Ticket Trader :  Talk
Here you can trade your tickets. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

More information on Wembley
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 22, 2005 08:46

Does anyone have more information on when they will send out Wembley tickets? I have seats on the pitch for both shows, but need to travel to get there.

Actually, I have the same question re Vienna. I am planning a summer vacation with the family (very convenient), but want to make sure that I have my tickets before I leave.

Re: More information on Wembley
Posted by: lodge ()
Date: December 22, 2005 21:32

AFter receiving an e-mail by Ticketmaster UK that the tickets will be send out 7-10 days before the event I was quite furious. But they wrote me that this would be the absolute latest time they would send the tickets. They assume it will be during summer time.
Anyway it's always a nightmare as long as you don't have tickets.
Ticketmaster Norway for instance has send the tickets in 5 days to Switzerland. So ticketmaster can work if they want to.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: December 22, 2005 21:51

I think its a Ticket Master UK thing and not just the Stones.

A lot of concerts I have had to wait for my tickets.

Starts to get a bit scary when you need to fly to London and the tickets are still not with you.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 26, 2005 04:24

drbryant Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone have more information on when they
> will send out Wembley tickets? I have seats on
> the pitch for both shows, but need to travel to
> get there.

if their past history is anything to go by, (ie Astoria 2003), overseas fans can expect the tickets to be dispatched around 24-48 hours AFTER youve got on the plane for England

Even though they were distributing tickets for the Twickenham shows 3-4 days earlier, the concept of foreign fans travelling over for BOTH Twickenham and Astoria was beyond their comprehension

Their idiocy knows no limits, however in all seriousness you could get these tickets ANYTIME between next week and next August. My personal guess would be next summer but a few weeks before the shows in question

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 26, 2005 17:19

Thanks. I probably won't leave until a few days before the show, but this is pretty unsatisfactory.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 29, 2005 00:25

i would guess that if there's any logic to the policy it has to do with attempts to mitigate scalping....but who knows...

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: December 29, 2005 02:29

As they wrote on their website, Wembley isn't ready yet so they don't know the exact seats, rows and so on. I think that's the main reason they can't send them out earlier...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 29, 2005 15:09

to some degree thats possible, although they know the exact seats for the pitch tickets

However, whilst I wouldnt expect the grandstand seat numbers to be known until early spring when the stadium SHOULD be completed, from past experience its not uncommon for TM in the UK to wait until only a couple of weeks before a show to send out tickets

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1714
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home