Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

First Barbarians- Kilburn 1974
Posted by: filstan ()
Date: December 22, 2008 23:34

Little voice spoke up inside my head Friday evening that said "play the Ronnie Wood Kilburn show DVD". So I did as voice suggested and man did I enjoy watching this one again. Of course the quality of the video is not top end quality, but it does not matter. The quality of the music and the fun the musicians were having on stage makes it all worthwhile. Very sympathetic players. Keith and Ronnie played so well together in those years. What a fine moment this concert and the album release were for Ronnie. He had put together this great core band and had some friends help out with songwriting, vocals and some cameo bit playing. . While Ronnie and Keith forgot some of the words to the songs, they just carried on with some wry smiles passed around. The material they played was all fresh. I Got My Own Album To Do remains one of my all time favorites. It has aged very well. The video brings all of this back home. Given how cold the weather is here in the Northern US right now I recommend people to put this on, pour a favorite libation, sit back and enjoy the fun!

Re: First Barbarians- Kilburn 1974
Posted by: Dark Horse 77 ()
Date: December 23, 2008 00:10

This was a really good show, imo. I'm really looking forward to the announced New Barbarians Live At MSG 1979. It was announced by Ronnie's site earlier this year but nothing since.

Re: First Barbarians- Kilburn 1974
Posted by: filstan ()
Date: December 23, 2008 02:08

I agree, The New Barbarians Live At MSG 1979 would be a fine release. As far as I am concerned, The Stones, as well as Keith and Ronnie can leave us buried with old shows. I give people like Neil Young credit for giving fans new as well as choice older music. Meanwhile we take what the Stones give us.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1333
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home