Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT, Wilco
Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: May 12, 2009 16:12

Hola Monkeyland!!
I talked a couple minutes ago, with the promoters over here, and they are giving me the poster of the event, send me your address so you can get it, do you?

Carlitos
Tenerife

Monkeylad
Thanks, Lukester and Carlitosbaez, for looking at my Wilco photos. Man, they are a great band.

And, yes, I am the bicyclist, but I've been idle since late November. I got a cancer diagnosis in January and that is keeping me off my bike for the time being because I have a breathing tube in my throat and a feeding tube in my stomach. Can't talk or eat through my mouth but I'm hopeful for a complete or near-complete recovery, Riding in AIDS/LifeCycle, the annual bike ride I do each June, is almost certainly out of the question this year, since it's less than four weeks away. But I still managed to raise $4,811 for the cause and hope I will reach my goal of $5,000 before the ride begins.

I'll be rocking with Wilco in June at four shows: three at the Wiltern and one in Pomona, Calif. Hope a lot of Stones fans check out this band!

Oh, and I blog

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 12, 2009 16:51

great photos Carlitos

Posted by: socialdistortion ()
Date: May 12, 2009 23:48

find them quite boring

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 13, 2009 00:52

socialdistortion, have you seen them live?

Date: May 18, 2009 21:43

Have you listened the last album?
what a delicious record my GOD!!!
They come back to their roots, great!!
[beta.wilcoworld.net]

carlitos
tenerife

Date: May 18, 2009 21:55

What an album and songs!!!
They forgot their noises, samplers and all of that, simple rock and roll, great guitars, organs, pianos and lyrics, and what a voice this guys has!!
I´ll fight, one wing, country dissapeared , solitaire are incredible songs, I have to say, been listening their new album and It´s fantastic!!!
Opinions?
New album is out in June

carlitos
tenerife

Date: May 19, 2009 13:25

listened to it once and it's hugely enjoyable.

Date: May 19, 2009 13:39

A really good album, si señor!!

Carlitos

Date: May 19, 2009 22:04

Anyone can help with for example, explain with your words the evolution of this band based in another bands and idols of them first albums, last albums, member of the bands, new record, etc. Where can I find great and different concert reviews from them or album review, etc. No wikipedia or any silly websites,
million thanks IORR´s!!!!
Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: May 19, 2009 23:29

carlitosbaez
Anyone can help with for example, explain with your words the evolution of this band based in another bands and idols of them first albums, last albums, member of the bands, new record, etc. Where can I find great and different concert reviews from them or album review, etc. No wikipedia or any silly websites,
million thanks IORR´s!!!!
Carlitos
Tenerife

you need to checkout Uncle Tupelo, Carlito.
Jeff's first band, with the equally excellent Jay Farrar.

Checkout Jay's band, Son Volt.... you will find them most agreeable.

Checkout the band, Golden Smog.
Jeff plays and writes with them...alongside various Jayhawks and Soul Asylum'ers.
'Weird Tales' is, in my humble opinion, they're masterpiece,
and you should check it out.
enjoy.

Date: May 19, 2009 23:30

Weird Tales is a band or title?

Posted by: llargueras ()
Date: May 19, 2009 23:31

Hola Carlitos,
Try with Xavier Agut and Anna Alonso in www.wilcoclub.com Put on contact with them as they follow Wilco from the very first beginning and they are similar to the spanish wilco fan club.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 19, 2009 23:33

Actually, Wikepedia has lots of good info about Wilco with many people quoted talking about the evolution of this band, their albums, etc.

By the way, I think the new material sounds great. The good thing about Wilco is their studio material translates very well on stage. They are capable of putting together very diverse setlists that keep the audience guessing as to where they are headed.

Date: May 19, 2009 23:36

carlitosbaez
Weird Tales is a band or title?

'Weird Tales' is an album by the band, Golden Smog

Date: May 19, 2009 23:55

Yes Xavier,
that´s a really good website of Wilco, will try to get them
Carlitos

llargueras
Hola Carlitos,
Try with Xavier Agut and Anna Alonso in www.wilcoclub.com Put on contact with them as they follow Wilco from the very first beginning and they are similar to the spanish wilco fan club.

