Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: THE NEXT TOUR STARTS JANUARY 2010 - YES, REALLY!!!!
Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: December 25, 2008 20:55

Loudei
alimente
if this is really true it bothers me a bit that these news deal with a new tour and not with exciting new recording projects which could justify a new tour.

hope it does not mean that a new album will be again just a byproduct, just done to give a new tour a name - like BB, when after a few shows new material was relegated to an absolute minimum and the show went its usual way: fireworks, big stage production, and a heavy dose of greatest hits with only the occasional deep cut thrown in like Sway or As Tears Go By.

Could not agree more.

That's part of the game they're in. What should they do? Play on small stage, no light effects, no fireworks and only less known songs!

Well, I bet that if they did, no stadium, no arena and not the theatre show shows would be sold out...maybe one or two but that's no enough for a tour.

Stop dreaming; they're big players in a big game. On a huge tour they can afford a few shows like the ones mentioned but never ever a whole tour.

The masses don't want to hear Sway, As tears go by etc. And these are the people who pay the money not the ones who want to hear less known songs and at the same time complain about the ticket prices.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 25, 2008 20:56

Well then if it was just 'filler' then why did they bother at all? In January? They didn't really need to. I think they just wanted to keep on going - and make more money, of course. That was the ridiculous ticket prices, that tour. That's when it soared beyond belief.

Besides, they dusted off some really cool tunes for that tour. I think it was more than just filler - I really think they were on to something for that whole duration. They were really firing good on that entire tour. The live album was just an excuse to give it a new name, strip it down. They've never really toured for a live album. Which doesn't make any sense anyway.

Now, Licks - that was just an excuse to really dust off some shit and play the one new song, which, at least, was consistent. Ha ha.

Bang? Naahhhh - TIRED OLD BAND. Forget it - they do a new record in 10 I'll get it but I'm not gonna bother being mislead to think they're actually going to play anything from it on tour. IF they tour. They can rehearse all they want - it will just be the hits - the common candy, and less essence and quality.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 25, 2008 21:01

I didnt say they didnt enjoy it and make money, your right they didnt want to kill the momentum but it was still filler for the postponed shows i beleive

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: December 25, 2008 21:10

Come on... they are so many bands out there in the big game as well... The Dead didnt play the same songs two nights in a row. The Black Crowes play different songs everynight. This band only cares about making money. They have such a vast catalog to make it all so interesting. I wish they would play for themselves for just one tour instead of the masses and the millions of dollars... when they made hteir best shit they played for themselves...

No artistic integrity here... just money, money, money....and chcuk berry solos...HAHAHA

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: December 25, 2008 21:45

Loudei
I think he plays better than Keith

ANYONE plays better than keith.
My sister does!
I know some of you are totally in love with keef , but he can't play anymore , the band can't go on like that , there's simply no more time for it.
Maybe they could it , but they have to do something to impress everyone , i don't know , if they still call themselves the greatest band in the world , they have to do something we couldn't expect , not only another shitty tour with lisa and those bastards , fireworks , the ex(j)aggerated moves mick does , big ticket prices , big stages , the greatest band in the world stuff , etc......
They have to do great musical works , they have to show they have balls.
but it's simply over , leave it for great bands that have people on them that CAN play instruments , there are lots , the stones ain't the only band.
accept it , men .

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: December 25, 2008 21:46

those "Keith can't play anymore" guys are worse than "get me Mick Taylor back!" ones.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: December 25, 2008 21:47

I believe in another Stones tour, and sure it's gonna be smaller. arenas? good idea. 2010? probably.

we'll see.

Date: December 25, 2008 21:47

Loudei
Come on... they are so many bands out there in the big game as well... The Dead didnt play the same songs two nights in a row. The Black Crowes play different songs everynight. This band only cares about making money. They have such a vast catalog to make it all so interesting. I wish they would play for themselves for just one tour instead of the masses and the millions of dollars... when they made hteir best shit they played for themselves...

