Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: AC/DC vs. Stones
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 21, 2009 01:46

good heavens - the obama honeymoon vibe certainly isn't passing through this thread.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: January 21, 2009 01:52

T&A
good heavens - the obama honeymoon vibe certainly isn't passing through this thread.

If you want a great vibe...see you at the Dead show May 10th at Shoreline. :-)))

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: January 21, 2009 02:02

mexicostone

whilst i'm 100% with you in regards AC/DC ... please never darken my mind with those two shit bands ever again grinning smiley

cheers!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 21, 2009 02:13

Children, don't fight, play nice.

Mexicostone, I am as big of an AC/DC fan as they come. This is a Stones site and I am thankful to be able to participate on it. I recognize that many here may not like AC/DC as well as other bands such as U2, Springsteen and the Dead. No artist is free of criticizm. Sometimes I want to defend certain statements about certain artists. Some times I do and other times I realize I would be sinking to someone elses level, so I don't.

It's all about the Music.
It's all about Rock n Roll
It's all good (although, maybe not to everyone)

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 21, 2009 02:16

mexicostone

Wow...so whatever little respect we had for you...just completely dropped even lower.

Seeing these clips in relation to your unrelenting praise of AC/DC only confirms that you're looking at all these bands aesthetically. The louder the better. The more wailing the guitars--the better. By doing that...you totally ignore that actual depth and substance of the songs. The Stones, as someone mentioend earlier, have a robust and deep catalog of music that ranges from so many styles and genres...which they have all done so well. AC/DC's strength is creating loud music, rocking riffs and irresistibly great songs. But in terms of depth and quality...not exactly in the same league as teh Stones even stuff from "A Bigger Bang" or "Bridges" can be considered.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-21 02:18 by Justin.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 21, 2009 03:31

mexicostone - your comment just confirms that you are a bigger idiot than I originally thought you were.

Date: January 21, 2009 03:55

That topic heading makes about as much sense as any topic I have seen posted here recently

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 21, 2009 04:02

No Expectations
T&A

If you want a great vibe...see you at the Dead show May 10th at Shoreline. :-)))

in my mind, i'm already there

Date: January 21, 2009 12:49

Justin
By doing that...you totally ignore that actual depth and substance of the songs.

Good grief. Spoken just like my Grandmother ...

Good rock n roll music's for tapping your foot too, making you want to move. Its not about some emotional cry for help

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: January 21, 2009 23:04

andy js

Good rock n roll music's for tapping your foot too, making you want to move. Its not about some emotional cry for help

well, I guess nobody here needs to be teached what good rock n roll music is about, and if, I doubt that youre a good teacher. good rock a roll like AC/DC may reach the body and not much else, but great rock n roll like Stones music reaches the soul too.

but, you and your mexican AC/DC troll will never convince me and and the majority of people on this board that AC/DC is better than the Stones, and we will never convince you that the Stones are better.

this whos better than who is for teenies and their music anyways, so why do you and your mexican friend dont just stay at AC/DC or other headbangin' sites
and stop polluting this board with your musical wisdom?

cheers!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 21, 2009 23:46

andy js
Justin
By doing that...you totally ignore that actual depth and substance of the songs.

So...your grandmother is the only one in your family with common sense? Ah, I see.

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: January 21, 2009 23:57

Loudei
I A Bigger Bang album could nt fool us fans, its not original its not unique - its mediocre at best ( A Bunch of Stones hybrid songs from other Stones hybrid tunes patched up together). I think Mick Jagger tries too hard.

Damn - I thought I was a bona fide fan after some 35/36 years - since 1973 when I was 11 - but now I know I've been living a lie - thank you thumbs up (A Bigger Bang is great - not their best - but great!)

Loudei
Mick Keith write some songs , get a new producer. Get Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor back.

Well, they did - it's called "A Bigger Bang" ..and I'm sure my love life would be much better if I got that Irish redhead from 25 years ago back again??? (Probably would at that - but that's besides the point smoking smiley)

Get over it! It's a very simple proposition: if you don't like the Stones - don't buy the albums, don't buy the tickets - and please don't write any more nonsense!thumbs down

The Rolling Stones are not just music they are a way of life - in a sense like a marriage - your wife is probably not as pretty at 65 as she was at 20 - but she's still you're wife - and you're probably not as good looking either!! smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-22 00:00 by mofur.

Date: January 22, 2009 00:01

Justin
So...your grandmother is the only one in your family with common sense? Ah, I see.

You should know, it seems you went to school with her

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: January 22, 2009 00:53

I never said i don't like the stones , i have lots of rare stuff from them ( more than 700 shows) , i use to play their songs , the only thing i don't like is some of the people here can't change their mind , they're still in the 60's and 70's when the stones were amazing , from undercover to a bigger bang it is all shit , maybe i just like mixed emotions , i go wild , moon is up , you got me rocking , saint of me , out of control , don't stop , and then it's all shit.
they're just shit today. they still have the soul , they're still rockers , but they've lost every musical sense , except for charlie.
I don't like music by "the louder the better" , both stones and megadeth , ac/dc or iron maiden are the same louder , all of these 4 play rocknroll with their souls , they've all given their souls to rocknroll up there on stage through the years , i like them all the 25% each other and they're amazing.
The only thing some of you should learn is to change , to change your life in some ways , looks like rolling stones is the last important thing some of you have left , they're the only alive memory remaining from the past for some of you , so you like to deffend them as much as you can , because you don't wanna lose them.
Please try to see the world in the year 2009 , try to change something and enjoy every kind of music as much as you can , please be open don't think about if it's louder or it's for 21st century teens , or for headbangers , just try something.
i think this stupid thread should be closed , i don't think any discussion about who's better has any sense , it's like to guess what was first , the chicken or the egg.
please notice being a stones fan ONLY and closing your minds to other kind of bands that are not The Who , Beatles , Dylan , dead or Zep is not too dangerous.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: January 22, 2009 01:25

Acdc better than stones?no way.Do they have better albums,more classic numbers or what?Better liveband now?yes they are,but they are a bit boring.I,ve got tickets for this summer,and looking forward too see them.But i wish they had a decent singer.Now they have a sueesing rat to sing for them.Ihate this voice,dreadful

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: January 22, 2009 01:40

Not that I want my arse handed to me on a plate, but in my opinion, AC/DC are a lot more widely respected and accepted within the rock community. As a fully paid up long haired, tatoo'd, leather jacket wearing rocker, I can safely say that in my local rock bar, nearly everyone has a respect and love of Acca Dacca, from the kids right up to the wrinkly rockers. This has been proven over the furor for tickets on the latest tour. i'm lucky enough to have bagged myself a ticket for the Brum gig and am looking forward to it.

However, the same kind of respect is not afforded to the Stones, Have a look around a local Stones gig, and without doubt they have a broader appeal, but most people that go to these gigs look like your every day kinda person, not the kind of people that featured on the cover of the No Security album for example.

Of course for some strange reason the new Dc album has gone to No 1. in something like 32 countries around the world, so they are not exactly a niche band. But lets not forget, Dc supported the Stones on the Licks tour, no way that The Stones would return the favour, Stones don't support anyone.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 22, 2009 02:19

Monkeytonkman - We can't afford to go to the shows anymore!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2208
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home