Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RS.com
Posted by: Keef Rider ()
Date: January 1, 2009 17:33

Hi everybody and Happy 2009 to all Stones fans!

I know this topic has been discussed several times and I already gave me the more obvious answers, but RS.com never stops to make me crazy: is it possible an official web sites with the last "living" new from the band dated Sept. 5th, i.e. 4 months ago????

I know that this site is an almost purely commercial site but ... there is a limit.

I always considered IORR as my official Stones site, but when the band designed RS.com there was surely a project, a design logic that was not only the pure marketing of gadgets, gifts and memorabilia ....

The only aspect that always gives me a smile is that the time scale of the Archive arrives to the year 2010 and I love this ...

Re: RS.com
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: January 1, 2009 18:16

why go elsewhere for a hamburger, when you get prime steak, here ?

Posted by: Keef Rider ()
Date: January 1, 2009 18:40

Adrian-L
why go elsewhere for a hamburger, when you get prime steak, here ?

Hi Adrian,

The background of my topic are the today BV's figures and statistics: where are Canadian, Japanese, Australian and South-American fans (who on IORR seem to be relative minorities), if they cannot rely on an effective and recognized official web site?

Other regional or continental fan sites?

What do you think about?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 1, 2009 20:26

Keef Rider
when the band designed RS.com there was surely a project, a design logic that was not only the pure marketing of gadgets, gifts and memorabilia ....

No. Thats pretty much exactly what it was and always has been.

Date: January 1, 2009 20:45

Gazza
Keef Rider
when the band designed RS.com there was surely a project, a design logic that was not only the pure marketing of gadgets, gifts and memorabilia ....

Just like Mick and Keith going youtube to answer questions, because they have always been pioneers, ushering in the digital age.

Just like A Bigger Bang reflects the Stones' fascination with the advent of our universe. The album of why we are.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 1, 2009 21:21

my membership was supposed to expire today, but so far it hasn't. there hasn't even been a staff person attending to the board for many months now....the whole site is an embarrassing reflection on what was once the GRRBITW....

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: January 1, 2009 23:08

My membership was supposed to expire nine months ago but I can still log in. It's as if they have completely given up running this site in any way at all. (Except for the store, that is.)

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: January 2, 2009 17:46

Daft as it sounds, but is it worth asking whether the Stones currently make more money out of selling tee-shirts than records?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 2, 2009 18:00

I'm truly amazed that anyone here bothers to have anything to do with rs.com at all. The calender thing is bad enough.

In fact, that's just downright awful. And it's a shame people fell for it. Why don't they put out a calendar of the 1981 tour?

That site - they can't even get their own discography right.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 3, 2009 03:07

i think i'm ready to give up my legacy membership from '04...it served no purpose on the last tour and it's been for nothing since they've been off tour. with another year of nothing ahead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-03 03:08 by little queenie.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1479
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home