof that most rockers age gracefully.

Pretty soon he will be sitting on that stool wiping a tear from his eye talking about how "Hip Hop Abs" changed his life forever!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 2, 2009 20:41

hbwriter
the boss girls really get their panties in a wad over their guy, huh? i thought those days were done back around nebraska--guess not

for all his mouthing off though it'd be fun to see bruce debate someone with counter views to the political drivel that's become so much a part of his schtick- but he and the al gores of the world will never do it--would require backbone--and oh yeah--facts smiling smiley

but they'll sure abuse their one-sided pulpit when they see fit

And you don't have an agenda at all do you?

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: February 2, 2009 20:49

hbwriter

for all his mouthing off though it'd be fun to see bruce debate someone with counter views to the political drivel that's become so much a part of his schtick-
As I stated I'm not a Bruce fan, so I don't know all that he's done. What political drivel are you talking about? The 41 shots? Being a NY'er, that's the only thing I remember reading in the press. The cops were pissed at him?

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: February 2, 2009 21:04

Only downer at Bruce's super bowl set would be that I miss the cute chicks that The Rolling Stones always bring to the front rows at their filmed concerts.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: February 2, 2009 21:14

I'm not into hearing political speeches at concerts myself...but he's an American, just as Bill O'Rieley. People use different avenues to get their message across.
I can comment on the 41 and later in NYC history 50 shots. Being a Bronx resident, I took a ride over to Wheeler ave, the 41 shots incident.
You would be shocked to see how close the cops were to Amadou Diallo, the vestibule he was in while being shot 41 times, could not fit more the two Mick Taylors in it. (Trying to be a little comical in a serious thread)Those cops all should be in jail!

I also may be biased against NYC cops due to the fact, when I was SEVEN years old, not one but two cops pulled their guns at me and pointed them at me telling me to put my hands in the air.

Just like musicians, some cops are great and some suck, unfortunately, the ones that suck don't get fired or do jail time. Kind of like divorce, it's cheaper to keep them on the force instead of fire them and face law suits.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 2, 2009 21:18

The Stones
Only downer at Bruce's super bowl set would be that I miss the cute chicks that The Rolling Stones always bring to the front rows at their filmed concerts.

Did you miss that hottie with bodacious rack wearing a red top with spaghetti straps? They panned in on her at least twice.

Posted by: perosand ()
Date: February 2, 2009 22:28

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: February 2, 2009 22:30

Can't you yanks just have a pie and a pint at half-time like the rest of the world?

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 2, 2009 22:38

Can't you yanks just have a pie and a pint at half-time like the rest of the world?
------

best line of this entire thread--thank you, Barn Owl

Posted by: GeneGenie ()
Date: February 2, 2009 22:51

I hate that he felt compelled to play an unworthy new song from a pretty disappointing album, but hey he has to sell records and I bet he did after that performance. I couldn't ask for a better half-time show. After Petty and Springsteen, I almost have that awful taste of the Stones unfortunate Super Bowl appearance completely washed from my pallet.

Date: February 2, 2009 23:19

sweet neo con
I'm not the one saying that others' opinions are irrelevant...you are.
awww...... : ( whatsamatter neoHEN???, you can dish it out, but you cant take it?
typical posts from you, oh well, I will leave you to your bashing, it is hopeless,,,,bye bye now.

Posted by: Jatimmer ()
Date: February 2, 2009 23:26

Bruce did a heck of a job. I'm obviuosly biased towards the Stones so I asked my wife what she thought....she said that the Boss blew the Stones away. I said maybe a bit but Mick Jagger would NEVER pull the antics that Bruce did last night....I mean come on....that intro was weird and he changed the lyrics....something the Stones would never do!!!

Date: February 2, 2009 23:44

Jatimmer
Bruce did a heck of a job. I'm obviuosly biased towards the Stones so I asked my wife what she thought....she said that the Boss blew the Stones away. I said maybe a bit but Mick Jagger would NEVER pull the antics that Bruce did last night....I mean come on....that intro was weird and he changed the lyrics....something the Stones would never do!!!

They wouldn't? You don't remember let's spend some time together? Or the fact that when they play Sympathy now they skip the line "who killed the kennedys"?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: February 2, 2009 23:57

They wouldn't? You don't remember let's spend some time together? Or the fact that when they play Sympathy now they skip the line "who killed the kennedys"?
----

stones hater! stones hater! sound the alarm! smiling smiley

like those things are the same--man. will you bruceientologists give it a rest?

and hey, when is the Patti Scialfa greatest hits cd coming out?

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: February 3, 2009 00:09

I'm a big Springsteen fan (the early stuff, anyway, the rest of it is hit and miss), I've seen him twice in concert and loved it both times, but I thought the Super Bowl performance was campy and terrible.

Everything he and the band said to the audience ("put your chicken fingers down" "its boss time," etc.) seemed like it had been written by a third grader, and the crotch slide into the camera was beyond embarassing. Musically, the sound mix was terrible and the band seemed way off. I watched the halftime show with a room full of 20-somethings and the universal reaction was wow, this is godawful. I have to say I agreed.

