Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ian McLagan US Tour - Anyone going?
Date: January 26, 2009 19:35

Got my 2 tix to a small show in Rochester NY (couple hundred seats at best). Should be fun - anyone else going to see him?

Re: Ian McLagan US Tour - Anyone going?
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 26, 2009 19:37

has he booked his rumored west coast dates yet? his bump sec keeps promising me, but i think it's just to hurt me in the end....

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 26, 2009 19:38

i am there if mac is in my neck of the woods .

Date: January 26, 2009 19:39

not sure - these tickets actually just went on sale last week, and the only place I could get them was a little record shop here in town. Kind of cool, but I hope attendance is good for him.

Date: January 26, 2009 19:41

Here's the tour dates:

[www.ianmclagan.com]

Date: January 26, 2009 19:44

red devil lounge in SF? never heard of it - but the calendar is clear for that night and so i'll be there...

Date: January 26, 2009 19:46

On a separate, but related note, I bought his album Troublemaker to get fired up for the show, and it's terrific. Features Keith & Ronnie, among other Stones-ites...

Good listening.

Posted by: wantedman09 ()
Date: January 26, 2009 20:27

Everyone & Anyone...

GO!!!

Mac lives here (just outside of Austin) and plays
free Happy Hours on Thursdays when in town; his
"BUMP BAND" are INCREDIBLE players (and that's saying
something with all the bands/venues we have here).

Come for SXSW; Mac's playing St. Pat's Day at the
best pub in town...

Cheers then,
C

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: January 26, 2009 22:26

I will be going to the Fitzgeralds gig in Berwyn March 7.The Bump Band always rocks. There is a Real Ale fest in the Chicago that afternoon so this should be a great day as Berwyn is only 15 minutes away from home!

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 27, 2009 00:02

wantedman09- I'm gonna try to be there!! Besides the fact the biggest Record and Guitar show of the year is also part of the festival one of our IORR pals, Tommy Womack and his buddy's band(DADDY) will be playing the event. Sorry,Tommy-couldnt pass up the free plug!

Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: January 27, 2009 00:27

I am going to the show at Fitzgerald's show in Chicago.

Date: January 27, 2009 02:20

Just bought my tix for April 31th and May 1st at The Mint, Hollywood. If some of you SoCal IORR's are going, lets meet up.

Scotty

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: January 27, 2009 06:48

I'm looking forward to the show at Jammin' Java in Vienna, Virginia next month. It's a great little room, about 200 capacity, with excellent sound. The people who run the place also have a studio on the premises.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: January 27, 2009 15:10

We'll be at the Detroit(Ferndale)gig & maybe(depending on weather)the Cleveland sho as well.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 28, 2009 00:05

Have tix for Detroit show March 8, but may end up going to see Fleetwood Mac that night. Wife is a big Fleetwood Mac fan, and March 8 is our 10th wedding anniversary. Not sure where we're going to wind up that night, but I'm going to let it be her call.

Posted by: DaisyGrace ()
Date: January 28, 2009 03:06

T&A
has he booked his rumored west coast dates yet? his bump sec keeps promising me, but i think it's just to hurt me in the end....

He has. Go here: [www.macspages.com]

I was at the release party for his latest album on August 8, in Austin, then saw him play a gig in San Antonio. I wanted to make the St. Paddy's Day gig, but will be out of town. sad smiley

Mac and the Bumps put on a great show, and they will so stick around and chat with you after. Great guys, all.

Date: January 28, 2009 06:33

His guitarist is a good as Lucinda's. There is something in the water in Austin where they breed the most amazing guitar slingers.

Date: January 28, 2009 06:54

his guitarist could teach ronnie a few things about ronnie's own licks

Date: January 28, 2009 08:23

baxlap
I'm looking forward to the show at Jammin' Java in Vienna, Virginia next month. It's a great little room, about 200 capacity, with excellent sound. The people who run the place also have a studio on the premises.

see you there!

Posted by: rocks off ()
Date: February 12, 2009 08:03

Has anyone been to Mac's shows in Europe?

Could you post a setlist, if available? I'd love to know what he plays.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 12, 2009 10:34

I haven't seen him with his own band, but on evidence of his playing with James McMurtry in London the other night, I'd say go and see him if you can!

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: February 12, 2009 16:10

He is playing here in Buffalo. What type of music does he do?

I know he played keyboards for Faces, and on a tour with the Stones in 78...but what does he do? Covers? Does he write anything? His playing on Stay With Me was great, but hard to make a whole show of that....

Date: February 12, 2009 17:13

He writes his own stuff - has many albums out, in fact. (Go to Maniac Records for a list.)

He does his own stuff, he does a cover or two from the Faces and the Small Faces, might throw in a Stones song... but mostly his own stuff.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 12, 2009 17:57

isnt it funny that when chuck leavall does solo shows i dont think it draws this kind of attention i wonder why?

Date: February 12, 2009 18:28

The Greek
isnt it funny that when chuck leavall does solo shows i dont think it draws this kind of attention i wonder why?

I think a huge part of it is that Mac was a Small Face and a Face before he ever played for/toured with the Stones.

Plus his band, the Bumps, is made up of amazing musicians. AND he's a great guy. With a great accent. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-12 18:29 by DaisyGrace.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 12, 2009 18:49

Yeah but it's not like Mac is drawing in huge crowds. I have a feeling Chuck Leavall would probably draw roughly the same number of people. But Mac is just thought of more fondly on here than Chuck.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: February 12, 2009 20:02

sweetcharmedlife
Yeah but it's not like Mac is drawing in huge crowds. I have a feeling Chuck Leavall would probably draw roughly the same number of people. But Mac is just thought of more fondly on here than Chuck.

True on all counts. I think of Mac fondly because, on top of everything else, he's an Austin musician and as such he is approachable, humble, and just plain folks. Add to that his rock and roll history and you've got a gem, a living legend.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: February 12, 2009 20:33

I am going to his gig here in Portland, Oregon in May. I am stoked! Hope to hear some Faces tunes...as I may be waiting forever for a reunion.

I also saw his Bump Band open for the Stones in Austin in '06. They are swingin'!

Date: February 12, 2009 23:35

lettingitbleed
I am going to his gig here in Portland, Oregon in May. I am stoked! Hope to hear some Faces tunes...as I may be waiting forever for a reunion.

I also saw his Bump Band open for the Stones in Austin in '06. They are swingin'!

lived in eugene for many years and still often get up to portland - but i had never heard of the white eagle until now. just looked at the website - looks like a great place to see mac.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: February 12, 2009 23:56

I'll be at the Vienna, Virginia show....starting look like a LOT of people going to that one!

JR

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1492
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home