Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT, Wilco
Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: January 22, 2009 15:50

Hi people IORR!!
Any opinion about them? live, albums, etc.
They are coming to Tenerife in May, opening Spain´s tour 2009!!!

Million Thanks and WE CAN!!!!!

Carlitos
Tenerife

Re: OT, Wilco
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: January 22, 2009 15:56

we can, what?

and yes, Wilco are fantastic.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is one of my favourite albums.

Date: January 22, 2009 16:01

Date: January 22, 2009 16:08

Yes, yes Si,
WE CAN!!!! verdad?

Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: January 22, 2009 16:10

Million thanks Adrian!!!

Date: May 10, 2009 17:24

The train of Wilco is arriving to Tenerife....
Opening tour 2009 in Tenerife is comin...

Pics later

carlitos
tenrife

Date: May 10, 2009 17:24

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 10, 2009 17:30

I'm a big Wilco fan. First saw Tweedy in Uncle Tupelo in '94, and then really got into Wilco after the albums with Billy Bragg came out. Just got my tickets to see them this summer! They are getting big, but they still come to Maine, which is nice. This year they're playing on the pier in Portland, so it should be a total blast. And I'm psyched for the new album!

Date: May 10, 2009 17:52

Yes, they are a really GOOD band, really good!!
What about Nels Cline, it´s amazing he´s in the band, for me, one of the best actual guitarist in the world!!
I really like their first albums A.M and Being there, of course his colaboration with Bragg is incredible. I have to say I am really into Wilco, and very sad but not surprise, ticket are not gone yet, since last November ticker are on sale over here, at the Tenerife Auditorium and with almost 1400 seats , watch how many seats are left righ now...

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 10, 2009 17:57

Good ear Carlitos. Wilco and I never crossed paths until last month when I finally saw them live. They are one of those bands that sound so much better in person than on CD. They were awesome. Nels Cline kicked some major guitar ass.....then my head almost exploded when he played the lap steel. I am now a big fan. My favorite CD's, at the moment, are "Summerteeth" from 1999 and "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" from 2002.

Date: May 10, 2009 18:19

Yeahh Lukester!!!
That´s another album I like Summertheeth, I believe this album top of the top of the mountain of them, just James Cagney in that movie, MAMA I AM ON THE TOP!!!
Really like the sounds of their guitar in this album!! Can´t stan it, and the piano in We´re just friend, and the synth in Always in love, the drums and acoustic guitars in nothing ever gonna..., the influence of Gram Parsons, jazz and all country in You wake up feeling...
This album change everything in Wilco, yes amigo Lukester good EAR as well, my best ones A.M, Being there and this one.
Looking forward to see Nels Cline over here, and Authentic Guitar MAN!!

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: May 10, 2009 19:31

All of Wilco's albums are great. I hopped aboard the Wilco train in 1996 with the great 2-CD album Being There. Each of their albums are among my favorites. The lineup has changed over the years but Jeff Tweedy and bass player John Stirrat have been constants.

Besides Wilco's albums, check out the documentaries I Am Trying to Break Your Heart, Man in the Sand, Sunken Treasure (Jeff Tweedy solo) and the new Ashes of American Flags. And the side projects with Billy Bragg, Mermaid Avenue Vol. 1 and Vol. 2.

Pics I took at one of Wilco's performances in L.A.: [www.flickr.com]

Date: May 10, 2009 19:31

Check this website out, sometines Jeff Tweeddy leaves some of Wilco´s tunes to download, very interesting Independepent Music site [www.owlandbear.com]

Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: May 10, 2009 19:37

Really great pictures!!
Lots of thanks, are yours??

Thanks again
Carlitos

Date: May 10, 2009 21:50

Nice photos monkeylad (you're the bicyclist, right?).

Date: May 10, 2009 22:47

can't wait to see this awesome band, at a very intimate venue,
called The Troxy, in London, in August.
Two years, without seeing Tweedy and friends, is too long....
must watch "Ashes" dvd again!

Date: May 11, 2009 00:22

Thanks, Lukester and Carlitosbaez, for looking at my Wilco photos. Man, they are a great band.

And, yes, I am the bicyclist, but I've been idle since late November. I got a cancer diagnosis in January and that is keeping me off my bike for the time being because I have a breathing tube in my throat and a feeding tube in my stomach. Can't talk or eat through my mouth but I'm hopeful for a complete or near-complete recovery, Riding in AIDS/LifeCycle, the annual bike ride I do each June, is almost certainly out of the question this year, since it's less than four weeks away. But I still managed to raise $4,811 for the cause and hope I will reach my goal of $5,000 before the ride begins.

I'll be rocking with Wilco in June at four shows: three at the Wiltern and one in Pomona, Calif. Hope a lot of Stones fans check out this band!

Oh, and I blog

Date: May 11, 2009 00:23

Thanks, Lukester and Carlitosbaez, for looking at my Wilco photos. Man, they are a great band.

And, yes, I am the bicyclist, but I've been idle since late November. I got a cancer diagnosis in January and that is keeping me off my bike for the time being because I have a breathing tube in my throat and a feeding tube in my stomach. Can't talk or eat through my mouth but I'm hopeful for a complete or near-complete recovery, Riding in AIDS/LifeCycle, the annual bike ride I do each June, is almost certainly out of the question this year, since it's less than four weeks away. But I still managed to raise $4,811 for the cause and hope I will reach my goal of $5,000 before the ride begins.

I'll be rocking with Wilco in June at four shows: three at the Wiltern and one in Pomona, Calif. Hope a lot of Stones fans check out this band!

Oh, and I blog about this whole cancer/AIDS mess.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: May 11, 2009 07:49

I'm a fan, so enjoy the show!

Date: May 11, 2009 12:19

checkout Wilco's equivalent of IORR :-

[forums.viachicago.org]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 11, 2009 13:19

Monkeylad, BEST of luck to you for the future! thumbs up

Date: May 11, 2009 13:59

Monkeyland, Best of Suerte to you, I´ve been reading your blog last night, shocking and thrilling.
I´ll let you know how is this condert of Wilco in Tenerife, the beginning of his tour over here!!!

Best to you Monkeyland

Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: May 11, 2009 17:32

Vammossssss!!!!!!!
What a song!!!

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 11, 2009 22:57

Seen these guys many times since I live in the Chicago area. The current lineup differs from the above video, but these fellas never disappoint. Get ready to rock Europe. Wilco are world class and give terrific concerts. Stones fans will dig this band.

Date: May 11, 2009 23:09

A train called Wilco is coming over here....

Date: May 11, 2009 23:15

That is the street car of my town, advertising the concert Santa Cruz today until the day of the concert, May 23rd, The Pretenders are comin as well, in July.

Date: May 11, 2009 23:34

cool photos carlitos, as usual.

Monkeylad, hang in there. Your determination and positive attitude may be the key ingredient for your recovery. There's always next June.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-12 02:23 by Lukester.

Posted by: llargueras ()
Date: May 12, 2009 01:04

Hola Carlitos,
Please post Tenerife setlist. Two weeks later they play in Auditori Barcelona and it's good to know what are they cooking....
Mil gracias

Date: May 12, 2009 03:17

I am gonna be accredited by a local newspapper over here, for this concert and Rod Stewart as well, so I´ll try to get more info as possible from them
I just finished to watch Ashes of American flag, and absolutely delicuous documentary-concert, they are better than wine, with the years better and better!!
What a jacket Jeff!! Like Gram Parsons!!!

Date: May 12, 2009 07:07

Where were these photos taken carlitos? I am confused. Are these your photos?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2046
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home