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: May 20, 2009 00:49

Monkeylad
Thanks, Lukester and Carlitosbaez, for looking at my Wilco photos. Man, they are a great band.

And, yes, I am the bicyclist, but I've been idle since late November. I got a cancer diagnosis in January and that is keeping me off my bike for the time being because I have a breathing tube in my throat and a feeding tube in my stomach. Can't talk or eat through my mouth but I'm hopeful for a complete or near-complete recovery, Riding in AIDS/LifeCycle, the annual bike ride I do each June, is almost certainly out of the question this year, since it's less than four weeks away. But I still managed to raise $4,811 for the cause and hope I will reach my goal of $5,000 before the ride begins.

I'll be rocking with Wilco in June at four shows: three at the Wiltern and one in Pomona, Calif. Hope a lot of Stones fans check out this band!

Oh, and I blog about this whole cancer/AIDS mess.

All my POSITIVE VIBES go out to you, I've been through the cancer,chemo & surgery myself. HAd the breathing and feed tunes, drains and cafaters. and also nil by mouth for 8 weeks. on the road to recovery now and making up for a year of no gigs. You seem to have a positive attitude, that will see a fair way down the road to recovery.

All the best and keep us informed.

Oh and Ya WILCO are a feckin' awesome band. When a band I know were recoding in Chicago they needed to borrow an accoustic guitar, a quick phone call an Jeff was at the studio with a loan.

Date: May 20, 2009 00:57

They already answer me, great people this site,
again, what an awsome album is gonna be out in June!!!

carlitos
Tenerife

Date: May 20, 2009 11:25

also checkout Jeff Tweedy and Glenn Kotche's other band, Loose Fur

Date: May 20, 2009 11:58

I was only listening to Loose Fur yesterday Adrian. Also check out "alt. country" supergroup Golden Smog, featuring Mr. Tweedy.

Date: May 20, 2009 12:01

Nanker Phlegm
I was only listening to Loose Fur yesterday Adrian. Also check out "alt. country" supergroup Golden Smog, featuring Mr. Tweedy.

see my posts further up this thread

Date: May 23, 2009 03:06

Wilco time!!!
In hours in Tenerife!!
May 23rd 9 pm, Tenerife Auditorium, starting and presenting their new album and new Tour over here, first place!!

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: gomp ()
Date: May 23, 2009 03:11

carlitosbaez
Wilco time!!!
In hours in Tenerife!!
May 23rd 9 pm, Tenerife Auditorium, starting and presenting their new album and new Tour over here, first place!!

Carlitos
Tenerife

That would be great for you guy's if they play some songs off their upcoming record.
Us in the states will be very envious. I look forward to your review. Enjoy!

Date: May 23, 2009 03:16

have fun Carlitos.. I'll be catching the show in July..Hope its upbeat and rockin'.. i hate that slow wanky shit.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 23, 2009 05:48

Yeah let us know how it goes Carlitos.

Date: May 23, 2009 09:20

Sorry Adrian DOH ! should have known you'd be there allready.

First cursory listen to the new Wilco confirms Everythings In Place.

Date: May 23, 2009 16:50

I know from good sources they are presenting today some tunes from their new album!!! I´ll doing the concert review again for a local Newspaper, I´ll try to talk with some members of the band at the end,

Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: May 23, 2009 16:56

I phoned the promotores of the concert today in Tenerife, and they are really excited to come over the island and present and introduce their music, they are going to play several song of their new album , Wilco (the album).I´ll try to take pictures and review as soon as I can, probably on Sunday.

Links about the new at the local press in Tenerife
NorthAmerican Wilco presening their new album in Tenerife
[www.eldia.es]

Glories from Chicago
[www.laopinion.es]

Date: May 23, 2009 20:18

Today´s at Spain´s fansite

[wilcoclub.com]

Date: May 24, 2009 16:51

What a concert last night presenting their new album, Wilco(the album)
I got pictures and set list,and reviews they sang new songs of the new record.
All I can say, in my life, this is one of the best concert I ever been, what furious rock and roll band!!!!
In advance I am showing the set list I could take from the stage where Nels Cline was playing his diablic guitar!!
Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: May 24, 2009 17:11

Set List last Night in Santa Cruz de Tenerife

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2462
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home