Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: OT: Springsteen & The E Street Band 2009 tour dates
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 23, 2009 17:39

Okay, that sounds good, I was just worried whether ther shouldn't be payed od bought or something. If your status is also booked, then it all really should be fine. Thanx cool smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 23, 2009 20:14

textmonkey
Nanker Phlegm
I'm tempted by Dublin. Whats the RDS like as a venue ?

it's good. I've only been once, and that was to see Bruce on the Sunday performance last year. I'm sure brother Gazza could give you more detail on it, but it's a fine venue. It's a large complex so once you go in the main gate and show your ticket, there's a large compound for you to walk around, chill, enjoy a beer, get a hotdog and so on. The arena part is within the compound.

In other words, you go in off the street and show your ticket, but it's not like you have to immediately go onto the pitch. Obviously if you want a good position, it helps though. If my rather porous memory serves, I believe those that queue early to get in get wristbands to enable them guaranteed access to the front area.

Anyway - few pals and I went last year, it was miles better than your standard stadium gig where once you're in, you're locked in!

Its a showjumping stadium, but not a huge venue. Capacity for concerts is around 35,000. Not a huge amount of seats though, so if youre looking to sit you might need to get on the ball for tickets pretty fast once theyre on sale.

However, its very likely there'll be a 2nd show (12th or maybe the 13th) and there's an option on a third as well for the 14th.

In related news - Jon Landau has confirmed that a reissue of 'Darkness on the Edge of Town' will happen and is nearing completion. It will something similar to the 'Born to Run' 30th anniversary project, and will include video footage from that era.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-23 22:01 by Gazza.

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: January 24, 2009 03:15

Gazza
textmonkey
Nanker Phlegm
I'm tempted by Dublin. Whats the RDS like as a venue ?

it's good. I've only been once, and that was to see Bruce on the Sunday performance last year. I'm sure brother Gazza could give you more detail on it, but it's a fine venue. It's a large complex so once you go in the main gate and show your ticket, there's a large compound for you to walk around, chill, enjoy a beer, get a hotdog and so on. The arena part is within the compound.

In other words, you go in off the street and show your ticket, but it's not like you have to immediately go onto the pitch. Obviously if you want a good position, it helps though. If my rather porous memory serves, I believe those that queue early to get in get wristbands to enable them guaranteed access to the front area.

Anyway - few pals and I went last year, it was miles better than your standard stadium gig where once you're in, you're locked in!

Its a showjumping stadium, but not a huge venue. Capacity for concerts is around 35,000. Not a huge amount of seats though, so if youre looking to sit you might need to get on the ball for tickets pretty fast once theyre on sale.

However, its very likely there'll be a 2nd show (12th or maybe the 13th) and there's an option on a third as well for the 14th.

In related news - Jon Landau has confirmed that a reissue of 'Darkness on the Edge of Town' will happen and is nearing completion. It will something similar to the 'Born to Run' 30th anniversary project, and will include video footage from that era.

Alarm set on the phone to get me out of the scratcher on time this time, old chap!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 26, 2009 15:34

Third show in Stockholm June 7th.

[www.livenation.se]

Date: January 26, 2009 15:49

Wow. Seriously tempted by that, although i'm a bit put off by how expensive Sweden is supposed to be.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: January 26, 2009 15:59

Got my tickets for Friday 5th. Really something to look forward:

March 27th Bob Dylan
June 5th Bruce Springsteen & E Street Band
smiling smiley

Date: January 26, 2009 16:03

Gazza
Wow. Seriously tempted by that, although i'm a bit put off by how expensive Sweden is supposed to be.

Yes, it is. But Stockholm is really beautifull. If you haven't been there, I recomend it strongly. I spent 1 year there - the best year of my life. And 3 Springsteen shows there...I can only be jealous.

Date: January 26, 2009 18:02

It'd be great and its not too expensive to get there either, although I think the rumoured 3 Dublin shows may be enough of a drain on my resources.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: January 26, 2009 18:10

Gazza
It'd be great and its not too expensive to get there either, although I think the rumoured 3 Dublin shows may be enough of a drain on my resources.

You should be tempted by Austria, the great city of Vienna and the free beer that is waiting for you.

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: January 26, 2009 18:30

And I'm tempted by Dublin.

I've heard rumours that he may be doing a different compete album every night. knowing my luck I'd get human touch.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 26, 2009 18:58

U.S. dates starting to leak out:

04/01 San Jose
04/21-04/22: Boston
05/05 Charlottesville
05/18 Washington D.C.
05/19 Pittsburgh

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 26, 2009 19:04

Sweetcharmed,

Any mention of southern dates other than UVA?

I likes the Badlands reference!

Date: January 26, 2009 20:14

News continues to trickle out on the Springsteen front on both sides of the pond. Here is the latest news from Backstreets:
News is breaking fast and furious on the Boss front today. From Backstreets:

NEW DATES FOR EUROPE AND U.S.
Ticket sales have gotten underway in Europe this morning, moving briskly. The two Norway shows sold out in under an hour. In Stockholm, an extra show was added during the course of the sale -- in addition to June 4 and 5, there's now a June 7 concert at Stockholm Stadion. All three sold out quickly. Another new date on the schedule: GĂ©rard Drouot Productions has announced that Bruce and the band will play Festival des Vieilles Charues, in Carhaix, France on July 16, with tickets on sale this Friday.

