Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OK Londoners/UKers -- You Make the Call ! !
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 28, 2008 07:36

A guy from Florida on eBay is selling an Aug 26 O2 ticket stub and his ad reads:

2007 ROLLING STONES CONCERT TICKET WEMBLEY 02 LONDON

I contested this by telling him he ought to change his ad as Wembley and the O2 are different venues and in any event, at that time, the only Wembley standing was the Arena.

His response to me:

"the 02 is on the same property as the wembley....kiss your ass"

Well, what say u??

here is the full ad:

[:AAQ:US:1123" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">cgi.ebay.com]

P

Addendum:

I just noticed, even more incredulously, this as part of the ad for the stub which is going for $44.99 :

ROLLING STONES CONCERT TICKET

LAST SHOW OF THE BIGGER THAN BANG TOUR

AT THE 02 ( WEMBLEY ) STADIUM, LONDON

AUGUST 26, 2007 - FACE VALUE IS 165.00 EUROS

MEASURES 4 X 3 INCHES AND HAS ROLLING STONES LIPS HOLOGRAM IN UPPER LEFT CORNER

THIS MAY BE THE LAST SHOW EVER WITH ALL THE BOYS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-28 07:41 by timbernardis.

Re: OK Londoners/UKers -- You Make the Call ! !
Posted by: tawandar2004 ()
Date: December 28, 2008 07:43

I hate that stuff - I'll give him a nudge too!

Date: December 28, 2008 07:49

maybe it worked -- i just got another e mail not 5 minutes after my post where he says:

"its the 02"

concession, i would say.

at first, when i saw his second e mail, I thought: is this guy a member of IORR, but now I see a fellow member of IORR has caused him to knuckle under.

Here here, tawandar2004!!

p

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-28 07:50 by timbernardis.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: December 28, 2008 08:42

Wow.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 28, 2008 11:53

Absolute Crap. I can't believe these jokers

Wembley Stadium and Wembley Arena are in Wembley, Middlesex
The 02 Arena is in Greenwich, South East London.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: December 28, 2008 12:20

He asked what was incorrect about his posting, in response to your question. I told him the tickets were sold in £ sterling and the venus was in a completely different part of London

Date: December 28, 2008 13:19

SO WHATS THE NEW 02 ARENA CALLED ? ITS THE SAME OLD SHIT WITH 2 BANNERS DIVERS CONFIRM NO CRAP

This is the reply I got fom him

It'scalled the 02 Arena , it's not the new 02 Arena it was the Millemium Dome it's been open about 18 months maybe slightly more, thing is it is NOT Wembley.
If it's the same old crap how come you want so much for it, I see the guy imn Montana is thinking about reporting you to ebay, perhaps he has a point.

I just sent him this

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: December 28, 2008 15:04

tawandar2004
I hate that stuff - I'll give him a nudge too!

Just to bust some balls I did the same !

Date: December 28, 2008 16:59

problems with his posting:

LAST SHOW OF THE BIGGER THAN BANG TOUR [??!!]

AT THE 02 ( WEMBLEY ) STADIUM, LONDON [we know]

AUGUST 26, 2007 - FACE VALUE IS 165.00 EUROS [even if it was euros, either way, he is trying to pass off a used ticket (is it a stub or full ticket, have to check mine?) as if that is the face value of a used ticket]

now, I just saw this at the very bottom:

Question & Answer Answered On

Q: Wow - even from Montana - I know this is a very very deceptive sale. Collectors will catch you. I did! We are talking totally different venues here. The only common truth is the location. This is dishonest. Am I missing something here - please advise - or I will have to report this sale to e-bay for deception to potential customers. Dec-28-08
A: ok tell me whats incorrect about my posting ?

Ask seller a question

adotulipson -- did u ask him this question as I did not ask this specific question and he did NOT put our interchange online as with this. I don't mind if u did. SOmeone should report him. I see he has not changed the ad.

R U from Montana? Or was it another guy (other than me) from Montana who asked this specific question?

Great that everyone is smashing this guy. We ought to have a forum for reporting on false e Bay sales with an easy form/link to report it straight to ebay. The IORR Police with BV as sheriff.

but i suspect people would get bored after the novelty wore off.

but it could be something to do besides fighting each other in-between tours AND it could possibly (maybe only briefly) UNITE us in something with comraderie built up -- nothing that unites people like a (holy) war!

p

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-28 17:03 by timbernardis.

