Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
To the Keith bashers
Posted by: kinoliksmith ()
Date: December 27, 2008 12:06

Heard few of there shows of 2007 in youtube. And he sounded great specially in Belgrade,Oslo,St.Petersburg, Cophenhegan. So I feel that he can take another tour. But he needs to dye his hair. With gray hair he is looking too old.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-27 12:13 by kinoliksmith.

Re: To the Keith bashers
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: December 27, 2008 12:09

well, you can't bash Ronnies hair by the way! he looks great in them ;-)

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 27, 2008 13:42

Changing your tune now, kinoliksmith?

Remember this thread from a couple of months ago?:

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: wisertime ()
Date: December 27, 2008 13:45

kinoliksmith
But he needs to dye his hair. With gray hair he is looking too old.

Who cares ? He is old.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 27, 2008 13:56

kinoliksmith
Heard few of there shows of 2007 in youtube. And he sounded great specially in Belgrade,Oslo,St.Petersburg, Cophenhegan. So I feel that he can take another tour. But he needs to dye his hair. With gray hair he is looking too old.

I'd imagine he's terribly concerned about it too ......

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 27, 2008 14:15

We love Keith. Simple as that. He is rock'n'roll and he is the Stones. Just like Mick. I don't rate people I know and love by quality or standards. I just love them because of what they are. If you are not happy with age catching up on people you know and love, then take a dive or talk to an elk.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Fingers ()
Date: December 27, 2008 15:04

Keith made the comment about the things he doesn't miss when not on tour...."...at least I don't have to dye my hair."

There is one Cool Guy cool smiley who is comforable with himself.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: December 27, 2008 15:14

bv
We love Keith. Simple as that. He is rock'n'roll and he is the Stones. Just like Mick. I don't rate people I know and love by quality or standards. I just love them because of what they are. If you are not happy with age catching up on people you know and love, then take a dive or talk to an elk.

who is "we"? ;-) i d'like to have my own opinion. i'm extremly thankful for the music the stones wrote. i can hardly put it into words what they mean to me. but i wouldnt say that i love keith or mick. because i dont know them personaly. do you know them? i only know them as icons and rockstars. and its quite a one-way relationship to be honest ;-) anyway...i have no problems with aging and all that, but as a fan and music lover i cant close my eyes and i cant just ignore that keiths recent guitarplaying is just terrible (and that is a polite expression). but i would never laugh about that or complain. i personaly just wont go to see them anymore. simply because it hurts to see keith clown around and play awfull solos in the wrong key and @#$%& up intros of songs he played 10000 times. but that doesnt mean i "love" them less then you or anybody else...
peace!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 27, 2008 16:04

Edith Grove

Quite an interesting question. I was thinking the same thing. Just have another look at some of kinolicksmith's posts.

-----
Re: Hail to the Keith: Keith Richards to Appear at Musicians Hall of Fame Induction
Date: October 30, 2008 12:28

By seeing Keith I feel STONES won't tour next year.He looks like wretched train.Maybe Mick will do a solo project

-----

Re: Hail to the Keith: Keith Richards to Appear at Musicians Hall of Fame Induction
Date: November 1, 2008 12:58

He looks good and fit and ready to rock

-----

Date: October 25, 2008 13:27

Lets hope that he looks fit in the upcomming hall of fame.In last hall of fame he looked totally wasted

-----

top 100 guitarists
Date: October 28, 2008 14:43

Does Keith Richards comes under top 100 guitarists, judging by his erratic performance in 2007

-----

Keith's vocals
Date: September 19, 2008 14:28

We know that Keith has lost his touch in playing which he prooved it last year. But do you feel his vocals have gone better as his playing detoriates.

-----

Re: Townshend or Keith
Date: September 16, 2008 09:00

Keith is a rock and roll god.I should say WAS.But post accident he became one of the worst players in the world

-----

Hard Rock
Date: September 12, 2008 11:08

I now prefer hard Rock. Well STONES are history to me after Keith;s debacle performace in 2007. I now prefer Led Zep, Black Sabbath(Ozzy's time) and Deep Purple(Gillans time).Even Deep Purple's new guitarist Price is better than Keith.

-----

Re: keefy, new york 10sept2008
Date: September 11, 2008 12:42

He look s like 80 years old

-----

Who is your fav member of THE ROLLING STONES ?
Date: September 10, 2008 11:11

Mine is Keith Richards because he is now a handicap man with arthritis and brain damage and many more damages.At first it was Mick.

