Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: Contest - "NAME THAT HALF TIMER/MUSICAL ACT" - who will it be next year?
Date: February 2, 2009 17:46

Please, try to keep up,
Aerosmith ALREADY PLAYED the Superbowl,
they wont dupe for a while.

Fleetwood Mac ( or a close at that band can come to be called** that these these days ), is another good bet.

**OK, in all fairness, the personel changes go back to Peter Green et al,
but I do I miss Christine, glad Ms Crow did not join up.

Re: OT: Contest - "NAME THAT HALF TIMER/MUSICAL ACT" - who will it be next year?
Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: February 2, 2009 17:47

Hmmmm, Elton John ???

And if the JETS are in the Super Bowl he can improvise lyrics

Benny & the Jets turns into: "(Your pick) and the Jets"

Eagles are a solid band but boring to watch

Bon Jovi could be a conflict of interest since he owns a team (different league, etc) but a conflict.

AC/DC may be done touring by early 2010. Still have not decided if they are going into next fall/winter. Even if done touring, what's to stop them. Their music is woven into the fabric of america. However, may be too extreme for some tastes.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: February 2, 2009 17:50

It will be Beyonce.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 2, 2009 18:08

sweet neo con
John Mellencamp could be a good choice.

Fleetwood Mac might still be touring.

Bon Jovi?

Elton John & Billy Joel??

WOuld LOVE to see Aerosmith!
(of the others i mentioned...least favorite...bon jovi)

Stevie Wonder?

Stevie Wonder has already played at the Superbowl. As have Aerosmith (or was it just Steve Tyler?)

I would imagine Bon Jovi are bound to play it sooner rather than later. They'd perform at the opening of an envelope.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: February 2, 2009 18:12

AC/DC would kick some major ass for sure.

Date: February 2, 2009 18:14

Gazza
Bon Jovi are bound to play it sooner rather than later. They'd perform at the opening of an envelope.
hehehee , nice zinger
I really laughted out loud, not just lol, at that one,
Im gonna go green... and recycle that one ....: )

PS edit
wait a second, I recall seeing Richie Sambor draped in/wearing a US flag,
with bon jovi playing at some football game,,was that the super bowl?
so they may have already played too

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-02 18:19 by Gregg_in_KansasCity.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: February 2, 2009 18:22

I think Aersomith already played a Half time show...didn't they?

It would have to be the biggest one left...THE EAGLES...and get ready to be super bored if they do........

They could also ruin my interest and hire ELTON JOHN or Bon Jovi.

I guess since we have had a pretty steady diet of clssic rockers we would get an R&B/Soul act...hey whatever happened to TERENCE TRENT DARBY!

How about LENNY KRAVITZ?...that would be cool.

Or ar we going to get a reunion of Journey w/Steve Perry or a Hootie & The Blowfish reunion...

PECMAN

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 2, 2009 18:25

Iggy Pop

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: February 2, 2009 18:27

Gazza
sweet neo con

WOuld LOVE to see Aerosmith!
(of the others i mentioned...least favorite...bon jovi)

Stevie Wonder?

Stevie Wonder has already played at the Superbowl. As have Aerosmith (or was it just Steve Tyler?)

I would imagine Bon Jovi are bound to play it sooner rather than later. They'd perform at the opening of an envelope.

That's true....but Aerosmith was part of a mulit-act thing.
I'm saying...only Aerosmith.

Is there some sort of rule that the same act can't play halftime again..several years later?

IORR............but I like it!

Date: February 2, 2009 18:29

Bob Seger?

Chili Peppers?

Jimmy Buffett?

Clapton?

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: February 2, 2009 18:32

Beyonce

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 2, 2009 18:54

Pecman
I think Aersomith already played a Half time show...didn't they?

It would have to be the biggest one left...THE EAGLES...and get ready to be super bored if they do........

They could also ruin my interest and hire ELTON JOHN or Bon Jovi.

I guess since we have had a pretty steady diet of clssic rockers we would get an R&B/Soul act...hey whatever happened to TERENCE TRENT DARBY!

