Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ISO Tell Me (Cold ending)
Posted by: Bootleghofner ()
Date: January 9, 2009 09:11

Is there a kind soul here that could post the long version of Tell Me with the "sudden ending" (not the fade-out)......
TIA! smiling smiley

Re: ISO Tell Me (Cold ending)
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: January 9, 2009 10:26

Posting an official track...???

Date: January 9, 2009 10:34

Well, it's sort of semi-official, isn't it, it hasn't been available on any regular CD (save on some by mistake)....
But, if it's not allowed to post this here, can someone point me in the right direction (blogs? torrents?) where I can find this? Is it on a b**tleg anywhere??

Heck, I'd even settle for an mp3 with the last 30 seconds.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-09 10:37 by Bootleghofner.

Date: January 9, 2009 12:41

It is not semi-official or whatever you would like it to be, it is an officially released track that is or was available on an officially released CD.

[www.mediafire.com]

Date: January 9, 2009 13:17

OK Midnrambler..... I get it (I got it!).

Thnks! cool smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 9, 2009 13:21

I don't own the US edition of the debut with the shorter mix. As the UK debut is no longer available, what CD is the track currently available on?

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: January 9, 2009 13:54

Big Al
I don't own the US edition of the debut with the shorter mix. As the UK debut is no longer available, what CD is the track currently available on?

For the short usual version: every common european release...

For the long version: japanese first and second editions (P33L and P25L)
Beautiful releases with lyrics booklet and way better quality cover.
They don't used the same masters than the european edition either... sounds better to my ears

Very valuable item, especially since it hasn't been released under the SACD format.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-09 14:39 by mitch.

Date: January 9, 2009 14:13

And German edition London 820 047-2

Date: January 9, 2009 14:31

midnrambler

True, for the short mix... but horrible booklet, bad quality cover.
But easy to find for cheap.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-09 14:41 by mitch.

Date: January 9, 2009 17:57

mitch
midnrambler

True, for the short mix... but horrible booklet, bad quality cover.
But easy to find for cheap.

What you mean is London 844 460 1. That's the cheap and easy to find one with the short mix and the horrible booklet.
But 820 047-2 is the first German edition released together with the Japanese ones you mention and it contains the long mix. I uploaded it from this CD, so you can listen yourself.

Date: January 9, 2009 18:52

midnrambler
What you mean is London 844 460 1. That's the cheap and easy to find one with the short mix and the horrible booklet.
But 820 047-2 is the first German edition released together with the Japanese ones you mention and it contains the long mix. I uploaded it from this CD, so you can listen yourself.

A lot of pressings have been done under the 820 047-2 reference.
Well, you probably have the very first german pressing, pretty rare, but less well packaged than the japanese edition.
True collector, better sound than following pressings and editions (except the japanese one).

I also got the 820 047-2 edition, but not the very first pressing from 1984 (the first japanese edition is from 1987),
It has the short US version (3'52 versus 4'08 for the japanese edition)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-09 20:22 by mitch.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 9, 2009 22:19

Take a listen to the iTunes version from the first album. Its a slightly mixed version of the Cold Ending. Apparently the first batch of 2002 remasters did not carry this (just the old LP long version) and it first appeared when ABKCO released in South America (the first with jewel boxes instead of special packaging). Its certainly the case on the copy of the CD I have from South America and the iTunes download. The variance in the 2002 remasters also impacts GOT LIVE IF YOU WANT IT as both Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby and Satisfaction have been altered from the versions initially released in 2002. HYSYMB loses the studio horn overdubs and Satisfaction now fades out after the song finishes and loses the audience chatter and the roadie saying "Hey, Mike!" several times.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 10, 2009 00:12

You can find it in perfect quality on "We Want The Rare Stones" boot (Glimmer Twins Records 012), a collection of official "oddities". Other interesting things on here include Waiting On A Friend(edited promo version),Street fighting Man (original withdrawn 7' pressing) and Sympathy for The Devil(German 7" single version).

Date: January 10, 2009 12:29

mitch
midnrambler

A lot of pressings have been done under the 820 047-2 reference.
Well, you probably have the very first german pressing, pretty rare, but less well packaged than the japanese edition.
True collector, better sound than following pressings and editions (except the japanese one).

I also got the 820 047-2 edition, but not the very first pressing from 1984 (the first japanese edition is from 1987),
It has the short US version (3'52 versus 4'08 for the japanese edition)

Yes you're right. According to D. Hoffmann's Weissbuch, the first two German editions of 820 047-2 have the long version while the 3rd edition has the faded version. I have the 2nd edition with the long version.

Posted by: donnywas ()
Date: January 10, 2009 12:45

scottkeef
You can find it in perfect quality on "We Want The Rare Stones" boot (Glimmer Twins Records 012), a collection of official "oddities". Other interesting things on here include Waiting On A Friend(edited promo version),Street fighting Man (original withdrawn 7' pressing) and Sympathy for The Devil(German 7" single version).

Hi there,

is anybody out there having this boot? (We Want The Rare Stones)
I'm absolutely interested in trading this and other titles that include Official Rarities (for examle the "Maxi" series). So if there's anybody willing to trade, I have a big list to trade from. Drop me a line...

cheers,
Don

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: October 20, 2010 22:28

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but this is new to me.

I confirmed that the "long version" is on the SACD "England's Newest Hitmakers" (4:05) and the "faded edit" is on the SACD "Big Hits" (3:49).
Also, the "single version" is on "Singles 1963-1965" (2:39) and there is the rare "test press version" (2:55).

What am I missing?

Is there a unique edit of the song on the Japan/German MSFL CDs, or is this abrupt ending from a London LP?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-20 23:43 by blakeeik.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: October 25, 2010 02:24

blakeeik
I confirmed that the "long version" is on the SACD "England's Newest Hitmakers" (4:05)
Are you absolutely sure? I've never seen anyone claim that. It has to be 4:05 on the actual CD and it has to end right in the middle of a sentence ("Tell me" is actually the last thing you'll hear - there's no coming back).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1515
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home