-----

Keith now looks more or like Charlton Heston
Date: July 16, 2008 14:30

am I right
-----

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: December 27, 2008 17:37

If Keith decides(as the rumor goes) to go on Tour in early 2010 it means that he is fit and able to play. Some nights will be better than others with @#$%&-up and great moments. I trust Mick's and keith's judgement. They are the ones who know if they can do it or not.They certainly don't want to be on stage night after night feeling that what they do isn't worth it. They can stop, they don't have to do it.People have been "bashing" keith for ever. I remember in the mid 70's, some were giving him crap, arguing that he used open-tunings because it was easier to play meaning that he was not that good of a guitar player. I don't know why but the Keith bashing bothers me.I have enjoyed keith's music for the last 35 years and I believe he still has some good music in him.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 27, 2008 17:42

gosh people, is it really worth all this time?

I think we on IORR would make an interesting case for a psychologist to investigate. Including me.

I love Keith. I still like his playing. Maybe it is not as good -- maybe so, maybe not, but I really don't think about it too much as long as the band continues to give me joy, and they do.

I love all the Stones, past and present.

Though sometimes I get angry at MT just because of those folks who hit Ronnie so hard on these boards. I love them both, even if Mick was technically superior, as Ronnie himself has said.

But if we didn't fight, what would we have to do until the next tour?

The Outcast Plexiglass

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: December 27, 2008 17:48

no one here loves keith nor the stones.
No one right here really knows them close , how could you love them?
He was great a copenhaguen , etc... , but he was absolutely terrible in lyon , rome , helsinki , dusseldorf.
He played just shit.
It's just fanatism about a man who was a great musician , but you fear to stop thinking he's still a rock star. You simply can't stop it , i don't know how do you "love" him. You don't know him in person since years , accept it , it was just your idol many years ago , but sometimes you have to change yourself.
Change , IORR people! there's lots of good guitarists who really play better than keith , this is like the Jonas Brothers , small kids "love" them just because theyre great , but they have no good stuff , you "love" keith just because he used to be a good rockstar , but he has no good stuff these days , i think since the 80's.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 27, 2008 17:53

we love bv. simple as that.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: December 27, 2008 18:00

mexicostone, don't tell me what I think, I know it better myself. I think that's exactly what rock'n'roll is about, isn't it? a song to you, Neil Young.

I hear some people
been talkin' me down,
Bring up my name,
pass it 'round.
They don't mention
happy times
They do their thing,
I'll do mine.

Ooh baby,
that's hard to change
I can't tell them
how to feel.
Some get stoned,
some get strange,
But sooner or later
it all gets real.

Walk on, walk on,
Walk on, walk on.

I remember
the good old days,
Stayed up all night
gettin' crazed.
Then the money
was not so good,
But we still did
the best we could.

Ooh baby,
that's hard to change
I can't tell them
how to feel.
Some get stoned,
some get strange,
But sooner or later
it all gets real.

Walk on, walk on,
Walk on, walk on.

Date: December 27, 2008 18:01

mexicostone
He was great a copenhaguen , etc... , but he was absolutely terrible in lyon , rome , helsinki , dusseldorf.
He played just shit.
It's just fanatism about a man who was a great musician , but you fear to stop thinking he's still a rock star. You simply can't stop it , i don't know how do you "love" him. You don't know him in person since years , accept it , it was just your idol many years ago , but sometimes you have to change yourself.
Change , IORR people! there's lots of good guitarists who really play better than keith , this is like the Jonas Brothers , small kids "love" them just because theyre great , but they have no good stuff , you "love" keith just because he used to be a good rockstar , but he has no good stuff these days , i think since the 80's.

completely agree!

Date: December 27, 2008 18:25

Actually I like that kinoliksmith is all over the place. That's being a human being. One day you like, next day it bugs you.
Bottom line is we are here, that should mean we all love the band.

To call someone who is criticizing Keith Richards today a Keith basher is infantile. Stones are my alltime fave band, have always been and will always be, but Keith plays like crap today.
And it does not make me less a fan to say that I wish they would not play big gigs anymore. That I hope they play clubs, record, change up the setlist.

Date: December 27, 2008 18:30

Palace Revolution 2000
Actually I like that kinoliksmith is all over the place. That's being a human being. One day you like, next day it bugs you.

To call someone who is criticizing Keith Richards today a Keith basher is infantile. Stones are my alltime fave band, have always been and will always be, but Keith plays like crap today.
And it does not make me less a fan to say that I wish they would not play big gigs anymore. That I hope they play clubs, record, change up the setlist.

agree again...