No foolin': The wait is close to over for U.S. dates, too -- there's plenty of chatter today suggesting the news is imminent, for a U.S. tour beginning April 1 in San Jose. So far, dates are trickling in: the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports a May 19 show at Mellon Arena, and Ticketmaster.com has the show listed with a February 2 onsale; also on sale February 2 (the day after the Super Bowl, of course) is a May 5 show in Charlottesville, VA at John Paul Jones Arena. More U.S. arena dates to come -- watch 'em fill in on our Tour/Ticket Info page!
- Updated January 26, 2009

Posted by: Annah ()
Date: January 26, 2009 20:22

i will be seing Bruce Springsteen the 7th of june grinning smiley bought two tickets and will take my mum with me.

Date: January 26, 2009 21:13

Sweetcharm,

Obviously, the US leg will be cursory. The new album doesn't lend itself to live performances with the exception of "Outlaw Pete". However, there was some mention that he will play a vintage album to its entirety. Again, Prove it All Night (with intro solo such as Largo 1978 which is on youTube) and Outlaw Pete, and maybe BTR would make a great superbowl halftime . This particular album is mellow in nature and I'm not sure how the songs will play live? But then again, "Does this Bus Stop at82nd street is a fine example how the Boss can make it happen.

Date: January 26, 2009 22:32

Chris Fountain
Sweetcharmed,

Any mention of southern dates other than UVA?

I likes the Badlands reference!

Well he'll be in Tampa on Sun.smiling smiley

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: January 27, 2009 01:17

Ticket prices are reasonable for the USA Dates. $55 and $89 for my city.

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: January 27, 2009 02:26

Sounds Bruce is cheaper than the Mac who are charging 50, 85 & 200.

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: January 27, 2009 04:05

<<Ticket prices are reasonable for the USA Dates. $55 and $89 for my city.>>

....I got tickets for the Danish gig today. GA's were $87, FOS $113 and seats were $87/$120. Dunno if it's the norm for the Europen leg, though.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: January 27, 2009 04:09

I would take a safe guess and assume the $55 seats are probably 10% of the facillity. It's better than AC/DC selling all their seats for $95

Date: January 27, 2009 05:32

All this talk concerning ticket prices makes you appreciate the freecreditreport.com band!

Date: January 27, 2009 05:50

Tickets for San Jose will be between $35-95. Obviously the bulk of the tickets are at the higher end. But at least Bruce has a GA floor,for arenas in the states. Which is the only way to go far as I'm concerned. Even if you are not in the pit.

Date: January 27, 2009 06:08

Sweetcharmed,

This tour by the Boss doesn't make any sense. I guess the fact he will be doing a "Licks type tour" may be the salvaging point. Not to sound negative, but his new album is questionable. How many times can one go to the well? Furthermore, I think that great R & R bands should not be playing in the Superbowl. Concerts such as Live Aid for example ring true.

Also, concerts for political causes should be tossed out. It should be about the music.

Date: January 27, 2009 06:53

To each their own Chris. Artists such as Paul McCartney,U2 and the Rolling Stones and Tom Petty have played the Super Bowl in recent years. Not bad company imho.....The new album is better than The Rising. Again imho. As far as how many times can he go to the well. At least another 4-5 as far as I'm concerned. Because that's probably how many shows I'll see on this tour. After catching 7 on the last. Trust me,this is NOT some type of greatest hits tour. If it's anything like the last tour,it's more like a no setlist tour. Don't know many big name artists,who will wing a setlist on the fly. Take requests out of the audience and still put on a kick ass show. Oh yeah and in a fan friendly set up at reasonable prices.

Date: January 27, 2009 07:17

Sweetcharmed

"Fan friendly set up at reasonable prices" is a great point. Although my strategy is never to purchase a concert ticket before the event. The concert atmosphere is great but it is exceptionally gratifying when you beat the criminal scalpers at their own game. It's a matter of patience. Hell, if you can get inside of Cameron for a Duke game you can into anywhere.

Yeah, I will be in Sunrise for that concert!!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 27, 2009 08:17

SCL, Hopefully he'll do some LA shows, if he does and you plan on coming down and getting GA tickets, let me know.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 27, 2009 09:32

BluzDude
Hopefully he'll do some LA shows.

LA Sports Arena, April 15th.

Date: January 27, 2009 11:32

Sohoe

....I got tickets for the Danish gig today. GA's were $87, FOS $113 and seats were $87/$120. Dunno if it's the norm for the Europen leg, though.

Is there FOS in Denmark? Really strange, must be the only place where there is FOS on this tour. Who decides it then? I think if Bruce's management, then it should be the same everywhere and if promoters, then there would be the FOS everywhere, since it brings more money. Strange.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: January 27, 2009 13:42

Talking about reasonable or unreasonaable ticket prices:
Tina Turner is playing Stockholm in April. Ticket prices 695-1.795 SEK!
That's equivalent to $86-224.
$224 for a Tina Turner-ticket in a arena that holds ca 12.000-13.000 people. That's crazy!thumbs down

Date: January 27, 2009 14:49

Lorenz
Gazza

You should be tempted by Austria, the great city of Vienna and the free beers that are waiting for you.

Fixed that for you, Lorenz.

I'd love to, but its just a few days before the Dublin show(s) so its not really practical. Thanks.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1204
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home