Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Anita Pallenberg
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 19, 2008 10:37

Ladies and Gents, the rock and roll muse of all time:

Nice job!

- Doxa

Re: Anita Pallenberg
Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: December 19, 2008 11:06

Very lovely indeed!

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: December 19, 2008 12:04

Already removed...

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 19, 2008 12:06

Why ??

Date: December 19, 2008 12:10

Copyright problems!

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: December 19, 2008 12:12

Not removed, still watchable at youtube. Just click on the screen again, and you will
be guided to the youtube website.

Date: December 19, 2008 12:18

I just get: Enbedding disabled by request...
Guess you have to type the name of the clip to get further?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 19, 2008 12:38

One of the hottest dames to grace the planet. Met her at an event at the ICA in about 96 where she was showing private films from her time in Morocco with Keith. She later went on to do a DJ set that lent heavily on the Stones. Great topo hear her play Sympathy, especially as she's on backing vocals with Marianne. She was a little scary and cool but not as bad as Nico whom I met in 74 at a concert in Hyde Park. I asked to take a photo of her and in a steely, ice maiden German voice said: "Yeeeessss, but notttt that close". I readjusted my camera but when I looked up again she was gone.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 19, 2008 13:09

Anita ought to write an autobiography, but I doubt she will. I think she said all the publishers would want is the sleaze / kiss and tell angle and she would have no truck with it.
Shame, there is a good tale there.
A survivor, albeit a bit torn and frayed.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 19, 2008 15:35

one of the hottest babes ever!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 19, 2008 16:37

My fave-muse is Bianca, and look out for their daughter...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 19, 2008 17:12

My number one Stones related person, thanks for posting DOXA

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: December 19, 2008 18:17

jlowe
Anita ought to write an autobiography, but I doubt she will. I think she said all the publishers would want is the sleaze / kiss and tell angle and she would have no truck with it.
Shame, there is a good tale there.
A survivor, albeit a bit torn and frayed.

After reading Marianne's, Anita would be wise to keep her mouth closed. Marianne's first autobio was interesting, the second one, published last year, she's leaning towards too grand. And really nothing of much interest has happened since 94 when the first one was published.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 31, 2008 15:49

Anita wa gorgeous back in the day!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: January 1, 2009 02:36

I have written about this before, but I learned a new respect for this woman last year. We tend to forget, she was famous when she met the Stones, endured abuse by Brian one of the world's worst misogynists, survived the same chemical lab we idolize Keith for without any respect given her fortitude, got dumped for a younger prettier face by a famous husband that was applauded for the move but would have been jeered as having a mid-life crisis if he had been just another of the middle class, and in the end has resisted to cash in on any sort of tell-all missive, keeping her secrets just that, secret.

After the very last ABB show, I was wondering the Streets of sleepy London town with the group of usual suspects when serendipity as much as diligent gossip found us across the street from the official tour end party before the press, or even the Stones had gotten there. We spied Anita across the street having a ciggie, and with the total lack of retraint expected of me by friends that also after the years still try and feign surprise that I find dignity to be way over rated, I was running through the traffic right at her.

"Ms. Pallenberg, sorry to bother you, but can you sign this?"

At once I was met with wit and charm. "Well if you had asked if I was Ms. Pallenberg, I would have said no, but since you are sure of who I am, OK. Call me Anita." She scrawled something on paper I would be hard pressed to find today, and then actually asked me questions about myself, she engaged me in converstaion! She had time and INTEREST. It all seemed normal as my other friends slowly overcame their restraint and drifted over. Before you knew it, it was just 5 or 6 people in the street changing stories, lighting ciggies, well ok she kept signing paper scraps. Rockman was there, she promised she would get him into the party, a promise she kept. We all talked as the paparazzii arrived, the crowds grew, the limos began to appear, and she was in no hurry to leave us, talking and laughing.

I also saw this lady slagged in a way that still burns my memory, a story that I wont share in detail on any site because of the mixed emotions it still brings up. But she on our behalf approached someone who prides himself on being a gentlemen and his repect for women, and was disrepectfully blown off in front of us all like a common street walker, sarcastically, even painfully asked, "who are you, do I even know you," by someone who knew damn well who she was. Anita never lost her cool, never became the bitch. Politely she swallowed abuse in public she did not deserve in front of people she hardly knew, and with a small non-apologetic joke rejoined us common folk on the street she was having a quiet time with, and kept her dignity and the repsect off all of us there who were a bit shell shocked. We were just a bunch of people having a good time on the streets again, while cameras pointed and clicked elsewhere at the famous and nearly famous streaming into the party. Wow, I have had a few brush ins here and there with the famous, some fun, some not so fun, but I have never met any one like her that was so unimpressed and unfazed by it all, who, despite all the things in the press about bear skins and mars bars and the like, seemed so absolutely normal and down to earth.

Damn 3:30 AM Jan 1 St. Petersburg and there goes that voice again "Vaat the hell u must do on internet now?" gotta go HAPPY NEW YEARS!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 1, 2009 03:34

Nice words kahoosier ....
The exchange of words at the gate was pure theatrics
but deep..deep down beneath the thorns was a hidden veiled love...

Strange evening .... The final moments of Norma Desmond in Sunset Boulevard always come to mind ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 1, 2009 12:26

A tale inimitably told! It was theatrics at the gate alright but Anita came out tops with her good humour, dignity and down-to-earthness. A charming lady.

Date: January 8, 2009 10:19

I am wondering who you mean, kahoosier, who snubbed her...was it Hugh Grant or Jude Law? Now I see her influence on fashion in practically all the boutiques I walk into. And I think the jewelry is starting too. Even the Chanel's 2008 Cruise Collection was reported as reminiscent of Anita!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: January 8, 2009 10:39

yes, i couldn't believe she was standing outside the door with the rest of us. i wasn't gutsy enough to have approached her, but wish i did.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 8, 2009 10:59

Kahoosier, a nice story!
Rockman lucky bastard, was is a good party?

- Doxa

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1668
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home