Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Satisfaction - PIB from Warsaw 1967
Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: July 3, 2008 13:36

I 've extracted tha audio from the 1967 Warsaw video; nothing special but I thought that maybe somebody is interested to have the audio in his files:

[www.mediafire.com]

I left the Polish comments.

Re: Satisfaction - PIB from Warsaw 1967
Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: July 3, 2008 13:43

Thanks Vanni!

Date: July 3, 2008 14:08

This is the Satisfaction from the Olympia, which I think everybody has it:

[www.mediafire.com]

Anyway, could you please listen carefully to the part between 0,08 and 0,32 and individuate a fuzz or a whistle sound. This comes probably from Brian guitar but I don't understand if it's jus a defect of the audio or a purposely-made-effect.
Can you give me your comment?

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: July 3, 2008 14:47

straycat58
This is the Satisfaction from the Olympia, which I think everybody has it:

[www.mediafire.com]

Anyway, could you please listen carefully to the part between 0,08 and 0,32 and individuate a fuzz or a whistle sound. This comes probably from Brian guitar but I don't understand if it's jus a defect of the audio or a purposely-made-effect.
Can you give me your comment?

Never noticed that before, sounds like a Mellotron, like they used on 2000 Light Years. Where they carrying one around back then?

Date: July 3, 2008 16:12

Vox, this is very strange to me.
I watched the videos available but Brian, during Satisfaction, is playing a Rickenbacker.
In the 67 tour, Brian was playing the organ (not the piano) in LSTNT, the flute in Ruby tuesday, the harmonica in Goin'home; so, I expect that Stu was not involved on stage, as he was in the past tours.
Therefore, this sound probably comes from Brian guitar or his amplifier. Is this possible?

addition: another theory from a friend of mine is that it comes from the pedal of Keith, a gibson-fuzztone and that this pedal had problems of heating.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-03 16:26 by straycat58.

Date: July 3, 2008 16:46

Vox, I found another one:

check Under my thumb from Olympia at 1,18.

Date: July 3, 2008 18:18

Can't really hear it in UMT from Olympia.

I wonder if it's just massive feedback. If you listen carefully, some of the notes are not quite right, & they are long, sustained, controlled, notes which is what you get if you hit a note & then let it keep feeding back, Jimi Hendrix did it a lot.

Now, Keith is playing the main riff on the fuzz guitar & that would not feedback in the same way, he's changing notes too quickly, so it must be Brian. It''s difficult to see in the Warsaw clip but I don't think he's playing the Rickenbacker, I think it's a Gibson/Epiphone.

Just heard some definite feedback. At the 3.08 mark Mick sings 'Hey Hey Hey' & immediately after that there is guitar feedback. Was Brian experimenting with controlled feedback?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 5, 2008 19:24

The stones used the new all solid state vox amps for this tour, Keith used the amps fuzz not the maestro FZ1.

Brian played a hollow body Gibson ES-330TD, the combination of the hollow body and the very trebley Vox amps would mean his guitar would feedback very easily, especially if he went near the amps and/or engaged the fuzz.

I'd say that's what you are hearing.

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: July 5, 2008 19:41

anybody can upload it on other server ? Thanks

Date: July 6, 2008 11:54

Thanks His Majesty, so you would exclude that this it's a mellotron to produce this sound? .

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 6, 2008 12:19

straycat58
Thanks His Majesty, so you would exclude that this it's a mellotron to produce this sound? .

Yes, it's definitely guitar feedback.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: July 14, 2008 17:47

Has anyone posted this video clip?

J

Date: July 14, 2008 19:26

Yup, it's on the 'toob

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: October 14, 2008 13:20

on tube it is'nt .
can anyone post this video , please

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 959
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home