Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: OT: Springsteen & The E Street Band 2009 tour dates
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: January 22, 2009 17:44

thanks, I'm really curious about it, to be honest. One of the musicians I just couldn't get into yet, but that gives me another chance. Edited my post after I wrote, because it was actually in the title that he plays with the e-street band grinning smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 22, 2009 18:03

Lorenz
Ok, so I bought 2 tix for the concert in Vienna. Problem is I just don't like Springsteen! But I kept on having lively visions of Gazza urging me to go there. Gazza, damn you if that isn't a good gig! So I better get used to his music now, what shall I buy? Greatest Hits to start with? I sure hope he doesn't play rare songs...

he plays what the hell he wants - although on the last tour they took signs out of the crowd, which got increasingly more obscure as the tour progressed.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of room for well known songs in a 150 plus minute show.

A compilation should be a good starting point for the casual listener. However, he'll have played over 40 shows before he gets to Vienna so you should have a reasonable idea of whats in the show by that stage.

you're going to see an artist you dont like because you're afraid I might beat you up again like I did after the Ronnie Wood gig? tongue sticking out smiley. No recession in Austria!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-22 18:04 by Gazza.

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: January 22, 2009 18:06

the london date would be almost a year to the day.

Date: January 22, 2009 18:12

I tried to bait you with the setlist question, almost worked grinning smiley
I'm fine with him playing whatever he likes, as long as it's good! And anyway, I want the Stones to mix up the setlist, so I need to support any other Band who does so smiling smiley

I was indeed a bit afraid you'd beat me if I told you I didn't go to that gig, I freely admit...and I'm trying my best to spend all my money as long as I have a job. And you never know, I might have started in the wrong industry and with a little shaky employer named GM grinning smiley

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 22, 2009 18:23

I need help, probably from Lorenz...how did you get the Vienna tix? I suscribed at the oeticket for a ticket alarm and got an e-mail, but it is in German and I am lost. On oe line it says: "Um die Onlineversion dieses Newsletters anzusehen klicken Sie hier." If I click on "klicken Sie hier", it takes me to normal oeticket, but there is no Bruce. What shal I do? Thank you!

Date: January 22, 2009 18:26

Nanker Phlegm
the london date would be almost a year to the day.

May 30-31 last year, Nanker.

And its GREAT to see you back here again, mate. Hope you're doing well.

Date: January 22, 2009 18:29

use this link, you can choose the tickets there.
[www.oeticket.com]

Perhaps have some internet translation website open to guide you through the process: Sitzplatz means seated, Stehplatz standing. Perhaps you should register first, else you have to do it during the process of ordering (It's bit stupid, really).

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: January 22, 2009 18:31

Hi N.P.,

Echoing young Gazza's sentiments-all power to you and keep on the up!

Cheers,

Si.

Date: January 22, 2009 18:33

thank you Lorenz, I hope I will suceed. I might have some "translation" questions, but hopefully not.

Date: January 22, 2009 18:35

you can always ask me, but will be offline for about an hour. the buying process is rather straight forward, but don't know if they deliver abroad? You choose an option where you can pick up the tickets at several shops in vienna, perhaps that could be an option for you.

Date: January 22, 2009 18:39

Thanks Gazza, much appreciated. I was 2days into my chemo at the bruce gig. i was told i could have the odd pint or wine. had to take about 8 pills just before bruce came on, washed down with a cold one.

Date: January 22, 2009 18:44

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-22 21:15 by Happy24.

Date: January 22, 2009 21:14

So, I finally managed to get a ticket for Vienna, I am sooo Happy! This is my first time I am going to see the Boss, I am sooo excited! I hope it won't take long to deliver the ticket. Thank you Lorenz for your help!

Date: January 22, 2009 21:24

Great it worked out! smiling smiley
Where are you from, by the way?

Date: January 22, 2009 21:29

one more thing - I can see that you are logged in Lorenz (or anybody German speaking), I just recieved this message:

für die unten genannte Bestellung konnten wir den Zahlungseingang verbuchen, die Karten werden spätestens am nächsten Werktag versendet.

Do I understand correctly that the payment was succesfully made and that the tickets will be sent tomorrow (the next work day)?

I have studied German, but it is so long ago and I am sooo bad at it.

Anyway, I am sorry for kind of spamming in this thread, I'll try not to...please be patient with me everybody :-)

Date: January 22, 2009 21:30

Lorenz
Great it worked out! smiling smiley
Where are you from, by the way?