No artistic integrity here... just money, money, money....and chcuk berry solos...HAHAHA

I totally agree , and for the chuck berry solos , they are incomplete chuck berry solos.
AC/DC plays the same songs every show , but they give it all on stage , when i saw them live , i saw it in angus' face , he loves it , he sweats.
they have the art.
The stones simply lost it some time ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-25 21:49 by mexicostone.

Date: December 25, 2008 22:33

Amused
I believe in another Stones tour, and sure it's gonna be smaller. arenas? good idea. 2010? probably.

we'll see.

I disagree, i think its gonna be the usual huge world tour, with all do respect

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 25, 2008 22:49

There will always be people who claim they are better guitar players than Keith, Ronnie, Mick T and so on. There will always be people who say Keith can not play or Mick can not sing. Just ignore. The reason why they say so is because they love to see the reaction. And since they are probably Macca fans on visit here, or Garth Brooks fans, or who knows, may be even Gary Glitter fans, do we really care?

Personally I think it is pretty clear that they will tour in 2010, but how the start of the tour is defined is unclear. Recordings, album, rehearsals, different dates, the financial crisis is not over yet etc. They do have plans now for sure, but they are not final, they may change according to finance and other factors. But sure they will hit the road, not right away, probably not 2009, but some time in 2010.Fifty Licks...

Bjornulf

Date: December 25, 2008 23:07

bv
There will always be people who claim they are better guitar players than Keith, Ronnie, Mick T and so on. There will always be people who say Keith can not play or Mick can not sing. Just ignore. The reason why they say so is because they love to see the reaction. And since they are probably Macca fans on visit here, or Garth Brooks fans, or who knows, may be even Gary Glitter fans, do we really care?

Personally I think it is pretty clear that they will tour in 2010, but how the start of the tour is defined is unclear. Recordings, album, rehearsals, different dates, the financial crisis is not over yet etc. They do have plans now for sure, but they are not final, they may change according to finance and other factors. But sure they will hit the road, not right away, probably not 2009, but some time in 2010.Fifty Licks...

I never said I was better than anybody. I just think people like The Stones should recognize they can't play to the level fans like me ( i think we are many) expects them to play. I guess you just like the spectacle, I don't deny its a great one. But the music needs to be recycled, I need a great new song for instance. Same formula? Same set list? I guess there are fans of the Stones like there are fans of Wrestlemania or The WWF...which is fake wrestling, but the hype the show makes them jerk off everytime. This band was about the music, now is just this money machine...and how long can they go on for. I ve been with this band for a looonng time, and I've gotten deep inside what made this band tremendous. Dylan without a voice made three incredible albums in the 90's and 00's ...The Stones? just business strategies...no artistic integrity. The Black Crowes are out for the music, so don't worry about me.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 25, 2008 23:27

OK -- anyone out there, state specifics as to:

a) when Keith was shit during SAL; and

b) when Keith was great during SAL

you could number the specific instances under a) and under b), then all of us can comment on each one very easily and efficiently. No room for blanket or generic statements.

Plexi

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: December 25, 2008 23:37

Great news, if true.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 25, 2008 23:38

DREAMTIME
YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!

I WAS AT THE VIP AFTER SHOW PARTY FOR NEIL YOUNG @ MSG LAST WEEK & SPOKE WITH STONES PEOPLE INSIDE THE REAL "STONES CAMP" & WITHOUT MENTIONING NAMES, I WAS INFORMED THE TOUR WILL START IN JANUARY 2010 & IT WILL BE AN ARENA TOUR!!

I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT STARTS BUT IT WILL GREAT TO SEE THE STONES IN WINTER MONTHS!

THE TOUR WILL INCLUDE RONNIE WOOD WHO WILL BE TOURING WITH ROD STEWART & THE FACES IN 2009

NOW I MUST SAVE UP SOME MONEY TO TRAVEL THE WORLD AGAIN WITH THE BOYS,
BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN IT'S THE LAST TOUR!!

