Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Paul McCartney The Fireman Electric Arguments
Date: December 27, 2008 19:38

I've just got to this today (having received as a Xmas present). It's quite good. Recogniseable as McCartney but not as a McCartney album if you know what I mean.

What do you guys think? If indeed you do think - about this album I mean.

Re: OT: Paul McCartney The Fireman Electric Arguments
Posted by: stonesmusicfan ()
Date: December 28, 2008 15:06

Something we like, is rare, so it's nice to see ANYONE these days, make something memorable and catchy.

MACCA gets slagged so much, it becomes a boring sport, to beat him ALL the time, it seems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-28 15:22 by stonesmusicfan.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: December 28, 2008 16:16

Shit sandwich

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 28, 2008 18:48

stonesmusicfan
Something we like, is rare, so it's nice to see ANYONE these days, make something memorable and catchy.

MACCA gets slagged so much, it becomes a boring sport, to beat him ALL the time, it seems.

I agree 100%. He's still got his artistic chops. He's been on a decent stretch for nearly 12 years now putting out several good albums.

I'm not sure, but it seems to me that some of the older people here (who were alive during the 60's) are still carrying some kind of 'ya gotta hate the Beatles to love the Stones' ghost around.

This album sounds good from what I've heard. Let it go, old haters! Put it there!
smileys with beer

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: zeb ()
Date: December 28, 2008 19:04

Same here, I got it as a christmas present, like it a lot!
A special album, thats the least you can say.

Date: December 28, 2008 22:00

andy js
Shit sandwich

Whatever floats your boat Andy!!!!

Posted by: stonethobo ()
Date: December 28, 2008 22:47

Its in my player for weeks now. I love it!

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: December 29, 2008 02:56

A friend of mine highly recommended it so I reckon I'll give it a listen and get back you all.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 29, 2008 11:40

Got it for Christmas and put it on for the first time driving to work today. Sounds like the most interesting thing he's done for ages. It has a nice spacey quality to it, good guitar and overall great production from Youth.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: January 18, 2009 05:50

Just listening to it today. Some nice stuff here. It would have been interesting just as a McCartney solo record, and it is probably better than the last one (Memory Almost Full).

I like that, with releases like this, it's obvious that he still just loves to write and record, regardless of the commercial reward. Say what you will, but Macca has remained, 45 years or so into it, a working artist.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 18, 2009 08:55

ALso got it for Christmas. FANTASTIC! It is very different from the other Fireman discs, as it has lyrics and singing...and in a lot of ways very classic Macca. Then near the end some of the spacey trance like music the other two Fireman are like. Macca keeps on moving with his art, and you have to give him credit! This is one of his best releases ever. Great stuff and it would be great to see it live.

Posted by: MacPhisto ()
Date: January 18, 2009 10:37

I bought this album on recommendation and it was one of the best purchases last year!

For me, this album was an instant winner. The songs sound exciting and diversified and it's still lots of fun listening to the album. Although, unfortunately, I find the album tails off badly with the last say three songs not managing to match the greatness of the previous 9-10.

I also enjoyed his previous album "Memory almost full" a lot! There's also some very very skilled and nice songwriting on that one!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 18, 2009 15:49

A few really good things on there. He and Youth wrote, recorded, and mixed a song a day. Nice idea for experimentation.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: January 18, 2009 22:19

When McCartney pairs with the right kind of talent - here with Youth, or Niles Godrich in the case of his fantastic "Chaos and Creation" record - the results can be really rewarding. Same with this ... instead of just having some "yes man" behind the controls letting McCartney do anything he wants, sometimes the results are lackluster. Don't forget, the best work he ever did in his life was when he had John Lennon to push and pull with.

I do agree with MacPhisto though, the album really falls off at the end. But the first 5 songs? Hot shit!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1513
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home