Oh, I am from the Czech Rep. - not so far away :-)

Posted by: Ludwig8745 ()
Date: January 22, 2009 21:32

Happy24
one more thing - I can see that you are logged in Lorenz (or anybody German speaking), I just recieved this message:

für die unten genannte Bestellung konnten wir den Zahlungseingang verbuchen, die Karten werden spätestens am nächsten Werktag versendet.

Do I understand correctly that the payment was succesfully made and that the tickets will be sent tomorrow (the next work day)?

Yes, you did.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-22 21:33 by Ludwig8745.

Posted by: WolfgangG ()
Date: January 22, 2009 21:32

Happy24

I have studied German, but it is so long ago and I am sooo bad at it.

Anyway, I am sorry for kind of spamming in this thread, I'll try not to...please be patient with me everybody :-)

Your translation is correct.

Date: January 22, 2009 21:33

yeah, correct as said before smiling smiley

Date: January 22, 2009 21:34

Thank you everybody for your help, gotta go now, I'll see you tomorrow.

Posted by: Ludwig8745 ()
Date: January 22, 2009 21:35

Wooo....triple translation from Germany...that's what I call service.

Date: January 22, 2009 21:37

Ludwig8745
Wooo....triple translation from Germany...that's what I call service.

Yeap, this forum is just wonderfull...

Date: January 23, 2009 02:26

Happy24
So, I finally managed to get a ticket for Vienna, I am sooo Happy! This is my first time I am going to see the Boss, I am sooo excited! I hope it won't take long to deliver the ticket. Thank you Lorenz for your help!

Delighted for you.

From experience with Stones tickets for German shows, they tend to send them out pretty fast

Date: January 23, 2009 09:41

Gazza
Happy24
So, I finally managed to get a ticket for Vienna, I am sooo Happy! This is my first time I am going to see the Boss, I am sooo excited!

Delighted for you.

Yeap, it's been a long time commin', now it's here!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-23 09:41 by Happy24.

Date: January 23, 2009 15:30

Dublin 11th July confirmed today. tickets on sale next Friday at 9 am.

Date: January 23, 2009 16:52

I'm tempted by Dublin. Whats the RDS like as a venue ?

Posted by: R ()
Date: January 23, 2009 16:53

I've been listening (as much as I can stand) to the new Bruce album. The summary of my reaction is as follows...

"Pete and his pony"? "The queen of the supermarket"? The chorus on "This Life" sounds like the Cowsills. "Tomorrow Never Knows" has a synthesized musical saw? The syrupy "Surprise, Surprise" ('come on open your eyes and let your love shine down' - shiver) has a synthesized clarinet?

WTF?!?

"Good Eye" is a cool song but it takes some real audacity on Saint Springsteen's part to tour behind this stinker. And in stadiums of all places. Enjoy him over there in Europe. Keep him while you're at it.

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: January 23, 2009 17:15

Nanker Phlegm
I'm tempted by Dublin. Whats the RDS like as a venue ?

it's good. I've only been once, and that was to see Bruce on the Sunday performance last year. I'm sure brother Gazza could give you more detail on it, but it's a fine venue. It's a large complex so once you go in the main gate and show your ticket, there's a large compound for you to walk around, chill, enjoy a beer, get a hotdog and so on. The arena part is within the compound.

In other words, you go in off the street and show your ticket, but it's not like you have to immediately go onto the pitch. Obviously if you want a good position, it helps though. If my rather porous memory serves, I believe those that queue early to get in get wristbands to enable them guaranteed access to the front area.

Anyway - few pals and I went last year, it was miles better than your standard stadium gig where once you're in, you're locked in!

Date: January 23, 2009 17:23

Lorenz, are you there? One more question - as I posted yesterday, I got an e-mail from oeticket saying in German, that the payment was made and the ticket will be sent the next day (today). If I look at status of my order in my account at oeticket, it says "booked" (gebucht in German) which looks more like it was reserved and nothing more yet, not even payed. Is that normal, how is it with your tickets? It is most likely that they will send it on Monday, when the presale starts. Just wanted to make sure.

Date: January 23, 2009 17:27

Happy24
Lorenz, are you there? One more question - as I posted yesterday, I got an e-mail from oeticket saying in German, that the payment was made and the ticket will be sent the next day (today). If I look at status of my order in my account at oeticket, it says "booked" (gebucht in German) which looks more like it was reserved and nothing more yet, not even payed. Is that normal, how is it with your tickets? It is most likely that they will send it on Monday, when the presale starts. Just wanted to make sure.

Hm, it's hard to compare. I chose to pick the tickets up, so the status for mine is booked as well, which effectively means that they are paid for. I'm not sure if the status changes once they deliver them to you, but it should all be fine smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1578
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home