ONLY 13 MONTHS TO GO!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! >grinning smiley<

Yes it's true. I It was breaking news this evening : The Stones tour in 2010!!

They are Mick Taylor's supporting act!!!!!!!

Date: December 25, 2008 23:47

you mean the stones are going to start playing dives now?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 26, 2008 00:19

Loudei
paulywaul
Loudei
paulywaul
Loudei

I think they need to scale down ... nothing more

<<< more musicianship, less posing and bullshit >>>

Part of scaling down I think, less focus on theatrics and stage and that "huge" Rolling Stones presence, and more on the delivery of those absoulutely priceless songs that we all adore

<<< And stop stealing our money Mick ... you @#$%& >>>

Got any other stupid comments ? You don't like it, then don't go. He ain't stealing anything.

Yeah I have a stupid comment, wait stupid questions for you ... How are they gonna scale down if Keith can't play? Have you seen the movie? You call that playing in a "scaled down" show? Or you are such a fanatic that you can't hear past the hype?

<<< How are they gonna scale down if Keith can't play ? >>>

Can't play ? You are f***ing joking I hope. Can't play like perhaps he once upon a time did ... I'd have no argument with that. But "can't play" per se ? F*** off !

<<< Have you seen the movie ? >>> Yeah, of course. I was actually in the building at the time it was being filmed !!!

<<< You call that playing in a "scaled down" show ? >>>

I call it the Rolling Stones in 2006. What the hell do you call it ?

<<< Or you are such a fanatic that you can't hear past the hype ? >>>

Enlighten me, precisely what hype is this that I'm difficulty hearing past ?

Chill out will you, it's Xmas day ? Have a glass of wine and put some vinyl on nice n' loud, preferably not some by the Rolling Stones ...... it might offend you ! All that atrocious musicanship - yuk ! How could you bear it ?

I probably love the Stones music more than anybody, thats why I will prefer the band to hang it up and respect that music. I know is har dto accept facts... You are in denial, it;s ok.... I really wish it did it for me, I could feel that Stonish Rush... but I am a guitar player, I have ears and Shine A Light just Sucks...it could have been directed by Steven Spielberg, Kubrick or Paul Thomas Andersen.... I dont go to shows or watch their DVD to see Keith be cool on stage... am in it for the music. Actually am listening to Dirty Work at the moment and have John Lee Hooker qued up next... so F.U too >grinning smiley<

<<< I have ears and Shine A Light just Sucks >>>

I have ears too, and I don't think it does ......

<<< Actually am listening to Dirty Work at the moment and have John Lee Hooker qued up next ... so F.U too >>>

I'm listening to the Fabulous Thunderbirds from 1980, but happy Xmas and F.U too !!

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: December 26, 2008 00:32

Loudei
but I am a guitar player, I have ears and Shine A Light just Sucks...

This kind of 'i am a guitar player' guys make me sick. Who the f### cares that you play the guitar.
Keith is not just a guitar player. He's a soulful singer as well, a songwriter, a riff maestro, the coolest guitarist on earth, whose trademark riffs and songs made history. When I see him on stage (or sometimes listening on CD) I see the man with the forty-something years of history, the man who is the rock'n'roll himself.
If you say you listen to music for the pure musical experience (every notes are perfect and in its place correctly or whatever) go listen to Dream Theater or that kind of rubbish and I feel sorry for you that you miss the feeling.

Date: December 26, 2008 00:44

keefed
Loudei
but I am a guitar player, I have ears and Shine A Light just Sucks...

This kind of 'i am a guitar player' guys make me sick. Who the f### cares that you play the guitar.
Keith is not just a guitar player. He's a soulful singer as well, a songwriter, a riff maestro, the coolest guitarist on earth, whose trademark riffs and songs made history. When I see him on stage (or sometimes listening on CD) I see the man with the forty-something years of history, the man who is the rock'n'roll himself.
If you say you listen to music for the pure musical experience (every notes are perfect and in its place correctly or whatever) go listen to Dream Theater or that kind of rubbish and I feel sorry for you that you miss the feeling.