Date: December 28, 2008 17:10

I did not ask him specifically just pointed out to him the facts that the currency would be ££ and that the 02 was not Wembley, as you see from my earlier post he became quite offensive, perhaps he will withdraw it.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 28, 2008 17:55

timbernardis
A guy from Florida on eBay is selling an Aug 26 O2 ticket stub and his ad reads:

I contested this by telling him he ought to change his ad as Wembley and the O2 are different venues and in any event, at that time, the only Wembley standing was the Arena.

His response to me:

Well, what say u??

Yes, and Giants Stadium is on the same property as Madison Square Garden.

If you were travelling by public transport from Wembley Arena to the 02 it would take you around 2 hours, with various connections.

The guy is a typical ill-informed ignoramus who probably thinks Berlin is in the UK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-28 18:08 by Gazza.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 28, 2008 19:17

timbernardis

His response to me:

Well, what say u??

here is the full ad:

[:AAQ:US:1123" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">cgi.ebay.com]

P

Addendum:

I just noticed, even more incredulously, this as part of the ad for the stub which is going for $44.99 :

ROLLING STONES CONCERT TICKET

LAST SHOW OF THE BIGGER THAN BANG TOUR

AT THE 02 ( WEMBLEY ) STADIUM, LONDON

AUGUST 26, 2007 - FACE VALUE IS 165.00 EUROS

MEASURES 4 X 3 INCHES AND HAS ROLLING STONES LIPS HOLOGRAM IN UPPER LEFT CORNER

THIS MAY BE THE LAST SHOW EVER WITH ALL THE BOYS

Jesus ... I really DO hate to point out the bleedin' obvious here, but the O2 is in Greenwich, London SE, and Wembley is in London NW - and they ain't exactly near each other, try in excess of 15 miles !!

What's the matter with people these days, can't they f***ing read and/or look at a map ???

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 28, 2008 19:28

Yeah, thats the same way I feel on the 78 Ft Worth show when some bootleggers still call it Will Rogers Convention center or Tarrant County Convention Center when its Will Rogers Auditorium. Seems like I've seen some labels list the Ft Worth 72 show at Will Rogers too! I know it doesnt really matter cause its not affecting the sale of something like this is but it's still irritating!

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: December 28, 2008 21:47

Two completely different places/venues. They are literally polar opposites on the map.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 28, 2008 21:49

it's an absolute outrage and i think the only proper response for someone mis-labeling a venue is a public lynching. anything less would be a further outrage.

Date: December 29, 2008 00:04

just noticed something odd -- first, the form of the ebay URL I copied is odd in that it gives much more than just a simple ebay.com or whatever

second, if u mouse over it, u will see not one, but at least two "angry smileys" over the URL -- maybe this is relective of the guy's attitude.

p

and righto, good god, I attended the Who June 07 at the Wembley Arena as well as the later O2 shows and even I remembered that the two are on opposite sides or at least quite different directions in the city!

people from Florida, like people from Southern California, sometimes lack a brain, "beachheads" u could call them.

Oh and by the way, UC CAL Berkeley in NORTHERN California from the Bay Area, defeated Miami in the Emerald Bowl in San Fran with some late heroics last eve. Just reinforces my point, lol.

Date: December 29, 2008 00:07

Gazza
timbernardis

His response to me:

Well, what say u??

If you were travelling by public transport from Wembley Arena to the 02 it would take you around 2 hours, with various connections.

The guy is a typical ill-informed ignoramus who probably thinks Berlin is in the UK.

I wish that Berlin was in the UK, or that Germany was closer to America!

p

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 29, 2008 01:40

timbernardis
Gazza
timbernardis

His response to me:

Well, what say u??

I wish that Berlin was in the UK, or that Germany was closer to America!

p

Stranger than fiction.........

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 29, 2008 03:08

F**k me pink.

Whats scary is that she had actually "won" $10,000 up to that point. How did she do that - by getting her name right?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 1, 2009 23:58

Deltics

"Hungary is a country? Well, I've heard of Turkey..."

I wonder if the girl's redneck accent is brought out more by Jeff Foxworthy. grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1459
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home