"...adopted the name Sananda Maitreya, following a series of dreams. His name was legally changed to Sananda Maitreya on October 4, 2001. He proclaimed in an interview that "Terence Trent D'Arby was dead...he watched his suffering as he died a noble death," in what was perceived as an attempt to reinvent himself artistically and free himself from what he believed to be the oppressive nature of the record business."

- from Wikipedia

Well that's THAT settled, then....

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 2, 2009 18:58

The Dead

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: February 2, 2009 18:58

MADONNA!?
Or did she already performed at the Super Bowl too??...

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: February 2, 2009 19:01

Thanks Gazza...I knew there had to be some logical explanation for the disappearance of Terence Trent D'Arby....

PECMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-02 19:02 by Pecman.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: February 2, 2009 19:28

I believe it will be someone of Hispanic decent. Jo-LO, Ricky Martin, Santana, Shakira. etc.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 2, 2009 19:33

..........considering the overwhelming cheese fest last night..there can be only one choice for next year...unfortunately only Bon Jovi can erase last nights shlock from memory.....I'd love to see Neil Young personally, but it'll never happen....

Date: February 2, 2009 19:37

Lynyrd Skynyrd?

Ringo's All Star Band? winking smiley

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: February 2, 2009 22:39

Not sure if Beyonce would fly?

People in the Southern Reigions of America can't pronounce her name.

CSNY would be neat, but very unpleasant to the eye.

I'm pushing for (pardon the pun): Elton John

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 3, 2009 00:42

Still reckon it's gonna be Garth Brookes .... Maybe even in a
HIGH powered MONSTER TRUCK .... But ole Garth throttles it and flattens half the audience

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GeneGenie ()
Date: February 3, 2009 00:43

Not Bob Dylan...I'll go with Fleetwood Mac

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: February 3, 2009 00:46

Probably some bubble gum crap like hillary Duff

Most people don't watch halftime. they go eat or collect football square money or take a break from tv!

Posted by: GeneGenie ()
Date: February 3, 2009 00:50

trainarollin
Not sure if Beyonce would fly?

People in the Southern Reigions of America can't pronounce her name.

CSNY would be neat, but very unpleasant to the eye.

I'm pushing for (pardon the pun): Elton John

People in the Southern "Reigions" have taste, not to mention tact.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 3, 2009 01:16

Elton John and Billy Joel are about to begin an on-and-off two year tour. They will be available and, if nothing else, well rehearsed.

Ringo Starr is a particularly ridiculous suggestion. He has virtually NO stage presence whatsoever. You have to have someone who is a reasonably EXCITING performer.

Date: February 3, 2009 01:18

tomk
Funny, I thought of Ringo, too. Don't know why.
Now if the Who did it, they only have, what 15 minutes?
So they couldn't really do Won't Get Fooled, Baba, Who Are You.
Those are 5-8 minutes songs.
They should do their first four singles:
Can't Explain, Substitute, Anyway Anyhow Anywhere, My Generation...
smash your guitar and leave.

Pete will never smash another guitar. The Who would be a good choice, though.

Date: February 3, 2009 01:23

sweet neo con
John Mellencamp could be a good choice.

Not a performer that I'd personally want to see, but a likely candidate nontheless.

Posted by: rsk45 ()
Date: February 3, 2009 01:51

Gazza

Dylan?????

You cannot be serious. Never in a million years would the NFL ask him and never in a million years would he accept.

Hell will freeze over first.

talking of which - there's a likely candidate you've left out. The Eagles.

Or Rod.

Couldnt agree with you more. Eagles, Rod, Fleetwood Mac.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 3, 2009 02:51

Well considering how well Springsteen tickets are selling today and how well Petty sold last year after his SB appearance. Like it or not,it's becoming a hot gig and a pretty good marketing tool.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: February 3, 2009 03:05

Here's one for the old folks, John Fogerty

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 3, 2009 04:01

The economy will have worsened...

Maybe a more traditional, cheaper booking. Like Florida A&M University Marching Band. Something like that ...

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1195
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home