Everyone knows that about keith.
We all know he's a rocker , he's been a really good rocker since lots of years ago , but he can't play now .
i understand everything about the feeling and stuff , but there are many players who have the same feeling and play the notes , keith doesn't play the notes.
Keith's just continuing using his guitar on stage in the wrong years.
It's the same that everyone gives a shit if we play guitar than if you go with other guys who like music and never heard of the stones , if you let them listen to SAl , they would say this is shite , you would say keith is the riff maestro , singer and stuff , they would say they give a shit about it , because they can't listen any good guitar playing on it. it's relative.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-26 00:49 by mexicostone.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 26, 2008 00:44

I didn'see SAL ; friends of mine didn't think very much of it. But Shine a light is one of the best Stones songs for shure..lovely weaving by Taylor & singing by Jagger. The Stones cannot play like that anymore for many years,so I don't know why they use this title for SAL..a bit misleading??

Date: December 26, 2008 00:56

My pleasure Plexi.

SAL - Keith's Playing

1. JJF -
Very good. Keith plays this one well.

2. Shattered -
Slow tempo. Band doesnt seem to be very into this one. Keith plays ok.

3.She Was Hot -
Keith plays terrible here. Too loud. Doesn't know what the F to play. Again the band seems detached.

4.All Down The Line -
Open G again. Keith seems to play better in this two finger and an @#$%& format. The Band plays tighter. However Keith brains farts in the end.

5.Loving Cup - One of my favorite Stones songs -
Seems like a not well rehearsed song. Chuck keyboards are awesome. Keith again tries to play something and ends up with the fills he throws at every tune. Sub par effort,

6.Tears go By -
For some reason this songs makes Keith and the band play for the music and from the heart. No BS here. Incredible performance.

7.Some Girls -
Back to reality. This effort just sucks period. Keith again with chuck berry , not knowing what to play on this two chord song.

8.Just my imagination -
This song is hard to resist. Always loved this tune... but Keith like 81, should stick with the groove and let Ronnie solo and bobby keys. His solo gives us an idea how bad his fingers are working. Bill Wyman would have helped too.

9. Far away Eyes -
Good effort. Another Some Girls tune. The Glimmer Twins share the mic. Keith screws up the chorus.

10. Reefer and Champagne -
Awesome Buddy Guy. Keith plays like total crap.

11.Tumblin Dice -
Very hard for the Stones not to play this well, However Keith F the groove up yet again at 1.12.40 soloing and not playing with Charlie.

12.You Got The Silver -
Ronnie seemed like he was playing for his life here. Keith didnt play. Good tune. Glad to hear it.

13.Connection -
Terrible.

14. Sympathy -
We all know Keith can't solo in this song to save his life. I also think this disco version should be changed to something else. It hasnt since 89.

15. Live with me -
Chuck berry ...yeah ok. Christina is so hot I don't even care.

16. Start me up -
Played well.

17. Brown sugar -
Played well

18. Satisfaccion -
Keith terrible.

keith has problems in standard tunning... too many brain farts...

The truth is beautiful even if it hurts!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-26 01:02 by Loudei.

Date: December 26, 2008 01:03

keith plays JJF well, lol, after 2 million versions,DO YA THINK!!!!!!!

Date: December 26, 2008 01:05

That's a correct review of sal , the only thing i would change is that christina is the hottest thing that happened on stage!!

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: December 26, 2008 01:16

If your only reason for going to a rock concert is for music perfection, you never really got what rock n roll is all about!!

Mick himself stated a rock concert was just an excuse to "ball".

I go to Stones shows to have fun and rock out! I enjoy the mistakes (at least you know it's not a recording)

There are many ways for them to present themselves in a different light. It can be a very bluesy show, more acoustic, play a center stage with general admission all around them for added excitement like Metallica's current tour configuration, etc.

I personally would just like to see just six musicians on stage, which would cut their costs. Chuck has made new arrangements of older songs that were spot on.

