Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Pro-shot footage from the '75 tour on youtube (not from the usual L.A. show)
Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: January 4, 2009 23:37

There's an interview with Keith on youtube and it starts with some pro-shot footage of the band doing "Happy" from the '75 tour. I've never seen this before. It's very good but only a short clip. Anybody know anything about this? It might have been shot by a news crew or something. I'll try to post the video but I've never done that before so I might just have to leave the link.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="

&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Re: Pro-shot footage from the '75 tour on youtube (not from the usual L.A. show)
Date: January 5, 2009 00:54

BTW, I know the pic that's up is from Knebworth '76. There's footage from Knebworth and various other gigs in this interview, but the footage in the beggining of "Happy" from '75 is what I'm interested in.

Re: Pro-shot footage from the '75 tour on youtube (not from the usual L.A. show)
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 5, 2009 01:00

looks like 75 LA FORUM DVD FOOTAGE , but ronnie is wearing a different look so it cant be that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-05 01:02 by melillo.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 5, 2009 03:34

I know there was some Chicago footage shot from 75 but my vhs is so many gens of the master I havent looked at it in years.

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: January 5, 2009 04:17

very cool! Thanks for posting that!
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Date: January 5, 2009 04:29

melillo
looks like 75 LA FORUM DVD FOOTAGE , but ronnie is wearing a different look so it cant be that

Yeah I noticed Ronnie had a different outfit, plus this is a much stronger version of "Happy" than the one of the L.A. Forum dvd.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: January 5, 2009 04:50

Thanks. . . enjoyed that!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 5, 2009 04:51

its really intersting to hear Keith's persective. He makes some good points here about How the band was no longer living down the street from each other after exile, living in different parts of the world off doing their own thing and that made it harder to come up with material that was as good. Also, about Mick kissing up to the younger generation of artists. I guess this is all stuff I've heard before but Its been a while.

I don't know if this is the JULY 13 version of happy since it was a short clip, but to me that(JULY 13) version sounds off tempo and almost grinds to a hault a couple of times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-05 04:52 by ryanpow.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: January 5, 2009 07:06

It's an MTV thing, that's Kurt Loder's voice.... Maybe the footage is Paris 76

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 5, 2009 07:53

HelterSkelter
It's an MTV thing, that's Kurt Loder's voice.... Maybe the footage is Paris 76

Yes, thats definelty Loder.

The footage of Honkey Tonk Women is from knebworth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-05 07:56 by ryanpow.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 5, 2009 09:06

Very interesting footage. It doesn't seem like typical news footage, as there are multiple camera angles, and often news footage is shot at the very beginning of the show (first song) and then the news guys go home.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: January 5, 2009 09:57

drbryant
Very interesting footage. It doesn't seem like typical news footage, as there are multiple camera angles, and often news footage is shot at the very beginning of the show (first song) and then the news guys go home.

I agree. I remember the news footage from the first LA show,
and it was of HTW. That footage looks like it was filmed in LA to me, just the way it's done. The LA Forum pro-shot film we all know was done for
closed-circuit TV for people sitting in the Forum Club (a bar inside the Forum).
I have a feeling there must be more film of those shows in the Stones' vaults
or the LA Forum's vaults.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: January 5, 2009 17:13

Great find! I´m pretty sure the ´75 clip is from one of the Landover (July 1 & 2) shows: [www.kennerly.com]

I believe the Capital Centre was one of the first arenas with an in-house video system.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-05 17:14 by Tornandfrayed.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 6, 2009 04:16

that footage with loader is from the steel wheels press conf pre show

Posted by: BBstones ()
Date: January 6, 2009 05:20

I have this on a VHS. Its a mtv show called rolling on.The interviews are from talk is cheap, but Happy is 75 for sure and HTW is Knebwerth 76.
The rest of it is pretty cool. Rehersals for SNL Take it so hard and Struggle rock.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1530
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home