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: December 27, 2008 18:34

Palace Revolution 2000

Agree as well.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 27, 2008 19:26

I don't think we really know what Keith's condition is. He has lost something since the accident but he could be recovering. His fingers look bad but we can't say if they are too bad to play. The only one who can make that determination is Keith. I do not think that Keith and especially Mick will let Keith go and make a fool of himself. Let's hope he can still go!

Date: December 27, 2008 19:42

bv

I rate people by quality and standards. My wife and kids get 10/10!!! Some of the people here however would struggle to get 2/10!!!!!!!

Date: December 27, 2008 20:21

Sir Craven of Cottage
bv

I rate people by quality and standards. My wife and kids get 10/10!!! Some of the people here however would struggle to get 2/10!!!!!!!

so then tell us about your standards please! i'd love to know my score on your scale! ;-)

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 27, 2008 21:25

Sure he is not what he used to be in....1962

Date: December 27, 2008 21:31

CALL IT UNCONDITIONAL LIKE, IF NOT UNCONDITIONAL LOVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FKINPLEXI

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: December 27, 2008 21:37

He was good in Lyon June 07. He was good because the setlist didn't contain songs that make him trying to play useless Chuck Berry's licks.
To tell the truth, the good part of the show really began after Bitch.
However, Wanna Hold You was a mess. As usual (Never like this song).

Setlist :
SMU / IORR / She's So Cold / Bitch / MM / LIB / MR / I'll Go Crazy / TD
Keith : YGTS / Wanna Hold You
B-stage : MY / RJ / GOOMC / HTW
SFTD / BS / Satisfaction // JJF

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Posted by: CharliMoon ()
Date: December 27, 2008 23:49

Edith Grove

Remember this thread from a couple of months ago?:

[www.iorr.org]

Wow, I'm always amazed how you guys manage to come up with these "old" things! grinning smiley Respect. I wouldn't be able to remember this.

Folks, you better pay attention not to change your tune too often, aye, otherwise the tables are turned. >grinning smiley<

Date: December 28, 2008 01:37

olorin
He was good in Lyon June 07. He was good because the setlist didn't contain songs that make him trying to play useless Chuck Berry's licks.
To tell the truth, the good part of the show really began after Bitch.
However, Wanna Hold You was a mess. As usual (Never like this song).

Setlist :
SMU / IORR / She's So Cold / Bitch / MM / LIB / MR / I'll Go Crazy / TD
Keith : YGTS / Wanna Hold You
B-stage : MY / RJ / GOOMC / HTW
SFTD / BS / Satisfaction // JJF

and that was an ass-kicking show, better than paris, best up to that point in Europa 07 tour. I got some decent fotos and made my own boot, which is prob not as good as the other boot of the show

p

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 28, 2008 01:46

If you can't stand the band making some mistakes then fine, stay at home on the next tour. They will not cancel it because some people want it technically perfect. And I am fine with that. I love them because they are not perfect. It's only rock'n'roll...

Bjornulf

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: December 28, 2008 03:26

guitarbastard
mexicostone
He played just shit.

completely agree!

Maybe Mexicostone and Guitarbastard are really the same kid...

Date: December 28, 2008 03:47

bv
If you can't stand the band making some mistakes then fine, stay at home on the next tour. They will not cancel it because some people want it technically perfect. And I am fine with that. I love them because they are not perfect. It's only rock'n'roll...

BV, I respect your stance on the Stones any day; true.
But IMO a band "making some mistakes" because "they're not perfect", because "it's only rock'n roll", that was the Stones in 69, in 72, in 75; God, in 78 for that matter! And everyone here knows that is the vintage Stones through and through. That is what it's all about, I think we all agree on that one. But the description you put out, IMO does not describe today's band at all. To say that 3 BU singers, a middle aged hornsection, a glorified session bassist and an accountant/organplayer is rock'n roll..?? I can not say that it is even a subjective opinion that the guitars barely play - it is a fact; the guitars do not carry the song anymore. I don't know, I take the 69 Stones making mistakes, out of tune, on a lousy boot over that.
Just trying to underscore my point here; have all the respect for other opinions.

Posted by: Dobril ()
Date: December 28, 2008 04:02

Keith doesn`t give a @#$%& about anybody`s opinion about him and... he will go on blowing off everybody`s head like he did in Belgrade for example, I saw him very close, playing wonderful, full of energy with his demonic look in the eyes and guitars piercing the brain like no other guitar player in the world.

Keith is simply the best guitar player the world has ever known and that is why The Rolling Stones are the best ever rock`n roll performers in the world.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home