As far as Keith goes, Ronnie can play all the leads and let Keith sing a little more.

I grew up watching old bluesmen play until their demise and it actually makes it more real. I'm not interested in fans that need sex appeal, even though Mick can still carry himself.

I have been to hundreds of Stones shows and always had a good time! Maybe that's why it's called "Good Time Rock n Roll"

Go or don't go to their next shows, who cares if you don't show up. Some bored fans should try seeing them in a new venue or better yet, a country they have never visited, you might get a new perspective!!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 26, 2008 01:22

What a drag it is getting old smoking smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: December 26, 2008 01:30

Come on Dreamtime ... Good music is not perfect. We all go to shows to have a good time. But also to be moved by the music. I know my words are harsh, and is hard to admit them. I love Keith to death man. But its hard for me to watch and hear him play. Evryband makes mistakes on stage, but Keith is just off the ball on most numbers, except the open gs. Hey I know he is old, and probably has more problems than we think in his hands. Why not tell us whats wrong? Instead of going up there and pretend his still the same player or musician? Becuase that would mean a ton of cash. Charlie always said that Keith Richards is either totally off, on the ball or weeks ahead of you. Go figure.

Hey I would still go see him just to honor him. He has influenced my life and the world. But don't tell me you are a Stones fan and won't recognize the man is not well onstage.

DREAMTIME
If your only reason for going to a rock concert is for music perfection, you never really got what rock n roll is all about!!

Mick himself stated a rock concert was just an excuse to "ball".

I go to Stones shows to have fun and rock out! I enjoy the mistakes (at least you know it's not a recording)

There are many ways for them to present themselves in a different light. It can be a very bluesy show, more acoustic, play a center stage with general admission all around them for added excitement like Metallica's current tour configuration, etc.

I personally would just like to see just six musicians on stage, which would cut their costs. Chuck has made new arrangements of older songs that were spot on.

As far as Keith goes, Ronnie can play all the leads and let Keith sing a little more.

I grew up watching old bluesmen play until their demise and it actually makes it more real. I'm not interested in fans that need sex appeal, even though Mick can still carry himself.

I have been to hundreds of Stones shows and always had a good time! Maybe that's why it's called "Good Time Rock n Roll"

Go or don't go to their next shows, who cares if you don't show up. Some bored fans should try seeing them in a new venue or better yet, a country they have never visited, you might get a new perspective!!

Date: December 26, 2008 01:39

I also want to add that I think its a wonderful idea to trim this band down.

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: December 26, 2008 01:57

There must be something I miss...I saw the film 7 times at the movies, and several more times on DVD. Keith doesn't play well? As for me, every riff, every fill is perfectly timed into the songs. Listen to She was hot, Some Girls, Just my imagination - GREAT. And when Start me up, Jumping Jack Flash and Tumblin Dice come along, he pumps his riffs out and is the driving force of the songs. And liste to his acoustic playing. As Tears Go By is incredible. And the bonus scene where he sits on stage when others work around him, if that isn't beautiful I wonder what is.

I just can't take comments like this seriously. The whole band is perfectly fit to do another tour, at any scale if they want to. And they would do it with the same great rock'n roll attitude as they always do. They are pros and they love what they do.

Yes, they are expencive, so either save the money for it or don't go. It should be fairly ease to decide when all someones got it complaining about more or less everything about the band. As for me, I'd rather see another show at any given date, than to moan about this and that and still livving in the so called golden years 69 - 74. How boring to be hung up in records made 40 years ago without finding joy in all thre great stuff they've made since.

Lot's of love from me to the boys in The Rolling Stones. Please keep on rolling!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-26 02:05 by Niklas.

Date: December 26, 2008 02:02

I envy you

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: December 26, 2008 02:07

Loudei
I envy you

I don't think so. To me it seems you wish they were long gone.....

Date: December 26, 2008 02:11

I just want them to find their magic. This formula is not working for me anymore. Am not a monkey.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1905
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home