Posted by: GeneGenie ()
Date: February 3, 2009 00:12

Jatimmer

Don't forget the little strategic edit of "Some Girls" on SHINE A LIGHT. It would be downright ridiculous to refer to me as a Stones hater, but I think even Prince's Super Bowl performance was better than the Stones. That said, much of the Stones debacle was due to the poor sound mix, and the fact that that just ain't their thing. Asking a band like that to play the Super Bowl is like asking KISS to contribute a song to the next VEGGIE TALES DVD. In the band's defense, at least they left Christina Aguilera and Brittney Spears at home.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-03 00:15 by GeneGenie.

Date: February 3, 2009 00:16

genegenie--nobody will call you a stones hater in any seriousness--that's a spoof of how liberally brucientologists toss out the term "bruce hater" at the mere drop of any criticism--pawns rallying around their devout leader

Posted by: rsk45 ()
Date: February 3, 2009 00:19

the best half time show since Aerosmith. He left the Stones in his shawdow

Posted by: beatbabe ()
Date: February 3, 2009 00:24

Ah Man, forget about the Half time show. The commercials were really the bomb!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: February 3, 2009 00:51

hbwriter
genegenie--nobody will call you a stones hater in any seriousness--that's a spoof of how liberally brucientologists toss out the term "bruce hater" at the mere drop of any criticism--pawns rallying around their devout leader

hb did you have a dirty uncle named bruce that traumatized u or somethin? eye rolling smiley

me not too very impressed with the half time show but always good to see bruce...yeh a little too vegas shmaltz in this blurb but a lot of peeps dug it obviously...the inevitable comparisons are unfortunate but expected and no i don't think bruce or anybody left the Stones in their dust so to speak...(tho bruce's career arc and output of unreleased 'tracks' and such is a great great model imo; love to see more Stones get out of the can and into our hands...

most peeps i know hated the Stones broadcast and it DID sound shitty over most TV's...i liked it; i listen to TV thru my stereo with subwoof anyway...BUT someone here posted a Euro feed of it and the mix was spectacular, nothing was censored and they were at their sloppy Best and really going for it. personally i loved it.!! tongue sticking out smiley i'm a bit the diehard tho.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-03 00:59 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: February 3, 2009 00:52

bassplayer617
Bruce blew the Stones' halftime show out of the water -- sorry, folks, but it's true.

thats not saying much though is it ?

Prince shit on em both

Date: February 3, 2009 01:09

hb did you have a dirty uncle named bruce that traumatized u or somethin?

---

nope--just the banal drone of the local brucientologists

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 3, 2009 01:23

I thought it was very high energy, well done but I also hate the comparisons....apples to pears!! I did notice Bruce had difficulty singing at first, he seemed to shout or talk the lyrics, and YES Mick does that too but I just noticed that he seemed to be struggling at first. He has a great band, and no big flubs. I totally enjoyed it and I heard a few comparisons made at my party between Bruce and the Stones but they were doing it to taunt me. I ignored them....well, if you call dumping beer on the culprits head IGNORING . Just joking!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 3, 2009 01:37

Loudei
I admit I got some goose bumps - exciting stuff.

Me too, and I don't even like Bruce. I liked him last night for 12 minutes, though.

Date: February 3, 2009 02:54

hbwriter
----

stones hater! stones hater! sound the alarm! smiling smiley

like those things are the same--man. will you bruceientologists give it a rest?

and hey, when is the Patti Scialfa greatest hits cd coming out?

Sorry didn't mean to let the facts get in the way of yet another one of your crappy posts.

Date: February 3, 2009 04:00

Sorry didn't mean to let the facts get in the way of yet another one of your crappy posts.
----

hey, clever! you brucientologists are loyal, I'll give you that--does he actually program you himself or leave it to one of the other E Streeters, you know, like maybe the guitarist, Patti Scialfa?

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: February 3, 2009 04:25

Gregg_in_KansasCity
sweet neo con
I'm not the one saying that others' opinions are irrelevant...you are.
awww...... : ( whatsamatter neoHEN???, you can dish it out, but you cant take it?
typical posts from you, oh well, I will leave you to your bashing, it is hopeless,,,,bye bye now.

wow...and i thought your other posts were lame. you've topped it.
it's obvious that you are a disturbed human being (who obviously can't read).

i welcome anyone to read my posts on this thread....and then to read
your immature rantings.

seriously...how do you function in society? you can't even handle reading
opinions in an irrelevant internet forum. ???? you are troubled.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: February 3, 2009 05:23

sweet neo con

wow...and i thought your other posts were lame. you've topped it.
it's obvious that you are a disturbed human being (who obviously can't read).

i welcome anyone to read my posts on this thread....and then to read
your immature rantings.

seriously...how do you function in society? you can't even handle reading
opinions in an irrelevant internet forum. ???? you are troubled.

yawn

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 3, 2009 05:47

bruce was very good but a little corny, but thats ok for someone who has the world on a string, but i must say the stones were more of a straight to the point three song performance with less ham which is better IMO

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 5 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1113
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home