Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Has anyone seen a Stone get, or almost get struck on stage?
Posted by: Des ()
Date: January 8, 2009 00:22

I'm not big on every on-stage incident that has occurred. Of course Keith taking a swing at a fan, a plastic water bottle at Justin (well that's fair).

The last post of the Vancouver 72 show got me recalling that during one song Mick was strutting that white jumpsuit across the stage front looking to the sidelines. Out of the darkness and into the pool of mirror reflected spotlights something catches my eye, spinning towwards the stage, the unmistakable form and label of a micky of panty remover (Canuck for Lemon Gin). Mick is clueless, the bottle appears to be on a colision course with his left temple. In what must be a fluke, Mick makes a rapid 180 degree turn. As his body stops and his head turns it is like fate as the bottle kisses the back of his hair, not sure he even felt it. The micky continued on it's unipeeded course until it hit the top rim of Charlie's bass drum, flipped up into the air, over charlies head and into the darkness behind. Almost got two for one.

Once again, you have to love a Vancouver croud.

Re: Has anyone seen a Stone get, or almost get struck on stage?
Posted by: nick ()
Date: January 8, 2009 01:43

Shea Stadium 10/11/89, Mick is walking along the lower right side, stops and faces the audience and a shiny object hits the railing right in front of him. If I heard the "ching" sound from one section over,it had to be heavier than the sharpened coins Keith has spoken of.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: January 8, 2009 01:48

I think Mick almost got struck when Christine Aguilera pranced onto the Beacon stage.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 8, 2009 02:43

I'm thinking some of those shoes got pretty close to at least one of 'em!

Wasn't that in L.A. back in the 70's?

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: January 8, 2009 02:58

Saw people toss a beach ball and later a pail at mick back 78 in philly

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: January 8, 2009 03:12

Opening night Fenway Park ABB Tour, I believe during Brown Sugar a guy comes onto the left extension with a big stick - Mick is working the crown and does not see the guy, security gets him down only for him to re-surface again seconds later. Mick never saw the guy. He finally was dragged away, luckily.

Posted by: martingo ()
Date: January 8, 2009 03:54

Greensboro 1975, someone chunked an empty half-pint liquor bottle at Bill. He picked it up, put it on top of an amp, got back to playing while apparently intently eyeballing the section of the crowd it came from.

Has anyone seen a Stone get, or almost get struck on stage?
Posted by: stoneskris ()
Date: January 8, 2009 20:24

January 25th, 2003 Houston, Texas. At the -B- Stage, just when The Stone's get there, some jerk throws a Bud Light Beer Bottle onto the stage. It landed right in front of Keith about two feet in front of him! Keith glares out into the crowd asking for whoever done it, to be removed. Totally pissed! They wrestled the rascal and threw him out! I saw it all go down,

Kris

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: January 8, 2009 21:06

At the first of the two Stones shows in Glasgow 2003, during the B-Stage part of the set, Jagger had to dodge several beakers of beer that were thrown at him from the crowd.

One or two of which made a direct hit!

Posted by: R ()
Date: January 8, 2009 22:15

The first night at the Pontiac Silverdome in 1989 some jackass in like the third row hit Jagger square with a large cup of beer. During a solo in the song you saw Mick whisper something to a roadie who left and returned a few moments later with a full bucket of water. He handed it to Mick who promptly strode over and doused the louse who'd chucked the beer at him.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: January 8, 2009 22:16

There was a frisbee styled object that hit Jagger during Miss You on the left wing of the 78 stage in the Superdome in New Orleans. I recall Jagger being a bit upset and making "go home" gestures.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: January 8, 2009 23:09

Not the Stones, but I once witnessed Iggy Pop get a Heineken bottle bounced of his head at a club in Tempe, AZ in the 70s. Funny thing was, the thrower was his biggest fan...he just couldnt help himself...better living thru Chemistry!

JR

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 8, 2009 23:23

Mick Jagger - Copenhagen 6 April 1966 showing bruise from
being hit by flying chair leg at Marseilles 30 March 1966 show ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 9, 2009 00:33

i used to bring flower to shows. back at a sacramento show in '99, i tossed a bouquet toward the stage - i hit mick right below the knees! he didn't see where it came from, but he smiled in a mildly annoyed kind of way.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 9, 2009 00:35

also, at the shepherd's bush empire show in '99, the guy next to me threw an almost empty beer-cup down at the stage. neither of us belonged where we were (i had snuck down to a lower balcony, hanging over the stage). he got booted as a result and it worried me that my cover might be blown - luckily i got to stay!

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: January 9, 2009 00:41

LOGIE
At the first of the two Stones shows in Glasgow 2003, during the B-Stage part of the set, Jagger had to dodge several beakers of beer that were thrown at him from the crowd.

Hi Logie,

That was my 2nd Stones concert-what a belter I thought.
Anyway,I do remember a slightly giddy(!) crowd,and Mick dodging at least two plastic pints of lager,but unfortunately Darryl wasn't so mobile.
Mind you,he is built kinda solid.

Cheers,

Si.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: January 9, 2009 01:10

SimonN
LOGIE

Hi Logie,

That was my 2nd Stones concert-what a belter I thought.
Anyway,I do remember a slightly giddy(!) crowd,and Mick dodging at least two plastic pints of lager,but unfortunately Darryl wasn't so mobile.
Mind you,he is built kinda solid.

Cheers,

Si.

How ya doin' Si!!

Yes, a great gig, and probably the loudest out of the many that I saw on that tour.

I'd forgotten about poor Darryl getting hit by the odd beer cup!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 9, 2009 01:15

Slane Castle 1982.

Standard idiot behaviour back then for a pissed up crowd to think it was clever to throw bottles at the stage, and this was no different.

Just as they were about to start 'when the whip comes down', one ALMOST hit Mick on the face but struck the mic instead. There was a huge boom as it echoed through the sound system. A couple of songs later and as he was doing another song intro another one almost hit him. "Thanks for your trash - but I don't need them" came the putdown. Things calmed down a bit after that.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 9, 2009 01:16

Edith Grove
I'm thinking some of those shoes got pretty close to at least one of 'em!

Wasn't that in L.A. back in the 70's?

Yeah. One of the Anaheim shows in July 1978.

Mick didnt exactly help matters by reacting to a few shoes coming onstage by sarcastically challenging the rest of the crowd to do likewise!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 9, 2009 01:19

in the words of the immortal ed sullivan, it sounds like that was a "really goood shoe"

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: January 9, 2009 01:26

LOGIE

I was there and witnessed that...and the price of the effing beer that night too!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1745
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home